How I feel playing Raids using LFG (Destiny)

by Earendil, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 12:30 (3395 days ago)

Almost every time.
http://youtu.be/h9rJzvr6ZdM

It only happens half the time now that I play with you guys ;-)

How *I* feel playing Raids using LFG

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 15:04 (3395 days ago) @ Earendil

[image]

It's been so painful this week. I did Crota twice on Tuesday morning, but we got disconnected (for the patch) during the second pass on Crota and the team never formed up again.

I've spent the last two days trying to finish the raid (for one Radiant Shard!) and none of the groups I've been in have been able to finish it. On Normal. If I'm lucky, two or three people know what to do and when, but there's never any group cohesion. Invariably the guy watching the Boomers gets distracted, or the sword guy goes in late or tries to get too many hits, or someone runs the opposite direction and the group gets split up.

I love raiding with DBOers. It's the only way to go.

How *I* feel playing Raids using LFG

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 15:39 (3395 days ago) @ Beorn

I've spent the last two days trying to finish the raid (for one Radiant Shard!)

If you have any Radiant Energy I confirmed it is 1 for 1 from Eris.

What I Hate.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 15:37 (3395 days ago) @ Earendil

I say "I'm looking for experienced people please! Level x or higher?"

LFG: "Oh, we're all 30+, we've done the raid dozens of times"

I send invites,

"Oh, we've never done this before."

BITCH.

That happens to me SO many damn times I'm seriously considering just doing raids with only DBO's.

Even though no one joins my parties.

But seriously, just two nights ago, I remember that I'm at the Crota checkpoint and I only have two hours to finish. And I ask only for those who know what to do--I get a bunch of people willing to join, and then AT THE CRYSTAL, THREE of them say they've never even played A raid before!

Seriously! GOD!

What I Hate.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Thursday, January 22, 2015, 15:46 (3395 days ago) @ Morpheus

This is why if I get a message that doesn't have a level qualifier, I respond with the fact that I've never done raids before, and will only join if they're willing to deal with a n00b.

So far, no bites, but still. I'd rather find out if they want to have me with them than have them want to punch me in my reproductive organs until my pre-ancestors have the final thought of "My offspring will some day do something horrible."

And An Addendum.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 16:25 (3395 days ago) @ Morpheus

Make sure to get one thing straight(and I made sure to add a new post instead of just editing my original for the chance to get missed).

I have no problems playing with noobs. In fact, I find it enjoyable, as I get to teach them something new and help "hold their hands" through a difficult, confusing time. It's an enlightening and humbling experience having someone look up to you and count on you for help. However, there is a time and a place for everything, and when you just want the end-loot or need to finish an alt or you're less than two hours away from a reset, that's when you put that childish crap aside and DO WORK SON.

So that's what we need!

How I feel playing Raids using LFG

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 17:07 (3395 days ago) @ Earendil

Some of the funniest moments ever in raiding was when we have five people from the DBO and we have to pull in one person from the looking for group website. I had to mute my mike once because cruel said he could hear me stifling laughter at the Rando Calrisian shooting the Templar from up on the platform exclusively using atheon epilogue and a fusion rifle.

How I feel playing Raids with DBO (Crota Smackdown)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 20:23 (3391 days ago) @ Earendil

I love you guys!

Joined the 360 Crota's End run this afternoon with my 30 Hunter. I think I was the only one who had done the whole raid, everyone else had done a few pieces here and there, but everyone else was 31.

Several hours later, we nailed it! Since everyone was new, we spent some time figuring out the mechanics for each of the encounters (as can be expected). We churned through the raid and had Crota down in 4 hours flat. The hardest part was getting the Crota/sword timing down, but once we got that figured out (and that Weapons of Light is a Good Thing™), things went pretty quickly.

The best part is that everyone kept a positive attitude and wanted to learn how the encounters worked. Cheesing wasn't even discussed. I felt bad being a 30 and offered to go grab my 32 Warlock at one point, but everyone said, "nah, I think we can do this." :) And we did!

Thanks, Louis Wu, nico, Ragashingo, Up North 65, and Robot Chickens. I had a blast!

How I feel playing Raids with DBO (Crota Smackdown)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 20:42 (3391 days ago) @ Beorn

That's a cool crew! Wish I could have joined in. From what I know about playing with you, you played a large role in setting the tone.

A Video

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 26, 2015, 11:55 (3391 days ago) @ Beorn

Our final run at Crota. Up North 65 just about gave me a heart attack on that last sword swing!

Thank you

by ckamp, Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:54 (3391 days ago) @ Beorn

That was so much fun and I was stoked to be able to see a memento of my first Crota Run. I loved working through that with you all. It is totally abouthaving a good attitude through stressful situations with good teammates (even if they do knock you off cliffs while AFK).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread