Finally: Anomaly and Burning Shrine in Control (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 10:20 (3402 days ago)

I hadn't hit either map until last night and then got them near back to back. Good lord those are fun. Control points are so close that it's hard to tell what the ideal strategy is yet on Burning Shrine, but some excellent and frantic gameplay. Seems like B and C are best on Anomaly; hard to say because the other team was terrible (I think I got 3 lockdown medals they were so bad).

Very, very refreshing breath of air after all the blind watch games. Can't wait to hit one of those with some teammates.

Finally: Anomaly and Burning Shrine in Control

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 10:45 (3402 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I hadn't hit either map until last night and then got them near back to back. Good lord those are fun. Control points are so close that it's hard to tell what the ideal strategy is yet on Burning Shrine, but some excellent and frantic gameplay. Seems like B and C are best on Anomaly; hard to say because the other team was terrible (I think I got 3 lockdown medals they were so bad).

Very, very refreshing breath of air after all the blind watch games. Can't wait to hit one of those with some teammates.

Yeah, I hate that the whining got First Light and Bastion removed, but the addition of the other maps is nice. You do well in Burning Shrine if you confine the enemies to either A or C, since they have limited movement, and there are some good killzones you can set up.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:58 (3402 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, I hate that the whining got First Light and Bastion removed, but the addition of the other maps is nice. You do well in Burning Shrine if you confine the enemies to either A or C, since they have limited movement, and there are some good killzones you can set up.

THIS.

First Light I'm kind of "eh" on, but I miss Control matches on Bastion. The new additions to the Control hopper are an absolute blast.

At this point, the only map I seriously dislike is Skyshock, but it's slowly gaining traction with me now that I've learned to bust out my Vision of Confluence to fend off those dastardly snipers.

~m

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:44 (3402 days ago) @ Korny

I also miss the bigger maps. Sure, you were SOOOOO far away at spawn, but that just means you gotta stay alive to stay in the action.

Don't forget Asylum

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 11:08 (3402 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's the only one of the three I've gotten to play in control so far. I like the placement of the control points, it basically requires everybody to fight over B the entire time with A and C basically being controlled be each team.

Don't forget Asylum

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 11:14 (3402 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It's the only one of the three I've gotten to play in control so far. I like the placement of the control points, it basically requires everybody to fight over B the entire time with A and C basically being controlled be each team.

Somehow (probably because I don't play much Skirmish/Salvage), I have never played Asylum.

Don't forget Asylum

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:38 (3402 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's in Control now and I thought it was loads of fun. :)

We've heard the legends

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:49 (3401 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Yet somehow my team played Twilight Gap 5 times in a row last night, then Blind Watch, then two more Twilight Gaps, another Blind Watch, and then GODDAMN TWILIGHT GAP AGAIN.

/dies

We've heard the legends

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 22:10 (3400 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If it makes you feel better, the only games we lost yesterday were on the new maps. Dat meta.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 10:39 (3400 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I got to play these two last night. They were fun and seemed nicely balanced through the two or so games I played on each.

Burning Shire was small and frantic but it seemed using the high points around B helped there. I was pleased with the various routes to each point. I also laughed when everyone on my team ran boldly and decisively into a dead end right at the start of the game! :p Anomaly seemed good too. Fights around B were fun and A and C seemed equally positioned. Again the smaller size kept the action moving.

Will be interesting to see if they hold up over the longer term...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread