PS4 CE [Hard] Team - Let's wrap this up. New Strategy? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 10:18 (3395 days ago)

Last night's fight with Crota was rough. We started strong, but we were fighting both the hive and our internal clocks by the end.

There's a new methodology floating around which negates the need for killing the boomers (and, by extension, wizards). The timing looks like it will require some practice, but it certainly looks quicker and less random then what we were trying last night.

Vid with questionable but informative commentary

Breakdown is as follows:

-Clear out the starting hallway as usual

-Run outside, and get on the little window ledge above the pool room entrance. Boomers can't hit us here, and neither can Crota from the middle.

-Burn down the swordbearer with primary/secondary. Sword-wielder and designated defender titan use heavy.

-Sword-wielder grabs sword, runs to the right (OUR right) jump-up-ledge just next to Crota's platform. A designated Defender places a bubble in the right tower to block/blind boomers.

-Sword wielder gives signal. All four guardians on the windowsill fire a rocket- this will take Crota's shield down immediately. Sword-wielder get 2-3 hits on Crota, then jumps back to his safe spot. as soon as this occurs, another salvo is fired. 3 more sword-hits. ANOTHER salvo. 3 more hits. Hitting Crota this many times per sword allows us to kill him before ogres. (Side note- this sounds really hard, but because we don't have to worry about boomers showing up mid-sword, we can focus on timing)

-Everyone runs inside the left entrance to the safe hallway. Dodge and avoid boomer fire. Wait for Crota to rotate back to middle.

-Repeat from step two. Ignore enrage.

This approach takes out a LOT of variables, and allows us to refine our handling of the ones that matter. The bad news is it requires practically everyone to have full heavy ammo at the start.

Is everyone still available to try again tonight?

That's genius

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 11:31 (3395 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

PS4 CE [Hard] Team - Let's wrap this up. New Strategy?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 12:02 (3395 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm Doing the normal Crota raid with folks tonight. I will check in after that if y'all are working on it but I don't know what time that will be.

If tonight doesn't work I can do it tomorrow afternoon or early evening or Saturday night. Also Codys raid on Sunday.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 12:34 (3395 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm anxious to try this strategy. I can be online by 9pm Central time like we agreed last night.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 18:16 (3394 days ago) @ CyberKN

This approach takes out a LOT of variables, and allows us to refine our handling of the ones that matter. The bad news is it requires practically everyone to have full heavy ammo at the start.

Good news:

I made enough glimmer to buy 6 packs.

Bad News:

I have to spend more to level Red Death. Or just not get hit. Which is better?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 18:47 (3394 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just don't get hit.

You can turn hungering blade on for the times where you do get hit though. Just shoot a thrall down to less than half Heath and then hit him/her in the face with your knife.

The heavy ammo is definitely important.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread