End Crota Harder [PS4] - Should we start earlier? (Recruitment)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:00 (3386 days ago)

The FTB event is still listed at 11:30pm CST and only four of us are signed up. Korny has expressed that he would be interested in joining in (and not caring about cheesing the bridge section) if we start earlier and he would be another level 32. I'm pretty sure Sammy is level 32 as well. (For what it's worth, I think I'm with Korny in that I would prefer not to resort to any cheese, but if it is taking hours to get through a section - that we could get through a bit quicker if we take advantage of some in-game exploits, I am not opposed to a little bit of cheese after we have already put in some due diligence the 'harder' way, especially if we have some 31s in the group.)

Are the four of us that signed up interested in starting at about 9:30pm CST?

If so, Korny and Sammy are you interested in completing the group?

Do one Sunday too?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:03 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm not free till sunday. Would you all want to do it sunday too?

Do one Sunday too?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:06 (3386 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm potentially interested, depending on the time. I have church in the afternoon so I can't really get on for something like that until the evening anyway (8:30ish Central time). If we can get a full group together for 8:30-9:00pm Central time you could probably count me in.

Do one Sunday too?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:56 (3385 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm potentially interested, depending on the time. I have church in the afternoon so I can't really get on for something like that until the evening anyway (8:30ish Central time). If we can get a full group together for 8:30-9:00pm Central time you could probably count me in.

Made an event. Register if you are 32.

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=114

Do one Sunday too?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 15:01 (3385 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Made an event. Register if you are 32.

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=114

I registered, but would glady step aside if space is limited again and anyone that misses out on the Wednesday group wants to run it Sunday night.

Oh, and are we wanting to go in blind?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:08 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I am perfectly happy to go in blind if the rest of the group wants to - but if no one really cares I will probably watch streamers on Twitch while I'm at work Wednesday afternoon.

Oh, and are we wanting to go in blind?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:36 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I am perfectly happy to go in blind if the rest of the group wants to - but if no one really cares I will probably watch streamers on Twitch while I'm at work Wednesday afternoon.

I too intend to do this. If Hard Mode VOG was any indication, it'll be tough regardless of any foreknowledge of mechanics.

Sure

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:34 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I was going to post something similar to this last night, but I forgot :X

I'm down for any time past 7 PST/ 10 EST

End Crota Harder [PS4] - Should we start earlier?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:39 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

In a separate but related issue: //post moved to individual thread so look there//

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:40 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I'm probably going to be out of the running on Hard Mode for at least another week. I still don't have the boots I need for any of my characters to hit 32 (I've gotten the gloves for my warlock and my hunter 4 times each. Seriously.) So I need at least another week of normal runs before I can handle hard mode.

Keep hard mode warm for me... I'll be there soon ;)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 09:47 (3386 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm probably going to be out of the running on Hard Mode for at least another week. I still don't have the boots I need for any of my characters to hit 32 (I've gotten the gloves for my warlock and my hunter 4 times each. Seriously.) So I need at least another week of normal runs before I can handle hard mode.

I think for the next raid you should send your wife and daughter out of town for a day or two so you can get online much earlier in the evening and talk on your mic for once. Going through a raid completely blind with the solid group we have is really the pinnacle of not just Destiny, but all my gaming experiences.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:25 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I think for the next raid you should send your wife and daughter out of town for a day or two so you can get online much earlier in the evening and talk on your mic for once. Going through a raid completely blind with the solid group we have is really the pinnacle of not just Destiny, but all my gaming experiences.

You've just described my number 1 fantasy of all time. Sure, there's that other fantasy with me and Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence crash landing on a tropical island, but that one comes in a close second.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:38 (3386 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think for the next raid you should send your wife and daughter out of town for a day or two so you can get online much earlier in the evening and talk on your mic for once.

You've just described my number 1 fantasy of all time.

This is really amusing, since lately I've had the exact opposite fantasy regarding Destiny :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:42 (3386 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think for the next raid you should send your wife and daughter out of town for a day or two so you can get online much earlier in the evening and talk on your mic for once.

This is really amusing, since lately I've had the exact opposite fantasy regarding Destiny :-p

You mean you fantasize that I can't use my mic? Because I've been making that dream come true for months ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:44 (3386 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You mean you fantasize that I can't use my mic? Because I've been making that dream come true for months ;)

No, I mean I've been sending Destiny out of town in order to spend time with my girlfriend!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 19, 2015, 10:49 (3386 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No, I mean I've been sending Destiny out of town in order to spend time with my girlfriend!

Oh, that lol. I'm lucky enough to be in a happy relationship with a beautiful daughter. Even still, after 8 years of marriage few things are as cherished as a couple hours of "me time" every night :)

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 19, 2015, 11:39 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I should be around then.

Also, to be clear, I'm happy to defer to others with more experience (I'm looking at you cruel). I think it's better to make a few attempts with some 31's than to just not do it for a while.

That said, maybe we should power through the raid on normal first and then hit it on hard. Might be good for a warm-up if nothing else.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, January 19, 2015, 12:29 (3386 days ago) @ slycrel

If we can discuss it earlier in the week we could als maybe get closer to 32. But that may be way too much raiding y density.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:14 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The FTB event is still listed at 11:30pm CST and only four of us are signed up. Korny has expressed that he would be interested in joining in (and not caring about cheesing the bridge section) if we start earlier and he would be another level 32. I'm pretty sure Sammy is level 32 as well. (For what it's worth, I think I'm with Korny in that I would prefer not to resort to any cheese, but if it is taking hours to get through a section - that we could get through a bit quicker if we take advantage of some in-game exploits, I am not opposed to a little bit of cheese after we have already put in some due diligence the 'harder' way, especially if we have some 31s in the group.)

We'd love to. We'd be ready anytime after 7, cheese-free.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:28 (3386 days ago) @ Korny

Well then, as much as I love playing with everyone that has expressed interest in being on the team, I really think we need to have as many 32s as possible since the raid starts at level 33.

How about we plan on starting no later than 10:30pm EST, but with the goal of starting earlier if possible. I could possibly be on as early as 9:45pm (EST). (Which, I assume means we'll have to count CruelLEGACEY out for this first run).

So, I propose it be CyberKN, Korny, Sammy and myself for sure, and then between Vortech, Slycrel, and ashes2ashes - if any of you can hit 32 in time, you're in for sure and otherwise maybe we'll just have to draw straws or see who joins first? I really really hate leaving anyone out, so what's the fairest way to fill those last two slots?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:34 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Well then, as much as I love playing with everyone that has expressed interest in being on the team, I really think we need to have as many 32s as possible since the raid starts at level 33.

How about we plan on starting no later than 10:30pm EST, but with the goal of starting earlier if possible. I could possibly be on as early as 9:45pm (EST). (Which, I assume means we'll have to count CruelLEGACEY out for this first run).

So, I propose it be CyberKN, Korny, Sammy and myself for sure, and then between Vortech, Slycrel, and ashes2ashes - if any of you can hit 32 in time, you're in for sure and otherwise maybe we'll just have to draw straws or see who joins first? I really really hate leaving anyone out, so what's the fairest way to fill those last two slots?

Otter is a 32 who knows his way around, too... Couldn't hurt inviting him into the crowded fray. Also, maybe if Cane hits 32 by Wedneday...

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 06:03 (3385 days ago) @ Korny
edited by CaneCutter, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 06:09

Otter is a 32 who knows his way around, too... Couldn't hurt inviting him into the crowded fray. Also, maybe if Cane hits 32 by Wedneday...

I'd love to join but I'd need to borrow some of those radiant materials. Otherwise, I'll never be a 32 by then.

Edit: Looks like I need ~ 23 more shards than I have.
- CC

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:38 (3386 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Count me out then. I bet you guys can find enough 32s. I'll catch up with it later. I ground out IB for rank 4 to get the gloves (yay ascendant materials instead of raid materials), but I still have no boots to upgrade on my warlock, so 32 is impossible for me at the moment.

Event time updated accordingly

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, January 19, 2015, 14:50 (3385 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:31 (3384 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Vortech got the shards he needed to hit 32 tonight!

So myself, CyberKn, Korny, Sammy, Otteemack, and Vortech makes a full Group of 32s!!

See y'all at 9:30pm (if not sooner)!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread