Shout-out to the Xbox peeps - Let me in! (Recruitment)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 15:57 (3401 days ago)

I finally have my Xbox character leveled up enough to do the raids and such and realized i still didn't have very many of you on my friends list.

So I just spammed the spreadsheet and added most of you that are on there, along with many of you that I see posting here on a regular basis even if you aren't on the spreadsheet.

(At least I think I added you... Is clicking "Add Friend" all you really need to do on Xbone? Do y'all have to confirm the friend request or anything?)

I'm looking forward to playing with you all on a more regular basis. The PS4 guys can probably vouch for me that I'm fairly friendly and helpful. If I didn't add you, it was probably just an oversight, so feel free to add me! (XBL: Speedracer513)

Shout-out to the Xbox peeps - Let me in!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:27 (3401 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I think it is a one-way thing on Xbox One. You add the person, but he/she does not receive any notification for it. At all. Dunno if it is a bug, a glitch or intentional.

Anyway, I recommend using the DBO Fireteam Builder to get people hyped. :)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:44 (3401 days ago) @ ZackDark

I receive at least some activity alerts when someone adds me as a friend. but it's very low-key and I get the suspicion that if there were a lot of them that I would not receive any. Can't recall if you can see who is following you (they've friended you but you haven't friended them back)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, January 16, 2015, 08:18 (3400 days ago) @ CougRon

You can see everyone who is following here. If you're not following them back, there will be a little icon next to their gamertag that you can click on to add them as a friend.

I wish there was some way to see your shared game history, though. It would be nice to know if it was someone I ran a raid with a few weeks ago, or just someone spamming friend requests to everyone who appeared in the tower with them.

-Disciple

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 18:59 (3401 days ago) @ ZackDark

If I recall correctly Xbox live moved to a follow/friends system. When you follow someone they don't have to follow you back, but if they do then you become friends. Whether you want to be able to be followed is a preference settings I believe.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:16 (3401 days ago) @ Vortech

If I recall correctly Xbox live moved to a follow/friends system. When you follow someone they don't have to follow you back, but if they do then you become friends. Whether you want to be able to be followed is a preference settings I believe.

That is all correct.

To clarify the notification thing that others mentioned, you do get something in your "recent alerts" section which says when someone has added you. However, it doesn't pop up anything on-screen. You have to go into the "Friends" app and look to see if there are any alerts.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 06:39 (3401 days ago) @ stabbim

So if I'm understanding this, does that mean that you all will show up on my friends list (and in-game roster) but I won't necessarily show up on yours?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 07:52 (3400 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yep, until they add you back.

Sweet! Looking forward to playing with you!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 20:36 (3401 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 06:40 (3401 days ago) @ Xenos

Heh - you're actually one of the few that I have had on my friends list since before Destiny, but I never see you online!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 07:53 (3400 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Nobody ever sees Xenos online. This is what software engineers would label a "known issue."

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 16, 2015, 08:14 (3400 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I won't be as big a help to you as you've been to me on the PS4, but I'm game.

Bigarm really appreciated the help last night, BTW.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:16 (3400 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, it was fun and I think we had the right group of experienced players to be patient with the non-experienced ones.

They did well

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:12 (3400 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, it was fun and I think we had the right group of experienced players to be patient with the non-experienced ones.

Playing with first time raiders is always interesting.

-The Gate section took way longer than I'm used to
-Closest call ever on beating the templar, with everyone dying at the same time with him haha
-Fastest crossing of the chasm I think I've been on, period. Even the experienced guys miss now and then

-Finally getting the formula down with Atheon yet still dying in hilarious way.
-Watching supplicants give big arm a big, explody hug

-Playing with Orange and NOT GETTING MY GOTDANG HAWKMOON

They did well

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:22 (3400 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Sad I had to cancel, but I got my days mixed up. Forgot that Friday at 2am is Friday morning, not Friday night. Derp.

They did well

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:43 (3400 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Playing with first time raiders is always interesting.

-The Gate section took way longer than I'm used to
-Closest call ever on beating the templar, with everyone dying at the same time with him haha
-Fastest crossing of the chasm I think I've been on, period. Even the experienced guys miss now and then

-Finally getting the formula down with Atheon yet still dying in hilarious way.
-Watching supplicants give big arm a big, explody hug

-Playing with Orange and NOT GETTING MY GOTDANG HAWKMOON

Yeah, no Hawkmoon is still very disappointing to me. Even moreso though - after that normal VoG, we ran three hard modes last night (well, technically one full raid with two extra Athron checkpoints); I earned my 50th VoG conpletion last night, over half of which have been hard mode - and still no Mythoclast. CruelLegacey got his fourth. I know I'm not the only one that still doesn't have a Mythoclast, but I'm curious how many other people have beat the Vault over 50 times and still don't have one. It's getting quite depressing.

I told you....

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:01 (3400 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Stop wanting it, and then you'll be drowning in them.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread