Thoughts on a Crota Flawless raid (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 19:01 (3402 days ago)

Abyss:

I think this isn't that tough, so long as we keep the pace up. If you're a hunter, definitely equip Don't Touch Me.

Bridge:

We should have no problems here. This is definitely the easiest part.

2nd Chest:

We should definitely skip this if we are going for flawless. Better to just go slow and kill everything.

Deathsinger:

Probably the trickiest part, but I'd say that if we take it slow and don't try anything until she begins her song, that's best. All grouping together on the side without all the knights after both shriekers are down probably gives us the best chance. Be super careful with rockets, as you can blow yourself up.

Crota:

Should be no problem, so long as Cyber takes the sword.

If the crew wants to spend some time on this tomorrow, I'd be down. 9:30PST I guess since that's when Cruel gets on. Run it with your max level character.

Thoughts on a Crota Flawless raid

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 20:05 (3402 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cheese tips:

Abyss: Only one person needs to complete this section. Have a hunter with Don't Touch Me and stealth from crouching sprint to the end, step on the plate to start the bridge, and then jump on a rock so they can't be meleed. Soon as the bridge is built and they run across to the next area, everyone will get loot and teleport to the bridge zone.

Bridge: As you said, shouldn't be too hard.

Gauntlet: Easy as pie if you don't race for the chest.

Singer: UGH. It really isn't too atrocious, but you'll need Gjallerhorns a plenty to make sure you kill stuff with a quickness. Be sure to use the turrets (parapets? Towers?) as relatively safe sniping locations to hide in.

Crota: Probably the easiest part.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 23:31 (3402 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Abyss: Only one person needs to complete this section. Have a hunter with Don't Touch Me and stealth from crouching sprint to the end, step on the plate to start the bridge, and then jump on a rock so they can't be meleed. Soon as the bridge is built and they run across to the next area, everyone will get loot and teleport to the bridge zone.

I did this tonight and it's super easy even without Don't Touch Me if you time your cloaking decently (and I am by no means a stellar Destiny player). With those gauntlets, it should be a cakewalk.

MIDA's the logical gun to have equipped here, and as a bonus it can easily keep the Ogre at the end staggered. It didn't land a single shot on me. :)

Yep. There's even a clip of it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 15, 2015, 08:05 (3401 days ago) @ stabbim

Watch that rock get removed

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 08:54 (3401 days ago) @ ZackDark

We're sorry, that's not how the game is intended to be played.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 15, 2015, 10:14 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure they'll do something about it.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:33 (3401 days ago) @ ZackDark

They're going to have to remove every rock in that area if so, or make them a lot taller. A person could get up on the other rocks if they were smart and paused at the lamp longer.

It's either that, or teach the thralls to jump.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:24 (3401 days ago) @ stabbim

They're going to have to remove every rock in that area if so, or make them a lot taller. A person could get up on the other rocks if they were smart and paused at the lamp longer.

It's either that, or teach the thralls to jump.

Hive krill.

They already habve an in-game mechanic to keep you from getting on elevated surfaces (boss fight in Fist of Crota). I imagine that'll be the fix.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 20:14 (3402 days ago) @ Cody Miller

First part. Don't die upon impact from hitting the ground :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 20:16 (3402 days ago) @ unoudid

First part. Don't die upon impact from hitting the ground :)

Oh hahah! Yeah, I think last time I fell next to two dead bodies :-p

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 23:27 (3402 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I can't wait to watch the hilarity when this ends up actually being the part that sets you back the most. Make sure someone's recording.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 03:27 (3402 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I dont even understand how that happens. Landing on each others heads or something?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 06:57 (3401 days ago) @ someotherguy

I've died soloing the first chest before so it has to be impact on something on the ground I'd guess.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 08:25 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am totally down to try this. Was actually just thinking about it. Got my Titan up to 31 now, and I'm finding his extra armor and fists of havoc to be particularly useful in Crota's End.

Are we thinking Friday night? Because I've got a friend who was hoping I could put a group together to run him through Vault of Glass on normal. Maybe I'll do that on saturday.

no cheese

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 08:28 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Also, if we're going to do this, we do it without cheesing ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread