Say, (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:00 (3403 days ago)

Does anyone else remember those onyx pyramid ships?

I'm betting they're going to show up, later in the franchise.

And they're going to be The Darkness.

The Darkness!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:01 (3403 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 15:23 (3403 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Say,

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:30 (3403 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

what? You mean the Hive ships or from something else?

They look very Vex to me

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:35 (3403 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

[image]

They look very Vex to me

by Raflection, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:52 (3403 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Sort of like the shapes and lines of the black garden

Do Vex have ships?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 14:56 (3403 days ago) @ Raflection

I was under the impression they just used time-gates/warping to get everywhere.

Do Vex have ships?

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 15:08 (3403 days ago) @ CyberKN

Well, there's that really big ship floating above venus with the walled off teleporter. But maybe the assumption is that's a ship and it's really a base or something.

Do Vex have ships?

by Earendil, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 16:45 (3403 days ago) @ CyberKN

Maybe it's how they get the gates to planets they've never been to before? A one way trip via ship to a planet so that they can set up shop there.

Wait...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 23:36 (3402 days ago) @ Earendil

An alien race that flies around in pyramid ships, seeding planets with ring-shaped portals, which they then use to run an interstellar empire?

I think that's been done.

[image]

Wait...

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 23:47 (3402 days ago) @ stabbim

The Vex were in our solar system before we were, though. Well, they can time travel, so that isn't saying much.

There's a line from your Ghost on one of the story missions that's something like "It's like the Vex have dormant systems/networks/somethings buried under every planet in the solar system, just waiting to be revived!" and the ruins on Venus are said to predate humanity by billions of years.

Finally, they don't necessarily have an interstellar empire; the only ones who we know have that are the Cabal, and possible the Hive, and that the Fallen say they used to.

Obviously several of these points are moot because your thing was in response to above conjecture and this is partly conjecture of mine in another direction, but this is an interesting conversation.

Wait...

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Thursday, January 15, 2015, 05:33 (3402 days ago) @ stabbim

Quick, we need an Awoken Titan, an Exo Hunter, and a human female Warlock. (We could also have another human male Warlock, but he'll spend FOREVER before pressing the button to revive.)

All these questions

by Raflection, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 00:42 (3402 days ago) @ Earendil

These are all things the speaker could tell us.

They look very Vex to me

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 17:06 (3403 days ago) @ iconicbanana

http://destiny.bungie.org/galleries/gdc2013_concept_art/d/42

(Blah it won't insert the image, just click the link I guess.)

[Edit by Admin: just open the actual image in a new window, to get the direct link, then link THAT here:]

[image]

They were, at least at some point, definitely not Vex.

I think they still aren't, the color scheme's off.

They look very Vex to me

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 07:13 (3402 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I don't know about you but im still waiting to fight frog monsters with mini goblins on them

Destiny Concept Art

and im still waiting on my damn war tiger.....

Destiny Concept Art

Oh well....maybe in the next expansion.

CC

They look very Vex to me

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 07:55 (3402 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

Heh, nice snark. But these got a fancier image, and were treated as something special at the GDC, so I think they're probably gonna be more than an ultimately discarded concept.

Also for whatever reason I couldn't right-click + open in new tab in the gallery, so I couldn't get the direct url.

They look very Vex to me

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 08:04 (3402 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I hope so, I was absolutely loving some of that art.

I hope they revisit parts of it at a later date on new planets and maps.

CC

They look very Vex to me

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 10:47 (3402 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

All I have to say is, when they release this character I want to be him

[image]

I mean, lion god with a tie and collar, do I need to say more?

They look very Vex to me

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 06:54 (3402 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Ahh those images. Yea def Vex.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread