Soloing the bridge in hard mode is so much FUN! (Destiny)

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, January 26, 2015, 12:17 (3381 days ago)

Why is it so much fun? Because every other single player activity in Destiny is easy.

Soloing the bridge is like a punishing NES platformer. Make the slightest mistake? Die. Figuring out the strategy and slowly getting better and better executing is very rewarding. I've spent about 10 hours perfecting my hunter method, have unsuccessfully run it 50+ times, but am not sweating reset... I got this tonight for sure!

Deaths:

• Failed swinging-sword jump - 25
  • Swordbearer - 15
  • Fell off rocks into gap* - 15
  • Thrall - 10
  • Ogre* - 5
  • Exploding thrall* - 3
  • Annihilator totem - 3
  • Fell into gap - 2
  • Rocket* - 2
  • Wizard* - 1
  • Fell off the giant spawn tower - 1
  • Tripmine Grenade - 1

*Extra painful deaths (having already completed the swinging-sword jump and killed many of the adds on the other side)

I haven't shared my exact strategy because developing it has been 3/4 of the fun (I watched pre/post patch, NM/HM videos and took bits that suited my character). Know that it can be done and figure out how your character can do it!

Couple tips/comments:
1. If you're going to sword-swing jump, despawning thralls is a waste of time. Using 2-3 minutes despawning adds up when it might take you 50 runs.
2. You don't have to sword-swing jump. You can solo create the bridge.
3. The in-game rewards for this are not worth the effort. The journey is the reward here.

Soloing the bridge in hard mode is so much FUN!

by Kahzgul, Monday, January 26, 2015, 12:25 (3381 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

That's pretty cool. Good luck!

by Ouranje ⌂, Dallas, TX, Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:48 (3381 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I can solo the abyss in no time at ALL, but I tried for an hour the other night to solo the Bridge encounter, and I have no idea how to even begin. Good luck doing it in hard mode!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, January 26, 2015, 13:58 (3381 days ago) @ Ouranje

I can solo the abyss in no time at ALL, but I tried for an hour the other night to solo the Bridge encounter, and I have no idea how to even begin. Good luck doing it in hard mode!

its hard to describe, but there are vids out there. its possible to sword fly across from the far right side. you go at about a 45 degree angle, and when you are over the flames in the center (where the bridge would be, if you built it), you turn right and keep sword flying. if you make it across, kill the gatekeeper, then hide behind the short stocky lamp post on the left side.

once you see a vid, it all makes sense. you could also climb to the top of the map, to force everything but the sword bearer to despawn, then build the bridge by moving back and forth across the plate. walk across, pause for a split second, walk back across. it till build really slow, and the totems will be constantly glowing red, but you should never be on it enough to wipe. it will start to deconstruct as you are running across, so when you get half way, just jump up and sword fly the rest of the way.

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, January 26, 2015, 14:29 (3381 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

The bridge building was too time consuming (and annoying for me).

I fly from the left tower that gives you some height and is also a little into the gap. You have to do a little zig-zag when flying to avoid a kill zone across the center of the gap.

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, January 26, 2015, 14:32 (3381 days ago) @ Ouranje

I definitely banged my head against the wall for a while at first. Things started clicking once I learned how to kill the swordbearer efficiently (I can now tell you exactly where he's going once he starts walking down the stairs). Once you've got that down (thank you zur for that Icebreaker!) you can learn to fly.

You can still sword-fly?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, January 26, 2015, 18:46 (3380 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I thought Bungie patched it so that you have to build the bridge now?

You can still sword-fly?

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 02:00 (3380 days ago) @ someotherguy

There is a big invisible barrier across the center of the gap that kills you if you touch it. However, there's a pretty big hole near where the bridge forms. So you've gotta thread the needle.

IMG

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 06:34 (3380 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

[image]

Found a generic pic online, and I MSpainted it. There is a ledge to the far right that you get up on with the sword. I've only done this with a Warlock, but i think you can do it with other classes.

you run and jump, and at the highest point of your jump, you start sword flying. once you are over the "bridge," you turn right and keep going.

IMG

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:54 (3379 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

[image]

Found a generic pic online, and I MSpainted it. There is a ledge to the far right that you get up on with the sword. I've only done this with a Warlock, but i think you can do it with other classes.

you run and jump, and at the highest point of your jump, you start sword flying. once you are over the "bridge," you turn right and keep going.

You can do it from the left side to, on the platform to the left. Even with the turn, my titan can easily do it (with raid boots). I actually have a really hard time without the boots though. It's hard for Hunters though.

"Even [...] my titan"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:14 (3379 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Dude, it's like the Titan was made for these weird jumps.

SUCCESS!

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 09:18 (3380 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread