Japanese Destiny highlights are the best Destiny highlights (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 10:41 (3385 days ago)

I came across this guy on the Destiny sub-reddit and thought this might be appreciated. Some thoughts:

1. Damn, I want his shotgun.
2. Japanese Lord Shaxx is so much cooler than English Lord Shaxx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZmHU8XUSBM

Holy crap

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 11:03 (3385 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I have never felt so willing to use Blink as I am now.

No kidding.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 11:22 (3385 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

No kidding.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:36 (3384 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I switch to blink in the Crucible. Can't shoot what isn't there.

Wow warlock melee has range!

by Durandal, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 15:05 (3384 days ago) @ BeardFade

It is annoying when there is enough lag for you to blink out of the way only to be teleported back dead.

Also, that warlock melee seems to have a huge range and angle of coverage.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 15:21 (3384 days ago) @ Durandal

It is annoying when there is enough lag for you to blink out of the way only to be teleported back dead.

I've headshot Blinkers before, and it's funny that the animation plays out even though they're dead. It's not so much lag as it is an animation glitch.

Also, that warlock melee seems to have a huge range and angle of coverage.

It's the best of them all. Like a mini-shotgun in every bite. Combine that with faster melee, Surge, Radiant Skin, bloom, Flame Shield, Claws of Ahamkara, or a Monte Carlo, and you'll be pimp-slapping so much that a Titan will look at his fists and shed a tear.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 17:35 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

a Titan will look at his fists and shed a tear.

This. When I finally gave in and made a Titan character, it took me a loooong time to get used to the melee. Hell, you can't even melee a Wizard from the ground! Gladly, Strikers have shoulder charge to compensate.

Japanese Destiny highlights are the best Destiny highlights

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:19 (3385 days ago) @ iconicbanana

How do I get Japanese Shaxx? I have no idea what he's saying, but having his voice would either encourage me to play as well as that guy, or make me want to commit seppuku after every loss.

Ick.

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:49 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Impressive gameplay, but this guy is the type of player that I hate most in Destiny. People who run around with Blink, Shotguns with huge ranges, and Hand Cannons are so annoying. Blegh.

Ick.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:52 (3384 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

Impressive gameplay, but this guy is the type of player that I hate most in Destiny. People who run around with Blink, Shotguns with huge ranges, and Hand Cannons are so annoying. Blegh.

Well... May you never meet my Titan, who runs around with Shoulder Charge, Shotguns with huge ranges, and flashbangs, because you'll be too busy being dead to be annoyed ;)

I LOVE people like you :)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:54 (3384 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Well... May you never meet my Titan, who runs around with Shoulder Charge, Shotguns with huge ranges, and flashbangs, because you'll be too busy being dead to be annoyed ;)

Shoulder-charging titans are soooooo easy to melt with pocket infinity.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:01 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Hey, if we let you live long enough to charge that thing up, that's on us. :P

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:27 (3384 days ago) @ CyberKN

Hey, if we let you live long enough to charge that thing up, that's on us. :P

If I get killed by a guy with a fusion rifle, it's because I fucked up and deserved it.

The +2 agility boost that my new crash has... FEET DON'T FAIL ME NAOW!

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 22:45 (3384 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I rarely get killed while Shoulder Charging with a fusion rifle. I get shotgunned a lot, though.

That was another subtle hint that shotguns are OP in Crucible.

by Earendil, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 09:15 (3384 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

So one of the few ways to stop a shoulder charge, the shotgun, you want eliminated because it's OP? I don't follow. As a Warlock against a Titan charge I just about don't have a second ability because I'll never get close enough to hit...unless I drop on their heads :)

Unadvertised benefit of playing on XBone:

by pooberry, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 12:52 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Pretty much zero chance of running into Japanese super-players.

It does make me want to work on my blinking skills, though.

Unadvertised benefit of playing on XBone:

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 13:18 (3384 days ago) @ pooberry

"Why play against the pros when you can play against a squad of 12-year-olds! ONLY ON XBOX!"

And no way. Blink clearly only works if the enemy team has it. I think it's in the game's code.

Agreed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 18:18 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

"Why play against the pros when you can play against a squad of 12-year-olds! ONLY ON XBOX!"

And no way. Blink clearly only works if the enemy team has it. I think it's in the game's code.

Just like for the last decade all Bungie games have included the following code:

if player_id == "Ragashingo"
{
shotgun_dmg(Ragashingo) = shotgun_dmg(Ragashingo)*.5;
shotgun_dmg(enemy)= shotgun_dmg(enemy)*1.5;
}

I want this

by nico, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 18:03 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Is it possible to activate different language Destiny in the US?

If there are two things I truly dislike about the game:

1. The writing and voice acting for the ghost
2, The effete, British announcer for PvP.

I've been playing with the sound of for weeks, but I would consider turning it back on for a language I didn't understand.

Good question

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 18:20 (3384 days ago) @ nico

I'm sure I can get different languages here, since I'm playing in English. AFAIK, you have to change the language on the Xbox itself to take effect.

Differences of opinion can be funny

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 16:03 (3383 days ago) @ nico

It's interesting how people can love and hate the same things. I think they picked a great voice for Shaxx, especially since my first introduction to the actor was the fantastic movie "Snatch".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416694/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

I reallly enjoy English Shaxx

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 16:52 (3382 days ago) @ BeardFade

- No text -

HOLY BLAM CHANGING YOUR CONSOLES LANGUAGE

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 19:24 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

CHANGES YOUR DESTINY VOICE OVER LANGUAGE

TIME FOR GERMAN DESTINY

I just had an idea

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:01 (3384 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I'm p sure hbo had a voice line databank of sorts. Would capturing all the voice snippets from destiny be something worth while?

Plus we have easy access to additional languages! :D

I now need a clip of Shaax's voice in German

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 21:01 (3384 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

- No text -

I can upload a match later.

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 09:12 (3384 days ago) @ ZackDark

Could potentially do other languages if there is interest.

This reminds me of a guy I fought on PS4...

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 08:37 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

He had 55 kills in a losing effort. Blade dancer, blink, Found Verdict, Mask of the Third Man, specced fully for agility and longer blade dancing. My PvP crew is pretty good, and we would see him coming a mile away, and not be able to do a damn thing about it. I think he spent half the game in blade dance mode, and the other half of it behind me with his shotgun. The guy had over 10,000 points in the game and yet, somehow, incredibly, his team lost.

We stayed in the room to see if it was a fluke, and maybe it was... He only got 44 kills in the following match.

I have tried his build, but I'm not nearly as good as he is. 32 kills for 6200 points is my high water mark, but I have something to aim for every time I play now.

Also, nerf Found Verdict. Too. Much. Range.

I have a theory about this with absolutely no factual basis.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 08:42 (3384 days ago) @ Kahzgul

He had 55 kills in a losing effort. Blade dancer, blink, Found Verdict, Mask of the Third Man, specced fully for agility and longer blade dancing. My PvP crew is pretty good, and we would see him coming a mile away, and not be able to do a damn thing about it. I think he spent half the game in blade dance mode, and the other half of it behind me with his shotgun. The guy had over 10,000 points in the game and yet, somehow, incredibly, his team lost.

We stayed in the room to see if it was a fluke, and maybe it was... He only got 44 kills in the following match.

I have tried his build, but I'm not nearly as good as he is. 32 kills for 6200 points is my high water mark, but I have something to aim for every time I play now.

Also, nerf Found Verdict. Too. Much. Range.

One of the guys chaos and I run with has that shotgun slide down about as perfect as humanly possible. I notice when we run with him that I don't have my super as frequently because he's the one killing everybody, and I think sometimes with great players like that, getting all the kills on your team hurts your team because nobody else is super-ing; the great player will inevitably have his super shut down by the other teams supers, and his team will lose.

I have nothing more than this anecdote to back up my claim, does anyone have a way to measure this theory?

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 12:19 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I dunno, all those kills he gets with his super drops a lot of orbs for his teammates. Also, we weren't shutting down his super at all - he was amazing. Between blade dancer specc'd for longer duration and Mask of the Third Man, he could get like 7+ kills in a single super.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 15:11 (3383 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I dunno, all those kills he gets with his super drops a lot of orbs for his teammates. Also, we weren't shutting down his super at all - he was amazing. Between blade dancer specc'd for longer duration and Mask of the Third Man, he could get like 7+ kills in a single super.

Well, if you were scrubbing his team, any orbs they had lying around would disappear for them whenever they died...but yeah, seems like it's unlikely they wouldn't pick up any if he was wiping you guys. Was the K/D for the rest of the team absolutely awful?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 16:46 (3383 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If you run into someone like that again, whip out Pocket Infinity. That thing OWNS blade dancers.

I miss my maxxed Pocket Infinity; must level it back soon.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 16:50 (3383 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread