I made a little thing (Off-Topic)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 23:53 (3384 days ago)

Well, technically I "converted" it from a chuck-glider to RC, but you get the gist. :)
Was chatting with breitzen about it tonight and thought I'd share with the whole class.

Cool!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 00:29 (3384 days ago) @ Mid7night

Well, technically I "converted" it from a chuck-glider to RC, but you get the gist. :)
Was chatting with breitzen about it tonight and thought I'd share with the whole class.

It doesn't look like there's any sort of propeller; is the modification "just" the addition of (remote) control surfaces? Does that require modifying the stock wings, or are those part of the RC system?

Build details

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 05:12 (3384 days ago) @ Beorn

It doesn't look like there's any sort of propeller; is the modification "just" the addition of (remote) control surfaces? Does that require modifying the stock wings, or are those part of the RC system?

There is no propeller, but yes; I did have to add RC components and modify the wings and tails.

You can read more about that and see pics in my RCGroups thread;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2327222

Disgusting.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 03:14 (3384 days ago) @ Mid7night

;p

I love me some RC gliders. Give me a RC glider and a windy hill and I'll stay there all day long playi- *ahem* studying aerodynamics.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread