Hard Mode Crota - Complete! (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 22, 2015, 23:32 (3394 days ago)

Congrats to the PS4 DBO Raiding Crew! Thank you for putting up with my many blunders. I owe you all like a billion heavy ammo synths.

Glowhoo all around!

I'll post a video of my perspective sometime tomorrow.

Hard Mode Crota - Complete!

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, January 23, 2015, 01:01 (3394 days ago) @ CyberKN

Congrats!

Congrats to the DBO Alpha Team!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 01:38 (3394 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Korny, Friday, January 23, 2015, 02:00

The hardest part? Getting screwed over by the game itself...
Seriously, Bungie, what's this shpoop?

But it paid off:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]
(Sorry you Titans get so little glow, Cyber...)

My rewards:

Raid Pulse Rifle,
Raid Auto Rifle,
Raid Hand Cannon,
but most importantly... GLOWPOO SHADER!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 23, 2015, 08:01 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

My rewards:

Raid Pulse Rifle,
Raid Auto Rifle,
Raid Hand Cannon,

So you basically got everything there was to get in one go? Nice.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 08:18 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

My rewards:

Raid Pulse Rifle,
Raid Auto Rifle,
Raid Hand Cannon,

So you basically got everything there was to get in one go? Nice.

Sammy got the Arc Scout Rifle, which I really want. Looks like it wrecks in PvP once you get the perks ready.

The Auto Rifle looks like it has nice perks, but in PvP it's very underwhelming.
The Pulse Rifle effectively makes Timepiece obsolete, and can shoot through Hive walls.
The Hand Cannon is no Hawkmoon, but it should perform much better once I get the Sureshot IS sight and Hammer Forged range buff... Though the explosive rounds look awful tempting...

So yeh, good haul, but the one thing I really wanted was the Scout Rifle.

Isn't the AR basically a Shingen with cool perks?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 23, 2015, 08:43 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Raid Weapon comparisons...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 10:08 (3393 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm not sure. I don't have an Epilogue on my Warlock for some reason, and I can't quite be bothered to fetch one... But the closest I can find in my inventory is the Monte Carlo, and the Raid AR is essentially a crappy version of it with triple the recoil... Still, it's a solid PvE weapon, but it took double the time to kill someone in PvP with the Suros-esque ADS perk...

[image]

The Hand Cannon:
[image]

Pulse Rifle:
[image]

*Video* Sword-wielder's Perspective

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, January 23, 2015, 09:17 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNSDNT9Hod0

Pretty sure I nearly wiped us twice here- I need to figure out a better escape strategy after the first sword.

But you make it look so easy!

by Earendil, Friday, January 23, 2015, 09:45 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

I suppose I'm a Crota noob, but I didn't know you could go at him 3 times in a sword session. Very nice.

But you make it look so easy!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 23, 2015, 09:58 (3393 days ago) @ Earendil

Apparently it's possible. I bet you have to be there RIGHT when he goes down, though. Like the rest of their strategy, it required good timing. Like how that Titan bubble was conveniently right there for him to escape into each time.

You can even hit 4

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:18 (3393 days ago) @ Earendil

If you're a godlike Hunter with Raid boots, that is.

*Video* Sword-wielder's Perspective

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 23, 2015, 10:06 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

Nicely done! I'm going to post this on DestinyRaider.net, if that's cool with you.

By the way, you missed me running the sword on normal mode last night. It went surprisingly well, except when Crota walked off his platform and chased me down into the corner under the boomers, then proceeded to chase the rest of the group all the way around the back to the deathsinger's room.

Oh Crota, you so silly :)

Did anybody take a video of that?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, January 23, 2015, 10:09 (3393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 23, 2015, 10:35 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

I got him chasing me off the ledge, not sure about his little detour around the back. I'll check tonight.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 23, 2015, 10:40 (3393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I have it on the PS4. I'll figure out how to share it today after I edit it down.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:13 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

Turns out I was wrong. I saved video of it happening to me, not to Cruel. But, here is is anyway
(Sorry if all the compositing and editing nonsense offends. this was the first time I've had a reason to mess around in FCP X so I was using it as an opportunity to learn how to do whatever came to mind.)

Crota warped up and killed a mess of us at the end.

*Video* Shooter's perspective...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 11:11 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

I often question my own sanity and attention span when watching my gameplay videos...
Those minutes were tense. I'm not sure that kind of prolonged anxiety is healthy, but boy was it worth it... Normal Crota Flawless Raider looks more and more viable after this run...

Crikey

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:19 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

Smooth, like butter. You guys make that look so. freakin. easy.

I'm sort of surprised how quickly the Swordbearer went down. If you chill out in the side rooms while Crota's on the right/left, does the Swordbearer always stick next to the Chalice pedestal, or was that lucky?

Crikey

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:33 (3393 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm sort of surprised how quickly the Swordbearer went down. If you chill out in the side rooms while Crota's on the right/left, does the Swordbearer always stick next to the Chalice pedestal, or was that lucky?

That last hotfix changed the scripting so that the sword-bearer waits until you run out of the hallway before spawning. Now the encounter "clock" that governs when stuff spawns or Crota moves doesn't start until you leave. This gave us a chance to heal, use synths, etc. before we ran out.

As for the swordbearer himself, we had more than a couple runs where he wouldn't co-operate and I had to jump down and lure him towards us. We got lucky with this run.

Yeah, that's what I thought

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:43 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

That last hotfix changed the scripting so that the sword-bearer waits until you run out of the hallway before spawning. Now the encounter "clock" that governs when stuff spawns or Crota moves doesn't start until you leave. This gave us a chance to heal, use synths, etc. before we ran out.

I appreciate that I have a consistent marker for starting my timer now. I hit "start" when the Swordbearer's door opens and everything is very predictable.

As for the swordbearer himself, we had more than a couple runs where he wouldn't co-operate and I had to jump down and lure him towards us. We got lucky with this run.

I figured as much. It certainly helps with timing to have him drop the sword right next to the pedestal. I'm looking forward to trying this strategy with the Xbox crew.

Yeah, that's what I thought

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:54 (3393 days ago) @ Beorn

I didn't realize the sword bearer part but the strategy of the middle is what I was trying to get across, as I thought we spent too much time running up the sides.

Crikey

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:53 (3393 days ago) @ Beorn

Keep in mind you're not seeing the 4+ hours over two nights (on Crota alone) of failure. We had a handful of runs where we got him to a hit or two left. In any case - most of those 4+ hours looked a lot like this except with one or two very minor screw-ups that led to a team wipe.

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 23, 2015, 09:45 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

Congrats you guys!

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Friday, January 23, 2015, 11:05 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

Congrats!

CC

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 23, 2015, 15:23 (3393 days ago) @ CyberKN

Great job!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread