Guess I have to ditch iron banner (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:31 (3400 days ago)

I wanted to play some iron banner and maybe get and roll some good perks on weapons. I can;t anymore. Do you know why? BECAUSE XUR ISN'T SELLING HEAVY AMMO. I have 100 glimmer and no ammo packs. I was hoping to stock up for the Hard mode raid today with coins, then continue Iron Banner. NOPE.

Because glimmer is so fucking hard and boring to get, I now have to go get glimmer to buy ammo packs if I want to conceivably do the raid. No time for iron banner.

This is fucking bullshit, and this is the type of shit that makes this game so frustrating and awful.

Guess I have to ditch iron banner

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:46 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You are too much. Holy shit, I can't stop laughing.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:49 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know this is likely not going to sit well with you since you are rather upset about this, but I have to disagree with your rant entirely. The dilemma you face is one fundamental to any economic system: the handling of assets. As in all economies, not all assets are worth the same, not all assets are easily liquidated, not all resources will be easily, readily or always available. AND true of all economic systems, you are responsible for how you handle your assets within the system.

Now, while tedious, the ability to earn glimmer is equal to all people in Destiny. This, combined with the glimmer cap, actually reduces glimmer disparity among the entire Destiny population, which is itself a good thing. This means there are less forces impinging your ability to gain economic status, while also keeping others from greatly outpacing you, eventually leading to inflation and greater wealth disparity.

It seems to me, and probably most people who will read your post, that you just mishandled your glimmer and have to face the consequences of that action. You took a risk banking on an uncertain market and it didn't work out for you, i.e. you hoped Xur would sell heavy ammo synths a second week in a row and the supply isn't there. People take financial risks all the time. Sorry there's no government/Destiny bailout to help you.

So.... grow up. This definitely isn't a game flaw, it's a financial management flaw. And that's all on you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:51 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:55

So.... grow up. This definitely isn't a game flaw, it's a financial management flaw. And that's all on you.

Up until recently Xur has had heavy ammo every week. EVERY WEEK. Now, suddenly when he stops, I'm at fault for expecting it to be there? So if I have to mail in an important bill, but this week the post office just decides to close on a whim, I'm at fault for not paying electronically?

I know for a fact he doesn't have it this week to keep people from doing what I want to do. Because heaven-for-fucking-bid I just want to play the god damn game and have fun.

This is a game dude, I don't want to deal with this shit and shouldn't have to. You grow up. It's not okay to waste my time.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:55 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by someotherguy, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:01

Up until recently Xur has had heavy ammo every week. EVERY WEEK. Now, suddenly when he stops, I'm at fault for expecting it to be there? So if I have to mail in an important bill, but this week the post office just decides to close on a whim, I'm at fault for not paying electronically?

Except we all know Xur doesn't always carry Heavy Synth any more. The first time the post office closes you can complain. The second time you know it's not reliable. By now you should know better. Than to bank on it.

Besides, you mean to tell me you only have 100 glimmer and no Heavy Synth? How?!

EDIT: it only takes an hour to hit glimmer cap. How much heavy do you want? 50? 100?

The grind is definitely boring, and there ought to be a better way, but you could totally do it on Tuesday. No need to miss out on IB

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:00 (3400 days ago) @ someotherguy

Except we all know Xur doesn't always carry Heavy Synth any more. The first time the post office closes you can complain. The second time you know it's not reliable. By now you should know better. Than to bank on it.

Besides, you mean to tell me you only have 100 glimmer and no Heavy Synth? How?!

Well, I was upgrading new weapons so all my glimmer went away. I don't farm glimmer because it sucks, so I am always under 10K. I think I bought 10 synth from Xur last time he sold it, and that lasted me this long. I was hoping to stock up again, this time big time since I have 100+ coins, since he had nothing to buy these past few weeks. Truth be told I don't need any heavy synth for Crota normal, but I imagine learning hard it would be very useful.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:05 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Im the same. Hate glimmer farming. But sometimes it needs to be done. Presumably you were gonna farm for IB gear anyway?

Dont get me wrong - its super annoying that he's not selling any. But it's not unprecedented, and it's hardly game-ruining.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:13 (3400 days ago) @ someotherguy

Im the same. Hate glimmer farming. But sometimes it needs to be done. Presumably you were gonna farm for IB gear anyway?

Dont get me wrong - its super annoying that he's not selling any. But it's not unprecedented, and it's hardly game-ruining.

Look at it from my perspective. It just ruined today for me. Instead of having fun in the crucible, I have to play strikes over and over. Do you think that's fun? Do you think I wanted to do that today?

At this point I'm so pissed off at all the shit this game pulls and time it makes me waste, I'm just going to go do other stuff today. I am sure I can get enough packs Tuesday or wednesday.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:25 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Look at it from my perspective. It just ruined today for me. Instead of having fun in the crucible, I have to play strikes over and over. Do you think that's fun? Do you think I wanted to do that today?

The irony of being privileged enough to play a video game all day and bitching about not having everything handed to you when you were the economically irresponsible one is so deliciously hilarious that I might have to skip lunch. I'm quite full.

:: golf claps ::

by RevDotNed, B'creek, Ohio, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:35 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

I like this guy. He knows what's up...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:20 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by Korny, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:24

The irony of being privileged enough to play a video game all day and bitching about not having everything handed to you when you were the economically irresponsible one is so deliciously hilarious that I might have to skip lunch. I'm quite full.

Here's the thing, Cody:

-This is like the fifth or sixth week that Xûr hasn't sold heavy ammo synths since launch. I would know. I make the dang posts, and I stock up every time in case he doesn't have them the week after. It's never been a guarantee, so it's entirely your fault for expecting it to be.

-If you don't want to take the 20 minutes to get 15,000 glimmer based on principle alone, that's entirely your fault too. YOU are deciding to keep yourself broke. I farmed for the first time last night just to use up the Network key that my Hunter had (though I ended up with more), and I didn't feel like Bungie targeted me to destroy my time and self-respect. You're okay with taking two hours on a five minute segment "because it's fun" to wipe over and over, but God forbid ten minutes of your time is wasted on farming glimmer.

-You think that just because Xur's not selling heavy, you have to drop all of your plans TODAY to farm for glimmer slowly? That's entirely your fault. You could continue on Iron Banner and worry about farming on Monday or Tuesday.

-You mismanaged your finances. You wasted your money leveling weapons and gear that you likely won't use (aren't you always running your mouth about how Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and such make everything else obsolete?) That's all your fault.

I ended up with 48 glimmer yesterday just because I bought the Iron Banner chest that I like, and yet twenty minutes later, I had more money than what I started with, even though I wasn't planning on buying anything. Seems like I know how to avoid wasting my time...

+2

by petetheduck, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:26 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

You realize that, due to inflation, your +2 was really a +1?

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:29 (3400 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:39 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?

-2 *NM*

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:42 (3400 days ago) @ bluerunner

I figure that with the way inflation has destroyed the + market that the -2 has to be worth something fierce.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:43 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

by petetheduck, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:43 (3400 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

How the duck am I supposed to get a racecar when + isn't worth @

In this version, only hope dies.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:45 (3400 days ago) @ bluerunner

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:07 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

-You mismanaged your finances. You wasted your money leveling weapons and gear that you likely won't use (aren't you always running your mouth about how Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and such make everything else obsolete?) That's all your fault.

Black hammer was what I was leveling :-/

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:32 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

Epic bro!

I tip my fedora to you you sure showed Cody.

I see intellect is your blade and logic your steed.....

Strikes?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:26 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are you choosing not to Exclusion Zone on principle? Because you're really just making it worse for yourself.

Go grind Exclusion Zone for 1 hour. Hit the cap. Carry on with IB. Buy what you want. Re-grind Exclusion zone on Tueaday for Synth.

It'll feel like selling out, but you're saving time in the long run, which you can spend playing Crucible instead.

Strikes?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:09 (3400 days ago) @ someotherguy

Go grind Exclusion Zone for 1 hour. Hit the cap. Carry on with IB. Buy what you want. Re-grind Exclusion zone on Tueaday for Synth.

Do you know how MIND NUMBINGLY BORING exclusion zone farming is? It's literally like watching a clock tick. A game should not require or encourage that type of thing.

Re MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING...

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:17 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do you hate patrol also? I hate it even more than exclusion zone. Thank goodness for the marks->mats conversion and daily mats rewards!

Strikes?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:18 (3400 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Do you hate patrol also? I hate it even more than exclusion zone. Thank goodness for the marks->mats conversion and daily mats rewards!

Yeah, this is welcome. I'm never out of materials anymore since my 2 other characters get marks via the nightfall and heroic, and can just funnel those marks into materials.

Strikes?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 19:37 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I know exactly how mind-numbing it is.

I also know that one hour of mind-numbing farming will earn me as much glimmer as 3+ hours of similarly painful Roc Strikes. Then I can go do stuff I enjoy for the remaining 2 hours.

If the game had a glimmer wall...

by scarab @, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 01:32 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

just a wall, that you shoot, and it doesn't dodge or shoot back...

and five minutes of shooting it would give you the glimmer you need...

would you do it?

And if you worked out that you get x glimmer per shot and attack or impact didn't matter and you found that the highest rate of fire auto-rifle could do it in 2 minutes...

would you use it?

Hahah!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 10:38 (3399 days ago) @ scarab

And if you worked out that you get x glimmer per shot and attack or impact didn't matter and you found that the highest rate of fire auto-rifle could do it in 2 minutes...

would you use it?

I told everyone Doctor Nope was best!

SUPERGOODADVICE NOW BEST EXOTIC

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:08 (3396 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Are you not hoarding your glimmer consumables\rewards?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:35 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Revenant1988, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:39

My Vault currently has about 40+ Silken Codexs, 20+ House Banners, and less axiomatic beads\network keys but still in the double digits.

I get them, I vault them. I save them for a rainy day. It's helped me out more than once for those unplanned droughts etc.

I treat my vault like a bank.

Everything in Destiny is Random.

You know this.

You can't plan\assume things are going to be the same week to week!

Are you not hoarding your glimmer consumables\rewards?

by Raflection, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:53 (3400 days ago) @ Revenant1988

My Vault currently has about 40+ Silken Codexs, 20+ House Banners, and less axiomatic beads\network keys but still in the double digits.

I get them, I vault them. I save them for a rainy day. It's helped me out more than once for those unplanned droughts etc.

I treat my vault like a bank.

Everything in Destiny is Random.

You know this.

You can't plan\assume things are going to be the same week to week!

^This is EXACTLY how the vault and consumables should be used. :highfive: for clever gaming, glad I'm not the only person who does this.

Also; You get glimmer rewards for winning IB games, so.. Just play IB increase your rank + glimmer + exp on weps + faction standing (if you still get faction + IB ranks) all at the same time.

Also, also; I'm at 25k glimmer ATM. Farming exclusion zone will make you 4k per 10 mins if you do it right.
I agree with the others here Cody, go farm, get glimmer, carry on with IB.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:46 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

I know this is likely not going to sit well with you since you are rather upset about this, but I have to disagree with your rant entirely. The dilemma you face is one fundamental to any economic system

Gonna stop you right there. Shut the fuck up.

Why?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:48 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

The rest of the argument (while possibly a bit purple) is relatively sound.

Why?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:53 (3400 days ago) @ someotherguy

No, it's all crap, and here's why: we're talking about a game, and this person is talking down to Cody like some kind of stuffy, bootlicking slave to the system giving a lesson in economics 101.

There's a lot of crap in Destiny, and Cody is damn good at pointing it out.

Then this sentence actually happens:

"This definitely isn't a game flaw, it's a financial management flaw. And that's all on you."

For fucks sake. How is this defensible at all, unless you're someone that's commodified EVERYTHING and has little to no human soul left?

And yeah, I'm taking the piss here a bit, because it's that absurd.

+2

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:06 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

I take your +2 and raise you a +3

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:12 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

+4

by petetheduck, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:12 (3400 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

We're creating inflation in the + market

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:13 (3400 days ago) @ petetheduck

Financial +ing consequences will never be the same. And that's all on you and Unreal.

SELL SELL SELL

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:14 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

How much can I get for one of these?

by Quirel, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 02:44 (3400 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

[image]

all I got is a bunch of "-1th" lying around.

by LostSpartan, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 07:41 (3399 days ago) @ Quirel

- No text -

Why?

by nash, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:18 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

No, it's all crap, and here's why: we're talking about a game

A game with an economy.

I don't see how it being a game matters; you still have to weigh the risks, make a choice, and live with the consequences.

Cody may have considered Xur not selling heavy ammo a low risk, but that's still a risk, and those things happen.

Why?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:31 (3400 days ago) @ nash

No, it's all crap, and here's why: we're talking about a game

A game with an economy.

Yup. An economy that doesn't primary provide value, mostly lizard brain motivation to play stuff you wouldn't play otherwise.

Why?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:14 (3400 days ago) @ nash

I don't see how it being a game matters; you still have to weigh the risks, make a choice, and live with the consequences.

This is not like a shmup where you go through the hard bullet patterns without using your bomb in an effort to keep your multiplier up. That's a risk, and if it pays off you keep your multiplier high and get more points, and thus more extra lives. If it doesn't and you die, that's entirely on you. So do you play it safe and bomb, or risk it and not?

Those are the types of risk decisions we should be making in video games. Anything else is just a casino.

Commodify All The Things!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:26 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

No, it's all crap, and here's why: we're talking about a game, and this person is talking down to Cody like some kind of stuffy, bootlicking slave to the system giving a lesson in economics 101.

"This definitely isn't a game flaw, it's a financial management flaw. And that's all on you."

For fucks sake. How is this defensible at all, unless you're someone that's commodified EVERYTHING and has little to no human soul left?

You do realize you haven't made an argument here. You've insulted me, established that Destiny is a game, but games and economies aren't mutually exclusive categories (in fact most games require economies of some sort) and you made no argument why they should be. There's no substance here.

My arguments are defensible because it is an economy. We are literally talking about the currency of the game, a tool with which to fairly exchange the value of goods and services. How is this not economics 101? Every player in this game is responsible for handling their own assets. Bungie doesn't steal your glimmer each month because you store it with them like a bank charges you checking account fees. They don't pay out interest for having it stored in their system. No other outside agent or force modifies the amount of glimmer you have other than your choices. So, logically, this entails that full financial responsibility befalls the player, and thus any shortage of glimmer or other resources also falls on the player.

As for commodifying everything, I'm not sure how that makes me soulless, as I'm not the one doing the commodifying. Commodities exist and are ubiquitous in Destiny. Pointing out that they exist and there's an in-game economy doesn't make me soulless.

by nash, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:37 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

As for commodifying everything, I'm not sure how that makes me soulless

Clearly, SoMP has an inside source saying you've commodified your soul to the Devil!
=)

by ckamp, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:45 (3400 days ago) @ nash

Clearly, SoMP has an inside source saying you've commodified your soul to the Devil!
=)

He would know.

Well played!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:50 (3400 days ago) @ ckamp

- No text -

You're close; I've got better style.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:13 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

[image]

You're close; I've got better style.

by ckamp, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:06 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Off with the horns, on with the show....

<3

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:36 (3400 days ago) @ ckamp

- No text -

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:16 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

You do realize you haven't made an argument here. You've insulted me, established that Destiny is a game, but games and economies aren't mutually exclusive categories (in fact most games require economies of some sort) and you made no argument why they should be. There's no substance here.

Yup. That's right.

My arguments are defensible because it is an economy. We are literally talking about the currency of the game, a tool with which to fairly exchange the value of goods and services. How is this not economics 101? Every player in this game is responsible for handling their own assets. Bungie doesn't steal your glimmer each month because you store it with them like a bank charges you checking account fees. They don't pay out interest for having it stored in their system. No other outside agent or force modifies the amount of glimmer you have other than your choices. So, logically, this entails that full financial responsibility befalls the player, and thus any shortage of glimmer or other resources also falls on the player.

It disgusts me these systems are part of the game; perhaps your... highlighting? explanation of it? revealed some cognitive dissonance I've been carrying around.

As for commodifying everything, I'm not sure how that makes me soulless, as I'm not the one doing the commodifying. Commodities exist and are ubiquitous in Destiny. Pointing out that they exist and there's an in-game economy doesn't make me soulless.

Fair enough.

Thank you.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:25 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I feel like that was very humble and big of you. Kudos to you, good sir!

Why?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:39 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Because it's the truth. Cody has played a good bit more than me and yet he can't buy ammo synths and I can. Why? Because he spent his glimmer on other things. He knew at least a week ago, via weekly update, that the date of Crota's End Hard Mode would be announced along with the anti-cheese patch. He knew far in advance of that that Hard Mode would begin sometime around now and yet wasn't prepared. Even if the game's economy isn't the best he still had plenty of time to prepare... and didn't.

Look, just playing the game and not buying anything significant would have gotten him ~10,000 glimmer. I know this because that's excatly what I did... I was in the hundreds of glimmer a week ago and I didn't even play very much to get where I am now!

No it's not. What's absurd is telling people who made good points to "shut the fuck up" without even bothering to explain yourself. Perhaps you should take your own advice. Someone had to ask you why which is absurd given your harsh language. What we need here is civility and calm, not whatever it was that you brought to the table...

Why?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:02 (3400 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I took Kerm's rebuke, and I'm stepping back. I've discovered what really bothered me, but will talk about it later.

Why?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 17:07 (3400 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Because it's the truth. Cody has played a good bit more than me and yet he can't buy ammo synths and I can. Why? Because he spent his glimmer on other things. He knew at least a week ago, via weekly update, that the date of Crota's End Hard Mode would be announced along with the anti-cheese patch. He knew far in advance of that that Hard Mode would begin sometime around now and yet wasn't prepared. Even if the game's economy isn't the best he still had plenty of time to prepare... and didn't.

Look, just playing the game and not buying anything significant would have gotten him ~10,000 glimmer. I know this because that's excatly what I did... I was in the hundreds of glimmer a week ago and I didn't even play very much to get where I am now!

The issue is that PREPARING IS SUPER FUCKING BORING. If preparing meant spending 20 seconds buying ammo with coins, then that would be fine. But now preparing means glimmer farming.

I'm bored with everything in the game but raids and nightfalls. The raid gives no glimmer. Nightfalls don't give a lot even with your consumables on. Crucible is notoriously poor in the rewards department.

So what am I supposed to do to prepare that isn't either too easy to be stimulating, or mind numbingly boring and repetitive?

Why?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 18:49 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The issue is that PREPARING IS SUPER FUCKING BORING. If preparing meant spending 20 seconds buying ammo with coins, then that would be fine. But now preparing means glimmer farming.

Uh huh. And how do you get coins? By doing the things you say you are bored with. There is no way you can spend just 20 seconds to do what you want. It takes a lot of time to amass strange coins just like it takes time to amass glimmer. If you weren't out of Glimmer you would just find something else to complain about. You're almost vindictive about it at this point. 'Course the thing is I don't think you hate Destiny as much as you claim. You just like to complain. If you were half serious about all your complaints you'd have moved on to a new game by now!

So what am I supposed to do to prepare that isn't either too easy to be stimulating, or mind numbingly boring and repetitive?

Determin your weapon set well ahead of time and stop spending. Stock up on heavy weapon synths before the "last minute" appearance of Xur... You should have already have been ready! And, certainly don't upgrade weapons you don't need the week before the raid.

Why?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 16, 2015, 19:48 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The issue is that PREPARING IS SUPER FUCKING BORING. If preparing meant spending 20 seconds buying ammo with coins, then that would be fine.

This is exactly what preparing meant. Last week when you knew Xur had synth. Arent you always going on about how many coins you have?

Distinguishing between criticism and misrepresenting reality

by ckamp, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:00 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It looks like people are approaching this from different views. Cody and Macphisto are suggesting that the economic systems in place aren't good for the game. That might be right. I'm not convinced one way or the other.

Beardfade is looking at the system as it exists and saying that Cody should have known better. The system wasn't hiding anything from him. I don't hear Beardfade arguing that the economy is the bestest thing ever. I do hear him saying: think!

I agree. I value Cody's contributions to this board, but he is often wrong about a lot of things in my opinion and his post was begging to be deconstructed. It isn't that Cody shouldn't criticize the game. It is that he shouldn't pretend that the game was behaving deceptively when the outcomes were clearly under his control. He was opportunistically using this scenario to highlight a pet peeve of his. Fair. But he didn't frame it that way. Instead, he framed it as though he had to rearrange his life because Bungie somehow swindled him. That isn't true and Beardfade called him on it.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:10 (3400 days ago) @ ckamp

It looks like people are approaching this from different views. Cody and Macphisto are suggesting that the economic systems in place aren't good for the game. That might be right. I'm not convinced one way or the other.

Beardfade is looking at the system as it exists and saying that Cody should have known better. The system wasn't hiding anything from him. I don't hear Beardfade arguing that the economy is the bestest thing ever. I do hear him saying: think!

I agree. I value Cody's contributions to this board, but he is often wrong about a lot of things in my opinion and his post was begging to be deconstructed. It isn't that Cody shouldn't criticize the game. It is that he shouldn't pretend that the game was behaving deceptively when the outcomes were clearly under his control. He was opportunistically using this scenario to highlight a pet peeve of his. Fair. But he didn't frame it that way. Instead, he framed it as though he had to rearrange his life because Bungie somehow swindled him. That isn't true and Beardfade called him on it.

Good post.

FWIW, I think I'm with Cody a bit: there's stuff with Bungie and Destiny that we really really love, and we're fans, so the stuff we hate grinds our gears harder than it otherwise might. The "economics" built into this game just kills me, because that's such a devaluation of the stuff really worth living for.

Beardfade's post struck me as hardcore Sea Lioning in both tone and content. Not excusing my reaction, but there it is.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:24 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

That's a pretty funny comic actually. I wasn't trying to be a a sea lion, but I won't shy away from pointing out a flaw in an argument when I see one. I do apologize if it was more condescending than it should have been, but as ckamp pointed out, the way Cody phrased his original post begged someone to call him out on it.

Let's try this again?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:41 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

*SonofMacPhisto waves at BeardFade*

I'll try to read you more charitably going forward.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:28 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Ha! That comic is hilarious. Something good came out of this thread.

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:32 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

That comic is hilarious! Where do you find these things?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:38 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

Twitter. :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:35 (3400 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

[image]

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:48 (3400 days ago) @ Kermit

I guess I'm a little sorry.

EDIT: Nah, rebuke received.

How is Destiny's system an economy if there is no trade?

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:30 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

Also you sound like a prick.

Economics. I do not think it means what you think it means.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 12:39 (3400 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

There is very much an economy between your resources and the game's vendors. Some charge more than others; Eris scams you for Heavy Synths, and Banshee requires some pricey glimmer exchange, while Xûr has the best deal, but his sales are never guaranteed, and he requires a resource that you might want to use on other things.

The player is given options, all depending on availability, and what resources he has on-hand. That sounds very much like an economy to me.

Cody is mad because he demands that Xûr have an item in stock, despite it never being a guarantee. He's the bob-cut woman in the supermarket demanding to see the manager because they're out of his favorite brand.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:16 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

Cody is mad because he demands that Xûr have an item in stock, despite it never being a guarantee. He's the bob-cut woman in the supermarket demanding to see the manager because they're out of his favorite brand.

Not exactly. I am mad because it not being there means that I have to grind for glimmer, and that is spectacularly not fun. I am mad because Destiny is DESIGNED TO WASTE YOUR TIME. What's worse, is that it encourages mindless farming!

Time sinks

by nico, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:23 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Not exactly. I am mad because it not being there means that I have to grind for glimmer, and that is spectacularly not fun. I am mad because Destiny is DESIGNED TO WASTE YOUR TIME. What's worse, is that it encourages mindless farming!

If you enjoy the game, they're not time sinks.

Time sinks

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:25 (3400 days ago) @ nico

That's inherently false. I enjoy the game quite a bit, and this game is masterful at wasting my time and just about everyone else's.

Time sinks

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:37 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

That's inherently false. I enjoy the game quite a bit, and this game is masterful at wasting my time and just about everyone else's.

Really? Are we back to Cody's "if you're playing a video game instead of doing something productive, you're wasting your time" argument?

Because if we're not, I'd thank you not to speak for others. (You certainly don't speak for me, and it's pretty clear you don't speak for nico, either.)

The time I choose to devote to playing Destiny is rarely wasted; I play because I like playing. I rarely farm (in the sense Cody's talking about) - there are times I choose to simply patrol, but it's because I like it. If I didn't, I would play something else.

There have been weeks I haven't had enough coins to buy whatever's cool from Xur, and it's made me sad - but it hasn't changed the way I play the game.

From talking to others, I know I'm not alone.

This forum (and really ANY forum devoted to this game, or any game) tends to attract power players - just this morning I read a couple of posts from people who have 2-3 of almost every high-level exotic in the game. I KNOW that the vast majority of players don't have ANY of those - much less multiple copies... so when you let your opinion of how the game should be be swayed by what you hear on a forum, you're not really getting a true picture of the player base. I think that's true here, too.

Time sinks

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:00 (3400 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Avateur, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:23

Really? Are we back to Cody's "if you're playing a video game instead of doing something productive, you're wasting your time" argument?

Nope. First of all, I have no idea what you're talking about. Second, Cody speaks for himself, not me.

Because if we're not, I'd thank you not to speak for others. (You certainly don't speak for me, and it's pretty clear you don't speak for nico, either.)

The time I choose to devote to playing Destiny is rarely wasted; I play because I like playing. I rarely farm (in the sense Cody's talking about) - there are times I choose to simply patrol, but it's because I like it. If I didn't, I would play something else.

You're projecting whatever it is that Cody said at some point onto me, and that's great and all, but I never once implied that just playing the game as a video game was a waste of time. And why would I use Destiny as that argument? We both could think of some other video games that I'd much rather use as an example for that.

Moving on, I said that the game itself was masterful at wasting peoples' time. It's not black and white (as if to imply just the mere act of playing the game is a waste), as indicated by my saying that his premise was inherently false. I said I enjoy the game quite a bit, and I can enjoy the game plenty, yet the game is still great at wasting my and others' time. For example, the ability to skip cutscenes that doesn't exist. You also have every right to disagree with that example. Still wastes peoples' time.

There have been weeks I haven't had enough coins to buy whatever's cool from Xur, and it's made me sad - but it hasn't changed the way I play the game.

From talking to others, I know I'm not alone.

So? I run a single character. Clearly my lack of getting whatever hasn't led me to run multiple characters. Apparently we're in agreement.

This forum (and really ANY forum devoted to this game, or any game) tends to attract power players - just this morning I read a couple of posts from people who have 2-3 of almost every high-level exotic in the game. I KNOW that the vast majority of players don't have ANY of those - much less multiple copies... so when you let your opinion of how the game should be be swayed by what you hear on a forum, you're not really getting a true picture of the player base. I think that's true here, too.

Agreed, though I don't see how that matters beyond whatever thing Cody said at one point that you're going on about. The only reason I said his thing was inherently false was because the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can enjoy the game and still find many parts of the game that waste your time personally or outright, and that's for all individuals. As a matter of fact, all video games generally waste everyone's time in some way, shape, or form. Hence why it's inherently false to claim that something doesn't waste your time just because you enjoy it. But we can agree to disagree. It's still just my opinion, regardless of whatever Cody thing you're talking about.

Time sinks

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:58 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

As a matter of fact, all video games generally waste everyone's time in some way, shape, or form. Hence why it's inherently false to claim that something doesn't waste your time just because you enjoy it. But we can agree to disagree. It's still just my opinion, regardless of whatever Cody thing you're talking about.

'Inherently false' and 'opinion' cannot (by normal english usage of those words) be the same thing, if they're not in agreement. :)

If you meant to say to nico that you didn't agree with his premise, I'll step ouf of this discussion - because that's completely your right.

If you're arguing that his premise is 'inherently false', I'd say you're wrong - and because of the words you chose to use, I simply have to find a single counter-example to PROVE you're wrong.

Words mean things, sir.

Time sinks

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:24 (3400 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Avateur, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:28

I didn't know it was that important to you to prove me wrong. I don't think this is really about words.

Edit: No need for you to step out of this discussion, I'll do that instead.

Time sinks

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:41 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

I didn't know it was that important to you to prove me wrong. I don't think this is really about words.

It's not important to me to prove you wrong. It's important to me that you see that words are important; if you go back through the last several dozen posts where I've taken issue with something you've said, you'll see that the vast majority of time, it's about the words you use. You don't really care - or you'd have noticed that by now, it's been years - but I do.

Many people use hyperbole on the internet. Few use it as consistently (or as annoyingly, to me) as you do. I guess even if you noticed that, it would require that my opinion mattered for you to do anything about it - but you're a frequent poster on boards that I manage, and hyperbole has the ability to start fights, so I do my best to suggest to people that they tone it down, at least around here. Most people seem to respect that - we have less of it here than most places like here. But you... you have never even acknowledged that you do it, much less that you're willing to moderate it.

I guess that makes me sad.

Time sinks

by Avateur @, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:50 (3400 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Many people use hyperbole on the internet. Few use it as consistently (or as annoyingly, to me) as you do. I guess even if you noticed that, it would require that my opinion mattered for you to do anything about it - but you're a frequent poster on boards that I manage, and hyperbole has the ability to start fights, so I do my best to suggest to people that they tone it down, at least around here. Most people seem to respect that - we have less of it here than most places like here. But you... you have never even acknowledged that you do it, much less that you're willing to moderate it.

I have acknowledged it and I have moderated it. Well, at DBO anyway. And for you to not acknowledge that my posts actually do lack hyperbole in general, well, I guess that makes me sad.

Also, it's funny to me that this instance of hyperbole (the first in quite some time here, actually!) led you to reply as opposed to, I dunno, all the other fun stuff going on in this thread that I think was far more... pressing and likely to turn bad. Like I said, I don't think this is about words, not in this instance. If it had been, I think you would have made your previous point (and this one) clear in your first post instead of blowing up onto whatever Cody thing that was. And that also makes me sad.

But anyhow, just know I have acknowledged and have actively stepped the hyperbole back over here. Stepping out of convo now.

Time sinks

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:24 (3400 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That's not what I am saying. I'm saying if you aren't having fun, your time is being wasted. Destiny put up many many barriers to fun, thus has a lot of wasted time. Not a second of my time playing Wolfenstein New Order for example, was wasted. Not. One. Second.

It was simply a game much better designed than Destiny.

Time sinks

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:40 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's not what I am saying. I'm saying if you aren't having fun, your time is being wasted. Destiny put up many many barriers to fun, thus has a lot of wasted time. Not a second of my time playing Wolfenstein New Order for example, was wasted. Not. One. Second.

You take a selfish and entitled approach. Your idea of fun (playing at a mid-tier skill level against top-tier challenges) is often at the expense of others. Your playstyle often wastes other people's time, because you die. A lot. Like, A LOT. And while it doesn't bother me, and I enjoy playing with you, more often than not, you're screwing over everyone else, so YOU become the barrier to fun for others.

"Sorry guys, I don't have any heavy ammo, because I didn't want to grind ten minutes to buy it. It's all Bungie's fault."

"Sorry guys, I didn't have the materials to upgrade my gear, because I didn't want to run patrol and gather it. It's Bungie's fault."

"Sorry guys, I know I've died thirty times in this one encounter because I made all of these mistakes, but I don't want to do the quick cheese because that's not fun, and it's Bungie's fault for all of this time that's being wasted."

You are the demons.

It was simply a game much better designed than Destiny.

Also, it was an exclusively single-player experience, and the entire team could devote themselves to that fact. It can not be compared in any significant way, shape, or form to Destiny, because other than being FPSs, they're not even remotely in the same genre. In W:TNO, you pressed on and persevered with the tools at your disposal, being rewarded in small ways based on your playstyle. It was linear, and progression was linear. Great game, but nothing like an MMO/RPG.

I imagine that if Destiny was a single-player experience, we'd be lauding it up and down, since the grimoire would have been implemented, and much more of the game's focus and development would be on story, cutscenes, and characters... But that's not how an MMO works. It's never been, and never will be (I mean, Elder Scrolls Online tried, and look where that got them).

Wow. Burn. Like Nightfall level burn.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:49 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Time sinks

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:57 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

You take a selfish and entitled approach. Your idea of fun (playing at a mid-tier skill level against top-tier challenges) is often at the expense of others. Your playstyle often wastes other people's time, because you die. A lot. Like, A LOT. And while it doesn't bother me, and I enjoy playing with you, more often than not, you're screwing over everyone else, so YOU become the barrier to fun for others.

False. Don't exaggerate. I keep getting asked back so clearly not. Remind me when I caused a wipe on the bridge or the deathsinger again? Never? Oh.

Time sinks

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:29 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

False. Don't exaggerate. I keep getting asked back so clearly not. Remind me when I caused a wipe on the bridge or the deathsinger again? Never? Oh.

Except that you have. Remember when you said "It'll take three minutes!" On the bridge, and it became nearly 20, because I remember you stepping off the capture point for whatever reason. And then when you were dragging the bridge sequence forever, because you insisted that maybe we should do something else with the sword after we had long-since figured out the puzzle, causing another Gatekeeper to spawn, wiping us.

To defend yourself by saying "Your argument is invalid because I didn't wipe us on this one part." Isn't a convincing argument.

Time sinks

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:32 (3400 days ago) @ Korny

Except that you have. Remember when you said "It'll take three minutes!" On the bridge, and it became nearly 20, because I remember you stepping off the capture point for whatever reason. And then when you were dragging the bridge sequence forever, because you insisted that maybe we should do something else with the sword after we had long-since figured out the puzzle, causing another Gatekeeper to spawn, wiping us.

To defend yourself by saying "Your argument is invalid because I didn't wipe us on this one part." Isn't a convincing argument.

You realize that was the first time any of us did that raid? You can't expect perfect play when we are figuring it out. Failure is a part of experimentation.

Time sinks

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 17:10 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You realize that was the first time any of us did that raid? You can't expect perfect play when we are figuring it out. Failure is a part of experimentation.

Since you were nit-picky with your defense, acting as though you "never" caused a wipe there, I provided two examples. That one of them was the first time we did it is irrelevant; you have indeed wiped us there before. Checkmate.

As someone who fits the "power player" profile...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:24 (3400 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I saw that he had Dragon's Breath last week, and though I wanted to buy it, I didn't feel like running the weekly Heroic to get the coins for it, since I felt like doing other fun things. I guess we're in the same boat...

This forum (and really ANY forum devoted to this game, or any game) tends to attract power players - just this morning I read a couple of posts from people who have 2-3 of almost every high-level exotic in the game.

Not only do I have every launch-day exotic, but I have multiple Ice Breakers, Gjallarhorns, Mythoclasts, etc... But that's pretty much all from dumb luck, and more often than not, I don't even use them. I like playing around with less-than-top-tier gear.

Never have I had the "if you don't have this, why bother" attitude of many min-maxers. Despite having enough armors to get my characters to 32, I played Iron Banner just to get the awesome-looking 33-light Chest for the Hunter, because I like how it looks, and knocking my character down to 31 didn't bother me. I could taste Cody's confusion through the headset...
I play Destiny longer than I need to if stuff that I like is available, to an extent. I may not run a 20-minute weekly to get a 331 rocket launcher that I won't use, but I don't mind working hard for days to nab a shiny chest that I'll enjoy wearing, even if the stats suck...

tl;dr Even power players aren't all negative nancies about how to play the game.

Time sinks

by nico, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:39 (3400 days ago) @ Avateur

Perhaps I am biased -- as someone who played WoW for a couple years, Destiny's "time sinks" aren't even the same sport as the grinds required to access end-game content.

I just view Destiny as a next-gen Marathon -> Halo with rewards.

I wouldn't call my statement "inherently false," but we can agree to disagree : )

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 14:45 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny has been out how many days now? You could have easily had enough glimmer, with zero farming, if you'd priortized better. All the philosophical mumbo jumbo you throw around doesn't make that any less true.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:57 (3400 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Just bustin' chops! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgoG27zqt0g

Seriously, though, wasn't trying to be a prick. just trying to point out that he was responsible for his situation, not Destiny.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 16, 2015, 17:02 (3400 days ago) @ BeardFade

Just bustin' chops! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgoG27zqt0g

Seriously, though, wasn't trying to be a prick. just trying to point out that he was responsible for his situation, not Destiny.

The point has nothing to do with economics. The point is that Bungie designed a game, such that it is required to do stupid shit in order to do fun stuff.

I used Xur as an example, because it would have been an easy solution alleviating much frustration and mind numbing hours. He could have sold heavy ammo. But no.

Bungie is 100% responsible, for making glimmer a chore to acquire, and also making it so crucial.

Maybe it's good I'll be unable to play for a week.

by scarab @, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 00:33 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Maybe it's good I'll be unable to play for a week.

The longer you stay away from it the happier you will feel about the game.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 13:14 (3399 days ago) @ BeardFade

Fair enough! No hard feelings right? Internet takes everything to 11 and all

On relative lack of Heavy ammo

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:01 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Consider it a challenge.

You're welcome.

REKT

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:04 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Iron Banner requires Glimmer Farming, too

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:34 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So really, you're just doing the thing you knew you'd be doing anyway. You're just doing it sooner.

That being said, the fact that a PvP event requires PvE glimmer farming is equally bullshit to Xur not having heavy ammo synth for sale.

Iron Banner requires Glimmer Farming, too

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:40 (3400 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That being said, the fact that a PvP event requires PvE glimmer farming is equally bullshit to Xur not having heavy ammo synth for sale.

It's more bullshit that you have to farm PvE Glimmer for PvP then Xur not selling Heavy Ammo Synth.

Xur's inventory is RNG (not counting the class specific slots) so it's not something that you should rely on him having.

If you need Heavy Ammo synth you have a few options:

• Stockpile when Xur has it is my preferred choice. One week's worth of Weekly Night fall coins will net you 135 ammo synths with 3 characters if you so desire.
  • Buy from Eris with Black Wax Idol
  • Buy from Weapons vendor with Glimmer
  • Chest farm for days

Go buy some from Eris?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 16, 2015, 11:36 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

this

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:03 (3400 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

heavy ammo cheese?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:11 (3400 days ago) @ Beorn

i think it was on reddit awhile back, i can't remember.

someone said that if you have zero primary ammo, that kills from your teammates will drop mostly heavy and special ammo. this person suggested using the mythoclast (since it has such a small ammo reserve/ high ROF) and bleed off all your ammo. then let your teammates go to work.

i haven't tried this, so i cannot verify.

Trading?

by nico, Friday, January 16, 2015, 13:47 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The issue you're facing Cody is exactly why I hope in some future permutation of Destiny there can be an actual economy with trading. While I can't agree with your complaints, I feel your frustration:

You don't have the time to "farm" for glimmer that will get you Heavy Ammo synth.

I would imagine there are many players sitting on capped glimmer, or a few stacks of Heavy Ammo synth who, for whatever reason (time, skill, groups, luck) don't have access to all the great legendaries or coins or exotics or what not that you must have stashed away in your vault there, stuff you currently don't have a use for.

Would it be feasible to have a trade screen where items could be traded from player to player? Even an auction house? Or is that a terrible idea?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 16, 2015, 15:10 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You could play Iron Banner now and put off raiding for a few days. No need to be first at everything if it's going to upset you so much. :)

It's just a game after all

by R41, Friday, January 16, 2015, 16:06 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 19:29 (3399 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wanted to play some iron banner and maybe get and roll some good perks on weapons. I can;t anymore. Do you know why? BECAUSE XUR ISN'T SELLING HEAVY AMMO. I have 100 glimmer and no ammo packs. I was hoping to stock up for the Hard mode raid today with coins, then continue Iron Banner. NOPE.

Because glimmer is so fucking hard and boring to get, I now have to go get glimmer to buy ammo packs if I want to conceivably do the raid. No time for iron banner.

This is fucking bullshit, and this is the type of shit that makes this game so frustrating and awful.

I'm giving up Iron Banner too, but not for that reason. This befuddles me--why would people piss away valuable (and rare) Coins for that? I know you're getting five, but again--Rule of Three masturbation joke. All you have to do is activate a consumable right before you go into a strike, and bam--you've got a good 1,000-2,000 glimmer. Not to mention the Three Hive Lurkers on Earth. I haven't hit my roof in a while, since I keep upgrading my weapons and such, but I've been double-Exoting and racking up the G's. Literally.

But getting Rank 4 IB in a week requires 24/7 gameplay...and 25/8 winning! And the same 5--the exact same literally five--bounties every single day. No way in hell.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, January 19, 2015, 07:41 (3398 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cry some more.

Kisses!

~m

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread