Crota's End 5 man? (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 19, 2015, 08:05 (3386 days ago)

Hey, saw that 5 of you guys were in crota's end for a while last night. How'd it go? Did you guys finish it?

I was selfishly grinding IB rep so I can get that much closer to 32 or I'd have joined you guys.

Crota's End 5 man?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 08:55 (3385 days ago) @ slycrel

It was tough going, but fun. 1 guy on the team had never played the raid before, and another had only ever cheesed his way through (trying to 5-man it probably wasn't the best idea ;p).

The abyss was rough. We never actually explained what was going on for the newbies, so we just smashed our heads against it until we made it. The bridge encounter didn't exactly go smoothly, but Cyber, Vortech and I know it well enough that we were able to brute-force our way through it without wiping. We made it up to the deathsinger, then called it a night. Might try to pick it up tonight :)

Crota's End 5 man?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:50 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It was kind of amazing, actually. We kept doing all the things that you shouldn't do. All the classic mistakes. We were rezzing people at the lanterns. We were staying at the lanterns so long they exploded. We were getting lost and wandering off and seperating. We were not killing gate keepers and kiting multiple gatekeepers around until the next person with the sword came over.

and yet… We just kept powering through and getting it done. I have a perverse pleasure, or pride about it. It was actually a ton of fun.

Crota's End 5 man?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:40 (3385 days ago) @ Vortech

It was kind of amazing, actually. We kept doing all the things that you shouldn't do. All the classic mistakes. We were rezzing people at the lanterns. We were staying at the lanterns so long they exploded. We were getting lost and wandering off and seperating. We were not killing gate keepers and kiting multiple gatekeepers around until the next person with the sword came over.

and yet… We just kept powering through and getting it done. I have a perverse pleasure, or pride about it. It was actually a ton of fun.

It'd make a great video series: "How NOT to Raid" lol

I was almost in tears when Timboo used his Fist of Havoc to launch himself straight down a hole in the Abyss XD

I hope those were tears of laughter. :D

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 19, 2015, 11:34 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

It gave me flashbacks...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 12:30 (3385 days ago) @ slycrel

Awesome Fail

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 19, 2015, 13:27 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That looks just like something I would do. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread