Major bug in IB last night (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 09:44 (3398 days ago)

Just after the first Heavy ammo drop, my opponents' team stopped losing flags when we captured them, and my team stopped gaining flags when we captured them. In the game world, they were functioning normally, but in the scorekeeping, they weren't. Also, the heavy ammo spawned twice. At one point, the scorekeeping showed my team with 1 flag and the opponents with 3 flags, for a total of 4. After losing point A, we never got another flag again as far as the scorekeeping was concerned. We finished the game holding both points A and B, but with zero points captured on the scoreboard, and our enemy with 3 points captured. Despite literally everyone on our team having about a 1.0 k/d, this bug was insurmountable as the enemy was getting 300 points per kill to our measly 100.

Major bug in IB last night

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 10:32 (3398 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Weird. During lag I've seen similar. Points pretty much not appearing. The game being confused who owns what points. Those kind of things. Never seen it last a whole game though! What map were you on?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 19:04 (3398 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah. Usually lag is just a temporary delay, and the game state catches up eventually. It's weird for things to just stop changing entirely and never catch up.

by Kahzgul, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 02:53 (3397 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This was on Rusted Lands. Started at or just before the first heavy ammo drop, lasted til game ended. There was no noticeable lag during the game; just totally screwy scoring.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 11:16 (3398 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I've never seen that, and it sounds awful. I'm curious if anyone else has ever had the bug in crucible where it simply won't let you pick up an ammo crate. Had that happen to me a bunch. It's the worst when you're trying to quickly get the heavy ammo and run and someone kills as you try for the second time :(

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread