Vex Mythoclast (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:27 (3402 days ago)

Working every week to get mine. How many attempts did it take you guys to get it?

Vex Mythoclast

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:28 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

You will not like my answer....first time. But haven;t gotten it in like 3-4 hard modes after that.

Vex Mythoclast

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:38 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Working every week to get mine. How many attempts did it take you guys to get it?

I've done at least 25-30 hard modes and still haven't received one.

Vex Mythoclast

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:48 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

*looks guilty and tries to sneak away unseen*

Vex Mythoclast

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:04 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, shaddup...

Even though I still hate you, wanna run some tonight?

Vex Mythoclast

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:24 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, shaddup...

I'd love to! Hard mode?

Vex Mythoclast

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:31 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, shaddup...

I'd love to! Hard mode?

x3!

Vex Mythoclast

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:42 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, shaddup...

I'd love to! Hard mode?

x3!

Awesome. Want me to create an event?

Vex Mythoclast

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:45 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, shaddup...

I'd love to! Hard mode?

x3!

Yeah, go ahead. I'm thinking that rather than run three full raids that late - I might swap characters at Atheon to get the checkpoint and then we can just kill Atheon 3x for the Mythoclast chances.

Vex Mythoclast

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:47 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, shaddup...

I'd love to! Hard mode?

x3!

Yeah, go ahead. I'm thinking that rather than run three full raids that late - I might swap characters at Atheon to get the checkpoint and then we can just kill Atheon 3x for the Mythoclast chances.

Sounds good!

Can you imagine if I get my 4th before you get your 1st?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:55 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

[image]

Can you imagine if I get my 4th before you get your 1st?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 15:00 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

[image]

New avatar found.

He doesn't have to imagine anymore

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 23:45 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Poor Speedracer...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:09 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Vex Mythoclast

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 20:07 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Don't you want the chest in the labyrinth 3 times? I might get Hawkmoon You might get hawkmoon!

I lost count

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:39 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I think it was around 10 runs? Maybe more. My first hard mode clear was on Oct. 24, and I didn't get the mythoclast until a couple of weeks after The Dark below came out.

Not Surprised

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:42 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I will get on eventually I guess. Hopefully they add an exotic to Crotas end. I suppose I will just keep doing the HM for materials and drops for my other characters.

Not Surprised

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:50 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I will get on eventually I guess. Hopefully they add an exotic to Crotas end. I suppose I will just keep doing the HM for materials and drops for my other characters.

The Mythoclast is great, but I think Fatebringer is by far the more useful and powerful weapon overall. Both in terms of its ability to kill stuff super quick, plus the fact that its a legendary weapon, so it frees up your exotic slot. So there are 2 guns to keep hoping for :)

Fatebringer FTW.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:10 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Vex Mythoclast

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 12:44 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Got one on each of my first two completions (and two fatebringers in my first 3). I'm a lucky SOB.

I don't have one yet

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:02 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Vex Mythoclast

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:04 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I believe it was my 5th attempt. But ask Zero how many times it took... RNG is a bitch.

I'm still after mine…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:07 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Vex Mythoclast

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:16 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Not that it matters (RNG is random), but I got it on my second try.

My first VoG was great. Got Atheon's Epilogue, Corrective Measures, chest armor, and class armor. Probably did it ten times where I mainly got shards.

Vex Mythoclast

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:38 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

First try on Hard Mode.

I've done it many, many times on the lower difficulty, but still haven't copped a Fatebringer or Corrective Measure; but I've snagged a couple Found Verdicts and almost two complete sets of armor, and a Vision of Confluence.

edit: oh, and Atheon's Epilogue and Praedyth's Revenge.

~m

Vex Mythoclast

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:05 (3402 days ago) @ Malagate

First try on Hard Mode.

I've done it many, many times on the lower difficulty, but still haven't copped a Fatebringer or Corrective Measure; but I've snagged a couple Found Verdicts and almost two complete sets of armor, and a Vision of Confluence.

~m

Fatebringer is also a hard-mode-only drop. Corrective Measure might be hard-only too (not sure though).

Vex Mythoclast

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:06 (3402 days ago) @ Speedracer513

First try on Hard Mode.

~m

Fatebringer is also a hard-mode-only drop. Corrective Measure might be hard-only too (not sure though).

Fatebringer is, CM is not.

Vex Mythoclast

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 13:47 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I think I got mine on my 4th or 5th hard-mode completion. I've gotten it twice since then, so it doesn't appear to be too rare.

Vex Mythoclast *IMG*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:05 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Like my second or third Hard raid I got my first one.

The helmet is what dragged forever on my Warlock, to the point where I made a second one just to have a higher drop chance (I deleted it before hitting 20), but the very first time I run the Hard raid with my Titan?
[image]

And the second time...
[image]

This week, I got my third Mythoclast, though it's still sitting in the Postmaster (Free Vault space!)

Icebreakers are what I'm tired of getting. I kid you not, I've had like six of them, and I hardly use it.

Vex Mythoclast *IMG*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:46 (3402 days ago) @ Korny

Like my second or third Hard raid I got my first one.

The helmet is what dragged forever on my Warlock, to the point where I made a second one just to have a higher drop chance (I deleted it before hitting 20), but the very first time I run the Hard raid with my Titan?
[image]

And the second time...
[image]

This week, I got my third Mythoclast, though it's still sitting in the Postmaster (Free Vault space!)

Icebreakers are what I'm tired of getting. I kid you not, I've had like six of them, and I hardly use it.

I'm slowly working towards a complete set of triplicate weaponry for my guardians.

• 3 Mythoclasts
  • 3 Fatebringers
  • 3 Icebreakers
  • 3 Preadyth's Revenges
  • 2 Hard Lights
  • 2 Badgers
  • 2 Last Words
  • 2 Atheon's Epilogues

If I can score 2 more Gjallarhorns, I'll never need to swap weapons between characters ever again :)

Similar Situation

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:56 (3402 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm slowly working towards a complete set of triplicate weaponry for my guardians.

• 3 Mythoclasts
  • 3 Fatebringers
  • 3 Icebreakers
  • 3 Preadyth's Revenges
  • 2 Hard Lights
  • 2 Badgers
  • 2 Last Words
  • 2 Atheon's Epilogues

Here's my list

• 3 Thorns
  • 3 Preadyth's Revenges
  • 3 Vision of Confluence
  • 3 Atheon's Epilogues
  • 3 Corrective Measures
  • 3 MIDA Multi-Tools
  • 2 Gjallahorns
  • 2 Mythoclasts
  • 2 Fatebringers
  • 2 Icebreakers
  • 2 Suros Regimes

Vex Mythoclast

by petetheduck, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:40 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I think it was somewhere in the 5-10 range for me. I was at the point of farming the Atheon checkpoint with LFG groups.

I think the Necrochasm is the exotic for Crota's End. With the extra hassle of having to get and upgrade the Husk of the Pit, I'm hoping the material needed to get Necrochasm is a guaranteed drop for hard mode.

Vex Mythoclast

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 14:44 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

probably my 12th clear on HM was my first and then I got another a few clears later. I have had a ton of epilogues, revenges and corrective measures drop. I just shard them now as soon as I get them. I'm still hoping for another Mythoclast and Fatebringer

Vex Mythoclast

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 17:11 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I got one on my second and third hard mode attempts, but after running it a few dozen more times, it hasn't dropped again.

-Disciple

Oops

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:47 (3402 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Replied to wrong comment. Rookie mistake. Please disregard.

Post-DLC

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:50 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I don't remember when I started Hard Raiding (November?), but I didn't get a Mythoclast, Icebreaker or Gjallarhorn until after TDB dropped. Now I have 4, 3 and 3, respectively.

Also 5 Dragon's Breaths. Which I will mention at every opportunity because I find it hilarious - it's my least favourite Exotic; of course I have 5.

Vex Mythoclast

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 19:37 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

One. /Boss

Vex Mythoclast

by TheGhostBrigade, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:23 (3402 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Once, after completing it for the first time this week. Previously I had only completed VoG regular one other time.. Possibly two, I've done Crota so many times it's distorted my memory. I got Vision of Confluence and Praedyths Revenge in my previous run, both excellent guns I still use.

I'm 0 for 1

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:54 (3401 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread