DBO spam filter

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 21:45 (4126 days ago)
edited by Avateur, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 21:49

So I just made a post about ABO and I got this:

"This posting didn't pass the spam filter and won't be displayed on the index page until it's activated manually by a forum moderator or administrator."

The post is identical to this one:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1174869

Well then! :P

DBO spam filter

by GrimBrother One, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 21:59 (4126 days ago) @ Avateur

I'll check into it and see if there is anything that can be done on a more immediate timetable.

DBO spam filter

by Avateur @, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 22:01 (4126 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Thanks Grim! Frankly I can't tell who is or isn't a mod/admin around here aside from Wu and Levi right now. Do you still have mod powers at DBO?

DBO spam filter *IMG*

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 00:22 (4125 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Could you just post this image from now on?

[image]

It says it all.

-Hedge.

Looks like Griff went to Corbulo :-)

by scarab @, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 01:37 (4125 days ago) @ Hedge

But I suppose he'd be too lazy to try to be an officer.

Looks like Griff went to Corbulo :-)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 08:25 (4125 days ago) @ scarab

Grim's apart of the canon for about 20 minutes before they kill him off.

At least Beamish remains.

Ah stout Stanley Beamish, I knew him Horatio;

by scarab @, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 00:23 (4124 days ago) @ MrPadraig08
edited by scarab, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 00:27

a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?

Oh wait, he's not dead? Did space mop into a broomstick make?

When downward cast from tether's ruin, lo! Stout Stanley rose again on eldritch wings and pwned death tyro's embrace.

Ah stout Stanley Beamish, I knew him Horatio;

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 07:08 (4124 days ago) @ scarab

I just want to let you know, that was fantastic.

Thank you :-) *NM*

by scarab @, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:26 (4124 days ago) @ stabbim

DBO spam filter

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 21:59 (4126 days ago) @ Avateur

Yeah it doesn't seem to like a lot of links right now.

DBO Un-spammed (for now)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 22:56 (4125 days ago) @ Avateur

So I just made a post about ABO and I got this:

"This posting didn't pass the spam filter and won't be displayed on the index page until it's activated manually by a forum moderator or administrator."

The post is identical to this one:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1174869

Well then! :P

I've gone through and unflagged all of the messages that were auto-reported as spam (since they weren't spam) just a second ago. Sorry for the delay.

I think I know what setting is causing these over-zealous reports, but I'm not going to start throwing wrenches at the engine until the driver gets back. :)

For now, I'll just keep an eye out - hopefully when this happens, you won't have to wait long.

Heh.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 23:12 (4125 days ago) @ Leviathan

You beat me to it! I was looking through the documentation for spam settings and came back to everything fixed. :)

I'll do some more research tomorrow and see if we can change the Akismet settings without breaking anything. We might just have to keep an eye on the spam box until Claude gets back.

For now though it's bedtime. I've been up wayyyy too late trying to organize ARG participants.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread