What's that, Cruel? Trouble down at the old mill?! (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 09:32 (3398 days ago)

So we were running Crota's End last night. I was doing my usual routine of communicating via dancing, pointing, and other gestures, when it finally occurred to me: I'm Lassie. I run around gesturing and flailing and trying to get attention any way I can, and I just hope my fireteam can decode the message I'm trying to deliver.

Time to go change my gamertag lol

Or Buy A Mic??

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 11:31 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I have a mic... I just can's use it at night

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 12:04 (3398 days ago) @ Morpheus

My apartment isn't very big, and my daughter is sleeping in the room right next to me, with the door open. Can't risk waking her up at 2am :)

I have a mic... I just can's use it at night

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 12:56 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My apartment isn't very big, and my daughter is sleeping in the room right next to me, with the door open. Can't risk waking her up at 2am :)

Get her one of those white noise things.

Yep, I made a diagram.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:12 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

Get her one of those white noise things.

It's not just her though, it's my wife too. The layout of my apartment is basically a giant pain in the ass when it comes to doing stuff at night while my family sleeps.

[image]

The baby's room is small, and 70% floor-to-ceiling windows. So I can't close the door to her room without it getting freezing cold in there. There's a second door in the baby's room that leads to our bedroom. That door also stays open (for the same reason, and so that the bedroom doesn't get too stuffy).

Since the doors are open, I can't make noise or even use our big TV. The flashing light it casts keeps my wife awake. So I use a tiny little TV that I put on the coffee table in front of the couch. I've tried using a humidifier in the baby's room for white noise, but it also keeps my wife awake (she's an insanely light sleeper).

I even have to wrap a blanket around my hands & controller while I play, just to muffle the 'clicking' sounds the buttons make.

Basically, I face a truckload of first world problems while playing videogames at night :)

Yep, I made a diagram.

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:27 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Option 1:
[image]

Option 2:
[image]

LMFAO

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 15:05 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Pete Nailed It.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 19, 2015, 06:36 (3396 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Ha, wonderful!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 19, 2015, 22:43 (3396 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Yep, I made a diagram.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:50 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Damn, dude. Maybe switch the baby's place with the playing place?

I even have to wrap a blanket around my hands & controller while I play, just to muffle the 'clicking' sounds the buttons make.

Wat.

Yep, I made a diagram.

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:53 (3398 days ago) @ ZackDark

Damn, dude. Maybe switch the baby's place with the playing place?

Wat.

Buy this man a snuggie and save his dignity.

I would LOVE a snuggie.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 15:06 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Yep, I made a diagram.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 19:08 (3398 days ago) @ petetheduck

This is the one and only time in the entire story of humanity where this sentence will make sense.

+1

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 22:31 (3398 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

+5 to all posts in this thread...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 06:57 (3397 days ago) @ stabbim

This is the one and only time in the entire story of humanity where this sentence will make sense.

Back in my day, a +1 was plenty. And we had to share the +.

This is amazing.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 07:03 (3397 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Ah. My Bad.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 19, 2015, 06:35 (3396 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I thought you were dancing mute because you didn't have a communicator.

If you have a smartphone, you can use Smartglass to quickly send messages--that could help.

Wasn't he on PS4?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 19, 2015, 07:19 (3396 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Wasn't he on PS4?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, January 19, 2015, 17:25 (3396 days ago) @ ZackDark

Play stationers an app too (though ps often delivers messages whenever the hell it feels like it. )

What's that, Cruel? Trouble down at the old mill?!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Saturday, January 17, 2015, 13:52 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Haha, this I gotta see some day, somehow.

(Also, mad respect for putting your daughter's sleep first, dude. I know it can be frustrating, but that's rather sweet of you.)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:16 (3398 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Haha, this I gotta see some day, somehow.

(Also, mad respect for putting your daughter's sleep first, dude. I know it can be frustrating, but that's rather sweet of you.)

Thanks :) Although it's not purely selfless. I'm on baby duty at night, so if she wakes up, I'm the one who takes care of putting her back to bed. Not something I want to happen in the middle of defending a conflux lol

i was in the same boat

by TheeChaos @, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:16 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My daughter used to wake up if the wind blew. But now she sleeps like a rock through the night. For awhile I had to play with my headset but no mic. We had a bad time last night. At first I thought it was because I'm lvl 30. But then I realized we just kept messing up lol. Or Crota would do an instant lunge. Maybe next time we have a hunter or warlock with blink go. It'll be easier to get away from him

last night was strange

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:24 (3398 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I still can't figure out exactly what was going wrong. I went back and re-watched the footage of our speedrun from a few days ago:

http://destinyraider.net/crotas-end/

The only thing I can see is that we might have been just a bit too slow taking down the sword barer, and too slow again dropping Crota's shields. Not by much, but clearly just enough to have him rotate half-way through our sword possession every single time.

last night was strange

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:55 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I still can't figure out exactly what was going wrong.

That's the part that's been bugging me all day.

Well that and the, you know, not winning.

last night was strange

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 17:57 (3398 days ago) @ Vortech

I still can't figure out exactly what was going wrong. I went back and re-watched the footage of our speedrun from a few days ago:

That's the part that's been bugging me all day.

The timing was definitely off. Whether that was because we weren't killing swordbearer quick enough - or some game bugs or something - I don't know, but that was our only real barrier we kept hitting.

last night was strange

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 17, 2015, 18:01 (3398 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I've heard his cycle times are about 1 minute. 1 minute standing there, 1 minute standing right, 1 minute back at the middle, 1 minute standing left, etc.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 14:42 (3398 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Both of my kids fell asleep in our game room while I was running the raid last night. I woke them up a couple of times by yelling and throwing my controller, but otherwise they slept right through it, even with the surround sound at my normal high volume. You've got to get your girl used to it. When he was a baby Lil' Blue was lulled to sleep by the sound of gunfire.

And if you listen closely....

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 16:34 (3398 days ago) @ bluerunner

...you can even sometimes hear him talk in his sleep

*snore*..."...fuck you snipe, it's MY sniper....get pooped on....I hate orange"

And if you listen closely....

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 20:35 (3398 days ago) @ Revenant1988

...you can even sometimes hear him talk in his sleep

*snore*..."...fuck you snipe, it's MY sniper....get pooped on....I hate orange"

*snore* Phisto... endlessly cooler... than Bones... *snore*

What's that? Timmy fell down the Hellmouth?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 20:36 (3398 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Screw that kid serves him right

Buy a throat mic? They can pick up whispers.

by scarab @, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 00:50 (3397 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Buy a throat mic? They can pick up whispers.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 08:35 (3397 days ago) @ scarab

I'm pretty sure he tried to make his own that one night He was talking on the raid. Or, at least it sounded that way.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread