On Armour, Light-Levels and Uniqueness (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 18:22 (3395 days ago)
edited by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 18:26

We all know one of the problems caused by light-levels being directly linked to pieces of armour is that maxed/level 32 characters of the same class essentially all look the same. Everyone is "forced" to don the same pieces of raid gear.

I assume Bungie intends to keep it so that people have to do the raids to get max light and achieve 32. And I assume they will not completely remove the huge catalogue of currencies they have so far. In keeping with that, I propose the following:

- Any Legendary gear can be upgraded to max light level.
- Raid-themed gear still only drops in associated raids as "cool loot"with it's funky raid-themed talents.
- All Legendary Gear and Weapons can be progressed with XP and upgraded to a certain point using glimmer and/or planetary mats. Get rid of Ascendent shards and energy - they just suck.
- Max your light level on the last node of ANY Legendary or above gear with a radiant shard/energy; these now only drop on Raid completion. Exotic shards should be ditched too - because they need not exist.

So, now any legendary pice of gear can be upgraded to get you to level 32 and less characters will be wearing the exact same get-ups (I am now a special snowflake).

Note - this is very rough; thought of it last night while ranting with a mate about a bunch of small niggles in Destiny and I am now quickly typing it up at work. So feel free to comment and tear it all apart.

Or we could just have transmog

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 22:11 (3395 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

- No text -

On Armour, Light-Levels and Uniqueness

by Durandal, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 06:12 (3394 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

If each raid gave gear to the same level, then it wouldn't be much of an issue. You could have people wearing which ever raid set they like.

Transmog just hides the issue that there really is only one set of max level gear at any time, and the in game gear is really visually very similar anyway.

Rather then raising levels they should just make raid gear very specialized to each opponent with unique talents that help in raid and in PVE overall.

Of course people wouldn't be so hot to raid then, or would they???

Also, there should be a PVP version of raid gear that is equally specialized to PVP and crucible. With bonuses like more super after guardian kills and faster control cap time when taking damage.

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:21 (3394 days ago) @ Durandal

Also, there should be a PVP version of raid gear that is equally specialized to PVP and crucible. With bonuses like more super after guardian kills and faster control cap time when taking damage.

100 times this. It annoys me to no end that the best PvP gear comes from raids.

Also, if you're consistently awesome in PvP, why don't you ever get better rewards? The only exotics I've gotten in PvP were when I sucked ballsack. Like, 0.36 KD ballsack. And I got a Suros for it. When I get a 7.0 KD, I get nothing. Not even a mote of light.

I'd really, really like to see some feedback rewards for PvP. I wouldn't link it directly to KD ratio (rewards camping and conservative play instead of aggression), but maybe points per game? Medals earned per game? Something like that.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:44 (3394 days ago) @ Kahzgul

100 times this. It annoys me to no end that the best PvP gear comes from raids.

Also, if you're consistently awesome in PvP, why don't you ever get better rewards? The only exotics I've gotten in PvP were when I sucked ballsack. Like, 0.36 KD ballsack. And I got a Suros for it. When I get a 7.0 KD, I get nothing. Not even a mote of light.

Heh. Sort of seems like Bungie was saying "hey, wow, you need help, try this Suros" and "7.0 KD? You're good enough on your own - we'll give goodies to those who really need 'em."

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:36 (3394 days ago) @ Durandal

I was thinking about this this morning. I think Factions should be able to re-forge top-light-level gear to change appearance and some stats/perks. Possibly only with Crucible gear?

This would give the factions a reason to exist, and give guardians a sort of tribalism as they would literally wear the faction alliances on their sleeve.

Allegiance on your sleeve

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 15:51 (3394 days ago) @ Vortech

Isn't that what the faction class items are for? :p

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread