I'm not even mad (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 07:59 (3385 days ago)

The RNG gods haven't exactly been kind to me over the past 2 weeks. 3 nightfall strikes last week and 3 more today have given me nothing but shards, strange coins, a mediocre pulse rifle and the same crappy hand cannon 2 strikes in a row. 6 runs through Crota's End (3 last week and 3 this morning) have yielded no exotics, the same machine gun twice (which I already had) and the same rocket launcher 4 times (all 3 runs today. WTF. Also, I already had that one too). My Vault of Glass runs have been similarly unsuccessful: no exotics in 2 weeks (except for my 4th Mythoclast... Sorry Speedracer ;p) and still no vision of confluence.

But it's ok. I'm in a great mood. None of this bad luck can touch me because I FINALLY GOT MY STUPID RAID BOOTS!!!

Level 32, here I come. Mouth any luck I'll hit it in time for hard-mode Crota tomorrow :D

I'm not even mad

by Durandal, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 08:11 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It could be worse. Crota has given me two No land beyond, and on the same day both he and Atheon gave me MIDA multi tools. I already had both weapons.

Hard Atheon dropped double helmets for me twice in a row. In fact the hard VOG lately has a pattern of giving me the exact same rewards twice in a row. To the point that I got two Mythocasts in a row, and was able to call the second one ahead of time.

On the plus side I now have two mythocasts, which prior to that had been my white whale.

I'm not even mad

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:01 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Congrats on the boots! :D

I'm not even mad

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:23 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

and the same crappy hand cannon 2 strikes in a row.

The chance is a really good hand canon if you get the right perks (mine is my go to when I'm not using Fatebringer). I'm guessing you didn't get good perks :-p

Oh well. I'm happy with my Thunderlord!

I'm not even mad

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 10:45 (3385 days ago) @ Cody Miller

and the same crappy hand cannon 2 strikes in a row.

The chance is a really good hand canon if you get the right perks (mine is my go to when I'm not using Fatebringer). I'm guessing you didn't get good perks :-p

Oh well. I'm happy with my Thunderlord!

I'm sure it's perfectly fine but I'm a) not really a hand cannon guy, and b) why would I ever use it over Fatebringer? Small clip, average rate of fire... Just doesn't seen like the kind of weapon I'd ever go to. I kept one if them, just so I can mess around with it. We'll see if it wins me over.

Besides, it's tough not to be disappointed while you and Munky are getting Monte Carlos and Seros Regimes ;)

I'm not even mad

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:25 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Congrats! I only need about 43 more Radiant Shards to achieve the glorious rank of 32.

Also, I might hate you just a tiny bit for having 4 Mythoclasts. Haha.

(Disclaimer: The rank 32 will only be glorious until The House of Wolves releases, at which point even the lowliest of nubs will achieve said rank.)

I'm not even mad

by petetheduck, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:46 (3385 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

(Disclaimer: The rank 32 will only be glorious until The House of Wolves releases, at which point even the lowliest of nubs will achieve said rank.)[/size]

I am expecting Bungie to continue to use Radiant Shards for Raid armor in the next Raid, which will make upgrading the next DLC's armor significantly easier with the head start on gathering materials as well as having two sources for them.

Unless they hate us and come up with a different kind of Shards which would just be obnoxious.

I'm not even mad

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 10:06 (3385 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm going to hope that you're right, but I will accept the inevitable if not.

On the bright side, it seemed much easier to get Raid Gear this time around. Had three pieces on my 4th Raid, as apposed to the Vault, where I got the legs and nothing else in 20+ runs.

I'm not even mad

by petetheduck, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 09:55 (3385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But it's ok. I'm in a great mood. None of this bad luck can touch me because I FINALLY GOT MY STUPID RAID BOOTS!!!

Probably got strength and extra ammo for pulse rifle perk, right?

An interesting thing has happened: Titan's grenades are so bad and the punch perks so good, I actually like having strength on my Titan's armor.

It's like everything I've believed is a lie.

I'm not even mad

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 10:05 (3385 days ago) @ petetheduck

Probably got strength and extra ammo for pulse rifle perk, right?

That's the benefit of rolling 3 hunters.

With my preferred raid armor loadout with Achlyophage Symbiote, I've got 280 int, 217 Discipline, and 0 str. If I want the Don't Touch Me arms for the raid, it's 226 int, 283 discipline, 0 str.

Roll with 3 characters to get those perfect rolls yo :-p

I'm not even mad

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 10:13 (3385 days ago) @ petetheduck

An interesting thing has happened: Titan's grenades are so bad and the punch perks so good, I actually like having strength on my Titan's armor.

It's like everything I've believed is a lie.

This must be a Defender thing. As a Striker, I would give up all my strength for int/dis if I could.

Flash-bang grenades FTW!

I'm not even mad

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 07:13 (3384 days ago) @ CyberKN

As a Defender, I find Strength is definitely inferior to Magnet Grenades. They kill everything. Plus Armamentarium for double grenades? Boom.

"I just really need one more Gjallarhorn..."

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:42 (3384 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Korny, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:46

The RNG gods haven't exactly been kind to me over the past 2 weeks. 3 nightfall strikes last week and 3 more today have given me nothing but shards, strange coins, a mediocre pulse rifle and the same crappy hand cannon 2 strikes in a row. 6 runs through Crota's End (3 last week and 3 this morning) have yielded no exotics, the same machine gun twice (which I already had) and the same rocket launcher 4 times (all 3 runs today. WTF. Also, I already had that one too). My Vault of Glass runs have been similarly unsuccessful: no exotics in 2 weeks (except for my 4th Mythoclast... Sorry Speedracer ;p) and still no vision of confluence.

*One minute later*

[image]

In the span of two hours, I got
the final raid helmet,
a Monte Carlo (my third),
Claws of Ahamkara (my second, but better stats),
Dragon's Breath,
No Land Beyond (lolwtfno),
Light of the Abyss (my third),
Swordbreaker (my second),
and a Gjallarhorn (my third)...

I imagine that if I had run my Warlock as well on the final raid, I would have gotten another Hawkmoon, a Black Hammer, and a 4th Horseman. :P

I did feel bad that literally every single game we played last night, you were getting screwed over, while everyone else was being showered with rewards... I'm sure Guardian would have gotten some sick pleasure out of it, though...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 14:20 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

I did feel bad that literally every single game we played last night, you were getting screwed over, while everyone else was being showered with rewards... I'm sure Guardian would have gotten some sick pleasure out of it, though...

Now that you mention it, I think I got a least three pieces of raid armor last night - including some boots that Cruel seems to think don't exist. :-P

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 14:26 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

*One minute later*

[image]

In the span of two hours, I got
the final raid helmet,
a Monte Carlo (my third),
Claws of Ahamkara (my second, but better stats),
Dragon's Breath,
No Land Beyond (lolwtfno),
Light of the Abyss (my third),
Swordbreaker (my second),
and a Gjallarhorn (my third)...

I imagine that if I had run my Warlock as well on the final raid, I would have gotten another Hawkmoon, a Black Hammer, and a 4th Horseman. :P

It got to the point where it was just funny... You were having amazing drops, the rest of our group was getting cool stuff... Even the dude who joined 5 minutes before the end got a Thunderlord! Yet I got absolutely squat 3 Nightfalls and 3 raids in a row.

Not that I'm seriously complaining. I've had my share of great luck too. I've just never had such a bad stretch before :)

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 04:19 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

Enjoy it. I get crap drops. I keep getting Armor that I already have. the only 2 weapons that have dropped for me from either of the raids are Light of the Abyss (2) and Atheons Epilogue (2). I got Praedynths Revenge (gag) last night and Hezens revengeance (ehh) but nothing of really use to me. I think they are just sending you all my luck

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread