So about that sword despawn... (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 23, 2015, 19:11 (3383 days ago)
edited by someotherguy, Friday, January 23, 2015, 19:17

3 times last night we had Crota. Everyone in position, swordcarrier primed, ogres dead. Victory was a sure thing. Only one more hurdle: getting the Swordbearer to cooperate. All too often he runs off doing his own thing and we wipe.

Then we kill him. We've done it. Crota is dead (barring any weird boomer-related shenanigans).

Then the sword despawns.

3 times tonight we were cheated out of beating Hard Mode Crota's end (5-man, no less!). Not by screwups or unlucky Cursed Thralls, or boomers, or greedy swordcarriers. But by Bungie.

Does anyone know what causes this? We killed him away from the stairs, we had fully green connections, we had zero lag. I have no idea what happened. Would love to know so we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Still, at least we couldn't cheese the bridge (we have never cheesed the bridge). Thanks Bungie.

EDIT: Damn right I'm salty. Yes, we failed a number of attempts due to other things. This isnt the only reason we ever fail. But it's the only reason that's out of our control. Our strategy is sound, our skill level is sound. We're not world first level, but we should have beaten it 3 times by now.

Obviously if someone can give me a 100% repeatable, preventable explanation, I'll take it all back. But as far as we can tell there isn't one.

Nasty bugs

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 23, 2015, 20:54 (3383 days ago) @ someotherguy

3 times last night we had Crota. Everyone in position, swordcarrier primed, ogres dead. Victory was a sure thing. Only one more hurdle: getting the Swordbearer to cooperate. All too often he runs off doing his own thing and we wipe.
Then we kill him. We've done it. Crota is dead (barring any weird boomer-related shenanigans).
Then the sword despawns.

When this happens (or any other weird glitches, like Crota standing when he's supposed to be kneeling!), we generally go to orbit and come back. The raid instance seems to become unstable after a while and weird stuff starts happening. Once we come back from orbit, everything goes a lot more smoothly.

This happens a bunch in the Vault, too. Atheon started doing the teleport-and-supress business, the Minotaur on Right side wouldn't die, just weird stuff. We orbited, came back, and finished it on try #2.

Nasty bugs

by Kahzgul, Sunday, January 25, 2015, 01:44 (3382 days ago) @ Beorn

The raids are super buggy. Have you had Crota melee kill people across the map yet? Or the oversoul appear when no one was dead (and I don't mean the hardmode trigger or the enrage)? Spent 10 minutes killing things after Ir'Yut died before loot got handed out? Had thralls and boomers continue to spawn after killing Crota? What about Atheon teleporting only 2 people? Or you walking through a teleporter and just ending up on the other side of it rather than having been teleported?

You can describe basically anything in Destiny by saying it's both the best and the worst. Raids are the best designed encounters and the worst buggy things in Destiny.

Nasty bugs

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, January 25, 2015, 09:33 (3382 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Spent 10 minutes killing things after Ir'Yut died before loot got handed out?

I think that's intentional. It has happened every single time I ran Crota's End. Has anyone ever got it as soon as Ir Yut died?

Or you walking through a teleporter and just ending up on the other side of it rather than having been teleported?

This annoys me so goddamn much. Especially when my friends are completely blinded and can't tell whether they're in or not.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread