Bungie considered a lot of genres

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 18, 2013, 13:17 (4029 days ago)

OXM has a small article online talking about the different genres that Bungie considered and why they chose what they call "Mythic Science Fiction"

You can read it here.

Explains the capes and cloaks.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, March 18, 2013, 13:58 (4029 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Mr Daax, Monday, March 18, 2013, 14:07

Most excellent! There is a link in that article to this one. Mind still being blown.

" The swamps of old Chicago. What once was a 12 story window in a skyscraper is now a doorway to a dungeon buried deep beneath the snow.....There's a lot of surreal fantastic places...giant Obsidian Pyramid ships and Tomb Ships, their dungeons, and the dark secrets they contain."

ERMAHGERSH!!!

edit: I just noticed that this article is a few weeks old. How did I miss this!?!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, March 18, 2013, 15:41 (4028 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Most excellent! There is a link in that article to this one. Mind still being blown.

" The swamps of old Chicago. What once was a 12 story window in a skyscraper is now a doorway to a dungeon buried deep beneath the snow.....There's a lot of surreal fantastic places...giant Obsidian Pyramid ships and Tomb Ships, their dungeons, and the dark secrets they contain."

ERMAHGERSH!!!

edit: I just noticed that this article is a few weeks old. How did I miss this!?!

Yeah, this rules.

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, March 18, 2013, 15:44 (4028 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Great article. Am I the only one whose first time hearing of the five factions was from this? When were they revealed?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, March 18, 2013, 16:12 (4028 days ago) @ rliebherr

I think the names were copyrighted by Bungie a couple years ago, but I don't know if Bungie ever explicitly revealed that they were the names for in game factions.

This

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, March 18, 2013, 16:33 (4028 days ago) @ Mr Daax

And the shirts.

We've been spotting the shirts since before the O Brave New World ViDoc.

Maybe they should sell capes in the Bungie store :-)

by scarab @, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 02:38 (4028 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Maybe they should sell capes in the Bungie store :-)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 06:27 (4028 days ago) @ scarab

Their legal counsel would advise not to, citing liability concerns. ;)

Avid jet intakes, revolving doors, etc.

by scarab @, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 07:16 (4028 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Missile fins, vortexes, snagging on takeoff...

by Quirel, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:15 (4028 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 18, 2013, 22:41 (4028 days ago) @ Mr Daax

ERMAHGERSH!!!

Yeah. Can't believe nobody, me included, saw this sooner. I see they mentioned Charlemagne again (or for the first time rather) and I wonder if he / it wasn't included in the last mail sack because nobody noticed the oxm article. I get the feeling that the mail sacks are "just" highly conversational weekly updates. They have silly questions and answers but I think they also have specific information to get across, like Charlemagne, or the description of taking on the fallen warrior earlier. Not that I'm complaining. I find it far more pleasant than the week after week of [redacted] teases the Weekly updates sometimes became.

by Wakko45, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 08:45 (4028 days ago) @ Mr Daax

ERMAHGERSH!!!

Must. Go to. Chicago. Seriously though, that sounds awesome. I wonder what kinds of enemies we should expect to see in a dungeon here on Earth. Rebel human factions? Mutated animals? Aliens that have slipped by the Traveler? Settings like these though, no matter the enemy, I expect to be amazing.

Can't wait.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, March 18, 2013, 14:08 (4029 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

~M

That's beautiful...

by Quirel, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:17 (4028 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Hope they're still considering a FMV light gun game.

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, March 18, 2013, 14:18 (4029 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Only in the SNES version.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 18, 2013, 14:57 (4029 days ago) @ biggy

- No text -

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, March 18, 2013, 15:46 (4028 days ago) @ Xenos

OXM has a small article online talking about the different genres that Bungie considered and why they chose what they call "Mythic Science Fiction"

You can read it here.

Explains the capes and cloaks.

Soo pretty much "we love science fiction, but we also love capes," and Destiny was born.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 18, 2013, 15:51 (4028 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Soo pretty much "we love science fiction, but we also love capes," and Destiny was born.

More like "We're sick of super-armor."

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, March 18, 2013, 21:43 (4028 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I love capes too, but you know what I'd really like to see?

A worn leather duster...

[image]

Awww, hells yeah!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 00:16 (4028 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Does it come in gray?

by Quirel, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:22 (4028 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

If so, I've got an idea for a clan...

[image]

by Dax01, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 04:24 (4028 days ago) @ Xenos

I eventually want a platformer from Bungie.

What, Abuse didn't do it for you?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 07:03 (4028 days ago) @ Dax01

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 08:34 (4028 days ago) @ Malagate

A second try on an abuse style run and gun would be amazing. Abuse had some serious flaws, plus in the modern world dual thumbsticks would rock for the control scheme. Left is move, right is aim. You've got 4 buttons on top for everything you need to do.

Also, Abuse was only published by Bungie.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:46 (4028 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A second try on an abuse style run and gun would be amazing. Abuse had some serious flaws, plus in the modern world dual thumbsticks would rock for the control scheme. Left is move, right is aim. You've got 4 buttons on top for everything you need to do.

Also, Abuse was only published by Bungie.

Yeah, it'd be a great arcade title.

I don't know what that is.

by Dax01, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 18:09 (4027 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

I don't know what that is.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 18:18 (4027 days ago) @ Dax01

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread