Calling all 32s, Crota Hard mode wed (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 20:12 (3401 days ago)

Calling all 32s, Crota Hard mode wed

by Avateur @, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:03 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do you run multiple characters, or just one? I can't get to 32 because I'm not on enough to have Eris up to level 4 yet, and the Raid only pays out Radiant Energy to me. I have all the armor I need but can't get it anywhere I need it to go. Pete's the only person in my usual group who's up to 32, and that's because he was running something like over 9000 characters. I think he's down to one or two now. Is it even possible to be a 32 yet with a single character running the Raid once a week and potentially having Eris at level 4? Or does the RNG seriously need to favor you?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:08 (3401 days ago) @ Avateur

I have 3 differently-classed characters, one at 32, and another with the armour to get there but without the radiant mats. I've run the raid as much as possible sans week 1.

This raid seems MUCH more generous with doling out armour, but RNG still plays a factor.

me too! (kinda)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, January 16, 2015, 08:42 (3401 days ago) @ CyberKN

I have 2 characters with all the gear they need to be 32 excepting mats & Eris (1/4 the way thru rank 2 taking sooo long).

Seems similar for me so far...

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:19 (3401 days ago) @ dogcow

I've gotten light of the abyss x2, deathsinger's mantle (warlock chest), and light in the abyss (ship). Oh, and a metric f-ton of radiant materials. I haven't run it as much as many here though, so maybe it will get better. If I can continue to find a group for the normal raid after next week. heh.

Dangit, now I'm a little tempted to run a bunch of IB for the gloves.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 15, 2015, 21:09 (3401 days ago) @ Avateur

Do you run multiple characters, or just one? I can't get to 32 because I'm not on enough to have Eris up to level 4 yet, and the Raid only pays out Radiant Energy to me. I have all the armor I need but can't get it anywhere I need it to go. Pete's the only person in my usual group who's up to 32, and that's because he was running something like over 9000 characters. I think he's down to one or two now. Is it even possible to be a 32 yet with a single character running the Raid once a week and potentially having Eris at level 4? Or does the RNG seriously need to favor you?

3 hunters. 3x a week. I hit 32 a few weeks ago.

3 Hunters?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 06:43 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How dreadfully exciting that must be :/

3 Hunters?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 09:12 (3401 days ago) @ someotherguy

How dreadfully exciting that must be :/

I would kill myself if I had to grind for shit on 3 different classes.

3 Hunters?

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:41 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's why I do one character only. I may want to try out another character one day, but I'm largely resisting because I feel like Bungie wants me to do this to spend more time and effort getting things that they've purposely made ridiculous to get. I still can't believe that Crota is the only way to get Radiant material without grinding out bounties that are largely repetitive and not enjoyable to get an NPC to level 4, only to have to exchange some Radiant materials for others.

So yeah, disappointing, but I'll get there eventually. Or not. New DLC will probably wipe out any and all need for my current armor or Radiant materials anyway based on the last DLC, right?

3 Hunters?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:42 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Pre-DLC, I'd totally agree with you, but it's been much less painful getting raid gear this time around. Everyone in my clan runs one of each, and I think all but one has 2 32s, and half of us have 3.

Edit: Have the gear at least. Don think I'll actually have enough mats til next week.

3 Hunters?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:25 (3401 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know what you mean, but part of the reason I enjoy having multiple characters is because each one plays differently and has different gear with, therefore, different strategies I can use. i'm certainly not judging any of you who create clones, but I've often wondered why that doesn't get painfully repetitive for you.

by petetheduck, Friday, January 16, 2015, 08:12 (3401 days ago) @ Avateur

You'd need a minimum of 63 Radiant Shards to hit 32 (3 Crota's End Raid gear + 1 Exotic). If you got nothing but 2 Radiant Shards for each of the 5 drops in Crota's End, that would be 10 per week, and Crota's End has been out for, what, 6 weeks?

It *might* be possible to be 32 with one character with Eris rank 4, dismantling Raid weapons for Radiant Energy and converting them to Radiant Shards--but it would require extreme fortune in the drops.

I did briefly run 3 characters, but when I went down to just my Warlock and Titan, I moved all Radiant Shards my Titan got to my Warlock, along with dismantling my extra Warlock's Raid gear. I really enjoy having 2 characters. Just do me a favor--if I ever roll a third character again, slap me.

With Xur selling Obsidian Mind this week, I'd encourage you to buy it and roll a Warlock.

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:45 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

You'd need a minimum of 63 Radiant Shards to hit 32 (3 Crota's End Raid gear + 1 Exotic). If you got nothing but 2 Radiant Shards for each of the 5 drops in Crota's End, that would be 10 per week, and Crota's End has been out for, what, 6 weeks?

Yuck.

It *might* be possible to be 32 with one character with Eris rank 4, dismantling Raid weapons for Radiant Energy and converting them to Radiant Shards--but it would require extreme fortune in the drops.

The Raid has barely paid out any weapons, and it's only given me the armor I need once. No duplicates. It mostly only gives me Radiant Energy, which I seriously don't need right now.

I did briefly run 3 characters, but when I went down to just my Warlock and Titan, I moved all Radiant Shards my Titan got to my Warlock, along with dismantling my extra Warlock's Raid gear. I really enjoy having 2 characters. Just do me a favor--if I ever roll a third character again, slap me.

Will do.

With Xur selling Obsidian Mind this week, I'd encourage you to buy it and roll a Warlock.

EDIT: Apparently RNG already gave me Obsidian Mind a while back. I have one sitting in storage along with another Exotic Warlock helmet. Go figure. I'm not starting another character any time soon, at least not while Bungie makes it impossible for me to get my main character where I want it to be.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:23 (3401 days ago) @ Avateur

Running 2 at raid level. I have a 31 that has all the do but needs shards. I don't thi I will make it to 32 before Tuesday (need 28 I think).

But I'm willing to try. If anyone is trying to shard up Saturday night or later I have a couple of guardians to put through still this week cause I missed the earlier Crota raids.

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:35 (3401 days ago) @ Vortech

Running 2 at raid level. I have a 31 that has all the do but needs shards. I don't thi I will make it to 32 before Tuesday (need 28 I think).

But I'm willing to try. If anyone is trying to shard up Saturday night or later I have a couple of guardians to put through still this week cause I missed the earlier Crota raids.

Haha good luck and have fun. I went and grabbed the first Crota chest a bit ago and it actually gave me some Shards. And Eris is now 25% done on level 3. I actually have enough Energy to convert over to Shards once I get to that level 4, so that'll be cool. I figure probably another week or two and I'll get to that 32, hopefully.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread