New Crucible mode? (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 14:15 (3384 days ago)

I was hearing some noise on the sub-reddit that 2v2 skirmish is now available. Can anyone verify?

New Crucible mode?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 14:17 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I was hearing some noise on the sub-reddit that 2v2 skirmish is now available. Can anyone verify?

I heard similar noise on some twitch streams this morning... Consider me intrigued.

Here we go.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 14:18 (3384 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Cringe-worthy grenade skills...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 19:34 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

-Sammy popped a vein in her head watching his gameplay. He literally landed ONE grenade the whole match...

-Seems like a gametype destined to have a high quit ratio. Once the enemy team is a thousand points above you, what incentive do you have to stay besides the possibility of loot? Bungie should have a much harsher punishment in place for quitters, like less XP and a lower loot drop chance for each game that you quit that lasts for a number of games.

-If a player quits, the other player should get an overshield or something while the game drops him a partner. Anything to keep him from wanting to quit... Maybe an instant Super? That way the enemy team is a bit more wary as well, knowing that he has the ability to wipe them...

Cringe-worthy grenade skills...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 20:14 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

Oh yeah, these guys aren't great, it was just the only vid I could find at the time.

Welp, that didn't take long...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 00:59 (3384 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The very second game that we played, we steamrolled them early, and one guy up and left about two minutes into the match. We spent some time appreciating the map's skyline (Burning Shrine), and giving the poor sap a fighting chance, but there wasn't really any hope for him, as nobody ever joined his team.

I think the time-to-spawn should be faster in 2v2. Nothing's worse than watching your teammate get pinned, but you can't respawn because the countdown timer hasn't hit 10 yet...

Welp, that didn't take long...

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 09:40 (3384 days ago) @ Korny

I think the better solution would be allow revives (if it does not. I have not played it. )

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread