Good luck thread !! (Destiny)

by Raflection, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 15:41 (3395 days ago)

So! In the last week (since last Saturday) from just BLUE engrams I've rolled, 2 legend boots, 3 legend arm pieces, 2 legend helms, a legend vang auto rifle (WHICH IS A FUCKING LAZER BEAM) stability perk + field scout (62 round, 800 reserve) + fitted stock, 5 asce shards, 8 ST, 9 M.O.L, 2 legend rocket launchers and finally a legend shotty.

All new light levels, all new attack stats and all with really decent perks which are really useful to my play style.

Now.. Just to farm all this asce mats to upgrade them all ;D

Please share all your good luck !!
please no hate from salty unluckers

I didn't choose the unluck life.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 15:48 (3395 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

Good luck thread !!

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Friday, January 23, 2015, 07:43 (3394 days ago) @ Raflection

Last week for whatever reason the game just decided to start giving me purple engrams out of nowhere. I had three drop in one night and then one the next night, the following night I had a blue decode to purple as well.

No idea what happened because before that I only seemed to score one like once every three weeks or so.

Also in the first month or so of the game I scored a Thunderlord in Crucible after an almost negative K/D ratio.

Still got my fingers crossed for Hawkmoon luck.

CC

Good luck thread !!

by Earendil, Friday, January 23, 2015, 10:11 (3394 days ago) @ Raflection

Two characters, two Nightfall runs, two exotic weapons.
A 331 Suros, which shall replace the 300 Suros I have.
And a 331 Gjallarhorn, my 5th Gal so far.
Also ran Hardmode VoG and picked up the last two VoG weapons I didn't have, Fatebringer and Epilogue.

This week has been good so far.

I already have a fully upped 331 Gal, so I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Anyone want to trade it for an exotic machine gun, which I've never rolled? I suppose I'll just have to secretly shard it when no one is looking, so as to avoid getting mobbed and tossed off the tower balcony.

Good luck thread !!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, January 23, 2015, 11:13 (3394 days ago) @ Earendil

I already have a fully upped 331 Gal, so I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Anyone want to trade it for an exotic machine gun, which I've never rolled?

Well to be fair there is only one exotic machine gun to roll, the other you have to complete the exotic bounty to get. I also have never rolled Thunderlord, it being one of only two exotic weapons I don't own! (The other being Remote Control)

You're kidding me...

by Earendil, Friday, January 23, 2015, 11:17 (3394 days ago) @ Xenos

I've done every exotic bounty twice, I've tossed out another set because I've already done them twice, I've NEVER received the one for super good advice and had to go look it up to make sure you weren't yanking my chain.

Apparently, RNGesus doesn't think I should be using machine guns...

New forum rule

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:15 (3394 days ago) @ Earendil

Nobody with five (5!) Gjallarhorns can complain about the RNG. Ever. ;-)

New forum rule

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 23, 2015, 14:03 (3394 days ago) @ Beorn

Motion carries.

You're kidding me...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:21 (3394 days ago) @ Earendil

Toland's Legacy is the name of the bounty that leads to SGA, iirc.

And quit stealing my Gjallarhorn drops, goddammit! :p

You're kidding me...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:35 (3394 days ago) @ ZackDark

Toland's Legacy is the name of the bounty that leads to SGA, iirc.

And quit stealing my Gjallarhorn drops, goddammit! :p

Nope. That's for Bad JuJu.

"A voice in the wilderness" is the one you want.

My mistake. Cyber is right

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:03 (3394 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Bounty Luck!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, January 23, 2015, 14:24 (3394 days ago) @ Raflection

I haven't seen a single Exotic bounty missive on any of my three characters in literally months, then....

Over last weekend (between Friday and Sunday) I received FOUR:

Thorn (for the billionth time, but at least this time I got it on my Warlock instead of my Hunter)

Pocket Infinity (on my Hunter)

Super Good Advice (on my Hunter)

Super Good Advice (on my Titan

I'm mostly excited to have three bounties that have NO Crucible component, so I KNOW I will be able to finish them! I'm not too excited about Thorn, but I think I will at least have a better chance at completing it on my Voidwalker Warlock. I almost just ditched it right from the start, since I've already ditched the Thorn bounty 7 times on my Hunter. I don't see myself using it much (I have a ton of other hand cannons I enjoy already), but I might be surprised, who knows.

Bounty Luck!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 23, 2015, 15:09 (3394 days ago) @ Mid7night

Thorn's bounty is really a bitch on a Hunter because you have to rely on weapons only. I abandoned it. The only PvP bounty I've done is Bad Juju's, which is the least irritating of them all I think.

Having an Atheon's Epilogue (or Word of Crota, now) would definitely help, but I don't have one.

Good luck thread !!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 23, 2015, 15:19 (3394 days ago) @ Raflection

I haven't had a ton of drops in a short period like that, but the ones I have gotten over the past few weeks have been fortuitous and filled in specific gaps in my arsenal.

First, snipers. I had a Y-09 Longbow Synthesis (weird name, good gun) in void and needed an arc sniper and a solar to have legendary options for everything. As it happens, an LDR 5001 (arc) and another Longbow (solar) both dropped in a pretty short period. The LDR doesn't have armor-piercing rounds, but it's still good. Definitely made this week's nightfall/heroic strike easier. And the solar Longbow has a "Hawkeye" scope which seems much more forgiving at medium range than other sniper scopes.

Then, HMGs. A couple weeks ago, I got a solar Harm's Way. Decent stability, which I like. Then had Song of Ir Yut drop from the raid. Normally I stay away from HMGs with max fire rate since their stability sucks, but this gun's got oddly high stability for an HMG in its class. Also, it absolutely DESTROYED in this week's nightfall/heroic strike. I still needed a new void HMG, and TBH I wasn't looking forward to it because it would mean giving up my old (300 attack) Deviant Gravity, which is my favorite HMG. So, guess what dropped from one of my nightfall runs this week? That's right, a shiny new 331 attack Deviant Gravity, with void damage. I may have yelled into my teammates' ears a little loudly when that came up. :)

Good luck thread !!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 23, 2015, 19:42 (3394 days ago) @ Raflection

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread