Upgrade SoDA or buy Obsidian Mind? (Destiny)

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, January 16, 2015, 01:41 (3401 days ago)

- No text -

Upgrade SoDA or buy Obsidian Mind?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 01:57 (3401 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

I'd buy Obsidian Mind. SoDA has more of a limited use that doesn't greatly benefit you outside of specific scenarious. Obsidian Mind can wreck all over.

I just bought an Obsidian Mind for my Alt

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, January 16, 2015, 06:59 (3401 days ago) @ Korny

It's my go to Voidwalker exotic now.

Upgrade SoDA or buy Obsidian Mind?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 07:22 (3401 days ago) @ Korny

I'd agree. Having used both, I get more out of Obsidian Mind. I wish it LOOKED like SoDA though.

Obsidian Mind

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 07:59 (3401 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

it's possible to have an instantaneous recharge on your super if you kill enough enemies with it ("we've woken the hive).

when farming glimmer on exclusion zone, i will super the left-hand group of yellows that jump out of the dropship, and have my super charged back up by the time i mop of the right hand group with my weapons.

Not to mention Bad Juju

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 16, 2015, 08:09 (3401 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Even when I only generate 2 orbs with the Nova Bomb, I still fill it back up in no time. Before I got Obsidian Mind from the last time Xur sold engrams, I thought I'd never play as Voidwalker again. Now? I don't ever want to switch back.

Not to mention Bad Juju

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:21 (3401 days ago) @ ZackDark

I used to play almost exclusively as a Sunsinger, but between Obsidian Mind and the re-worked Bad Juju, Voidwalker is now generally my go-to build unless I need self-res or orb generation.

Not to mention Bad Juju

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 15:25 (3400 days ago) @ stabbim

I used to play almost exclusively as a Sunsinger, but between Obsidian Mind and the re-worked Bad Juju, Voidwalker is now generally my go-to build unless I need self-res or orb generation.

I finally got another pair of Raid gauntlets that let me drop orbs on (Hive) grenade kills. Combined with the Sunburst grenades, I'm pretty set regardless of which subclass I play. But yeah, once you get used to one class, you never want to go back to the other... until you do, and repeat the cycle.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread