Been awhile since I went to the postmaster.... (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:07 (3397 days ago)
edited by Revenant1988, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:37

[image]

As you can see, I've been letting my packages pile up. This is from about 3 weeks worth of stuff, I think.

2 Vanguard rewards
3 Dead Orbit rewards
4 Cryptarc rewards
11 public event rewards

Now, I need to decide what to do with them. It's pretty much a given that the daily event ones are just going to be a single mote of light or ascendant mat, so no mystery there- but the other rewards could, *possibly* add up to something.... 5 commendations for sure, I think.

So, what would you have me do, DBO?

• 1.) Cash in just the daily's, and wait until I've filled up with 20 faction rewards?

• 2.) Cash in just the faction rewards, hoard public event rewards until maxed? (I'd naturally have to wait until I had a bunch of armor to dump the exp rewards into)

• 3.) Cash them all?

I shall report the contents either way.

This pretty much sums up how I play Destiny. I'm not a hoarder....I just have restraint ;)
-

cash them all!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:18 (3397 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Been awhile since I went to the post master....

by petetheduck, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:38 (3397 days ago) @ Revenant1988

[image]

As you can see, I've been letting my packages pile up. This is from about 3 weeks worth of stuff, I think.

2 Vanguard rewards
3 Dead Orbit rewards
4 Cryptarc rewards
11 public event rewards

Now, I need to decide what to do with them. It's pretty much a given that the daily event ones are just going to be a single mote of light or ascendant mat, so no mystery there- but the other rewards could, *possibly* add up to something.... 5 commendations for sure, I think.

So, what would you have me do, DBO?

• 1.) Cash in just the daily's, and wait until I've filled up with 20 faction rewards?

• 2.) Cash in just the faction rewards, hoard public event rewards until maxed? (I'd naturally have to wait until I had a bunch of armor to dump the exp rewards into)

• 3.) Cash them all?

I shall report the contents either way.

This pretty much sums up how I play Destiny. I'm not a hoarder....I just have restraint ;)
-

The public event packages acquired before 1/12 will award Radiant materials. Lucky break.

Did public event packages give Radiant materials before then

by Monochron, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 16:49 (3396 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

No

by petetheduck, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 18:26 (3396 days ago) @ Monochron

This was a weird side effect of the last update. Daily public event packages acquired before the update, but never opened, rewarded radiant materials instead of ascendant materials.

$Ca-CHING!$ (Cash 'Em)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 18, 2015, 13:35 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Protip of the day: most of them give out XP as well.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, January 18, 2015, 15:47 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 19, 2015, 07:37 (3396 days ago) @ ZackDark

This. If you have any weapons or armor that need XP make sure to equip them first. I think it's specifically the daily public event packages which give XP.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 19, 2015, 07:44 (3396 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm pretty sure it was a purple one that made me notice it, so maybe all of them do. :)

Spam 'A', Baby!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, January 19, 2015, 08:04 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Make it rain. It's the right thing to do.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:03 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Postmaster: Results!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:20 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I decided to cash in the faction reward packages only. I'm gonna let the public event ones keep going until I have something to dump the xp into. (Crota raid, anyone??)

So, here is what 9 faction rewards netted me

• 3 Blue Primary weapon engrams (All decoded blue)
  • 3 Blue Secondary weapon engrams (one decoded into a Solar Two to the Morgue*)
  • 1 Blue Helmet Engram (All decoded blue)
  • 3 leg engrams, 1 blue, 2 purple (Decode matched, except they were warlock boots**)
  • 1 Blue Titan butt towel
  • 1 God Of War Shader
  • 1 Revenant Shader***
  • 1 Thunder Devil Shader
  • 2 Vanguard Commendations
  • 3 Crucible Commendations
  • 1 Ascendant Shard
  • 4 Ascendant Energy
  • 3 motes of light
  • 3 strange coins

So, just to hammer home how random the game is, that is what 9 reward packages got me. The two highlights for me were the Revenant shader and the shotgun. Shader is cool because it's jet black and has my name, and I've not run into anyone else with it yet. It came from a Dead Orbit package, if anyone was curious. The shotgun is nice because I whore shotguns, and I didn't have a solar one yet, and this one has CRAZY range.

Other than that, I sharded everything else.

Now that I have this, I've beaten the game as far as I'm concerned.
[image]

*Which rolled AWESOME range perks. On a Shotgun. Yeah!
**SHARDED
*** WOOOOOO!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 11:27 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Yeah, that Revenant shader seems to be the most coveted shader in the game from what I've heard and seen around the Destinyverse. It's definitely at the top of my list. Curious -- do you know (approximately) what level you reached with Dead Orbit with that package?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 19, 2015, 12:31 (3395 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah, that Revenant shader seems to be the most coveted shader in the game from what I've heard and seen around the Destinyverse. It's definitely at the top of my list. Curious -- do you know (approximately) what level you reached with Dead Orbit with that package?

Would have been between 9 and 12. It looks pretty sweet on almost every configuration I have.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 19, 2015, 12:38 (3395 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I think I got mine around 6-8. It's random.

Very nice!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 19, 2015, 11:32 (3396 days ago) @ Revenant1988

The Revenant and God of War shaders are pretty slick. I've been wanting the GoW one for a while, didn't even know the Revenant one existed (I haven't touched Dead Orbit, for what it's worth).

If they ever had a "Beorn/Bjorn" shader, I'd never unequip it (except for Iron Banner, of course). :)

Should've Recorded It!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 01:02 (3395 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 04:34 (3395 days ago) @ Revenant1988

[*] 3 Blue Primary weapon engrams (All decoded blue)
[*] 3 Blue Secondary weapon engrams (one decoded into a Solar Two to the Morgue*)
[*] 1 Blue Helmet Engram (All decoded blue)
[*] 3 leg engrams, 1 blue, 2 purple (Decode matched, except they were warlock boots**)
[*] 1 Blue Titan butt towel
[*] 1 God Of War Shader [/small][/small]
[*] 1 Revenant Shader
[*] 1 Thunder Devil Shader
[*] 2 Vanguard Commendations
[*] 3 Crucible Commendations
[*] 1 Ascendant Shard
[*] 4 Ascendant Energy
[*] 3 motes of light
[*] 3 strange coins [/small][/small]

-----------

Congrats on the Revenant Shader Revenant1988!

So much want ._. .

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 05:31 (3395 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That shader looks great. Bit tuxedo-y, don't you think?

Have fun with that shotgun. Range-favored rolls on shotguns are things of beauty.

*goes back to corner to snuggle his The Clash* Yes, my precious.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 06:16 (3395 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I've got a first gen void Clash that wrecks so bad, it should be illegal.

I can only really use it in crucible, but man, it makes people so mad.

The range on it is better than the Universal Remote I have....though that gun needs some tweaking in general. I think they should just do like it says in the name, and give it some CRAZY range. It shoots so slow anyway.

The Revenant Shader is nice. Played a few crucible games last night and it definitely stands out among the chatterwhites and thunderdevils.

Postmaster: Results! Such salt

by Raflection, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:17 (3395 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Revenent shader. All of my want!!

Congrats I hope you accidently discard it

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread