Destiny needs a Firefarm. I mean Farmfight. Er, Firefight. (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 06:36 (3398 days ago)

Small enclosed arena, endless waves of enemies--survive as long as you can. 3 players. Glimmer consumables work.

Not only tons of fun, but solves the financial management issues of the Destiny community.

Destiny needs a Firefarm. I mean Farmfight. Er, Firefight.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 07:18 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

Small enclosed arena, endless waves of enemies--survive as long as you can. 3 players. Glimmer consumables work.

Not only tons of fun, but solves the financial management issues of the Destiny community.

For every 10 minutes you survive you get a rare or better engram. Chances get slightly higher for a legendary engram the longer you survive.

This would be so good

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 11:44 (3398 days ago) @ Xenos

Would be a ton of fun. Like ODST Firefight on Lost Platoon fun. Hours and hours…

You could even integrate some Ghost work in there. A couple spots around the map would have wreckage or computer terminals and you'd have to defend the Ghost. Maybe he's working on transmatting an engram and it pops in your inventory if you defend him successfully. If you don't, the Ghost has to give up and you don't get the reward.

Love this idea

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 09:12 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

This would be a great feature.

Obviously doesn't quite live up to this idea, but in the meantime you can go to areas like the Skywatch on earth or the Ishtar Commons on venus. Both areas feature multiple factions battling each other in fairly confined areas. Good spot to pop a couple glimmer boosters and rack up some kills. Especially when the "enemy forces are moving against eachother" event happens. Easy to grab a few chests & materials while you're at it, too. Skywatch is also a public event location, so it's a good spot to spend some time and accomplish multiple small goals.

I'd take it for free, just dont call it DLC or charge me $$

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 10:53 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

And Crucible marks/rep instead of Vanguard

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:06 (3397 days ago) @ petetheduck

This would allow people that don't like the traditional PvP to get the Crucible gear. Firefight fits just fine within the "arena"like crucible theme.

Yes!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:33 (3397 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

And Crucible marks/rep instead of Vanguard

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 19, 2015, 16:34 (3396 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Definitely. I can understand Bungie wanting to encourage people to try other modes, but some of us HAVE tried all the modes, and simply don't like PvP. It's not even a Destiny thing, I just don't care for PvP at all (except in Forza).

If they wanted to have this mode earn Crucible marks more slowly than actual Crucible, that would be fine - I understand they still want an incentive, at least for their current investment scheme - but give me SOME alternative.

The funny thing is, I think Bungie understands this, because there used to be an alternative, which was turning in planetary resources. That particular method was definitely TOO slow, but the basic idea was there. However, that disappeared when it became possible to buy planetary resources with marks.

Agreed. Every FPS should have a "horde mode"

by Kahzgul, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 12:20 (3397 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread