Add player status tag (Destiny)

by GeneralBarcom, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 07:36 (3397 days ago)

As a level 30 Warlock who has never played Vault of Glass or Crota's End (because I can never be available to play the same time as the friends I have made) finding a fireteam generally means running the gauntlet of Destiny tracker to find people in a similar situation. What is clear from Destiny Tracker is I am certainly not the only one with this problem. Not being able to run VOG or CE means falling behind on exotic gear and missing out of what I understand is one of the best parts of the game.

I understand Bungie don't want to be responsible for matchmaking in what is a serious team challenge requiring commited players but there is no reason an optional status bar couldn't be provided for players wishing to declare what they are looking for.

Currently the player tag details the player name and level. If there was an option to toggle a second tag, detailing player status (e.g. LFG - VOG) this would prompt other players to interact and invite them to fireteams and, crucially, the matchmaking would be out of Bungie's hands.

This needn't just be restricted to raids - weekly Heroic, Nightfall or Crucible could all be included as LFG status options. I can't image this would be a huge technical issue for Bungie to trial but, if it works, for a lot of players it could open the game up and extend it's longevity.

Why not trial it for a week?

+1

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 18:09 (3397 days ago) @ GeneralBarcom

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread