Destiny Piano Arrangement- Video of Me and Sheet Music (Destiny)

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 05:39 (3370 days ago)
edited by LadyDesiree, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 06:38

YouTube Video of Piano Arrangement Destiny

Hi all,

I hope it is okay to post this here! If not, I'm so sorry and please feel free to delete!

Because I am OBSESSED with the music from Destiny, I scoured the internet to find the sheet music for one of my favorite themes, it plays while you are in Orbit and the track is called "Excerpt from the Ecstasy." I couldn't find the sheet music anywhere, so I decided to try to make one of my own by ear. What I ended up writing down was pretty bare bones but I do have the chord symbols written above each measure. I hope those of you that read music will enjoy playing it. I also apologize if the hand writing is hard to read (by the way, the last chord is only B-flat and F, no middle note, decided against it!). If you have any trouble reading it, please let me know. Here are the images for the two pages:
http://imgur.com/PE54KSb
http://imgur.com/9mPERnu

And here is a link to the recording of my arrangement. I embellished a lot as I went along playing, so it is not entirely what is written. I hope you like it. It was just posted about a day ago and has gotten good views, it has been so encouraging that I am going to try record more, because I just LOVE doing it (I'm a piano teacher, so it's sort of my thing!). http://youtu.be/x4gWoaFdPNI

And last, I do like to write originals (and I have some covers) with vocals. My vibe is very singer-songwriter indie. So if that is your think you can check it out here: http://www.reverbnation.com/desireebowen

I really don't like self promoting, so I'm sorry if this is obnoxious, but this is also my life and I have to get it out there so others can enjoy. So I hope you forgive me and do enjoy it, and please, please share or like or tweet @desireebowen if you feel so inclined :)

Thank you!!

LadyDesiree (Xbox1, Level 28 Hunter)

Very Cool!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 08:00 (3370 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

- No text -

Very Cool!

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 08:32 (3370 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Thank you :)

I Needed That

by RevDotNed, B'creek, Ohio, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 08:11 (3370 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

Beautiful arrangement.

Thanks for sharing!

I Needed That

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 08:32 (3370 days ago) @ RevDotNed

Aw thanks so much! Glad you liked it :)

This gives me a reason to relearn reading sheet music

by ckamp, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 08:34 (3370 days ago) @ RevDotNed

That was quite beautiful. Thanks for posting.

This gives me a reason to relearn reading sheet music

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:19 (3370 days ago) @ ckamp

Thank you ckamp! :)

Destiny Piano Arrangement- Video of Me and Sheet Music

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:50 (3370 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

Yeah, I'll be printing this out for my wife to play for me! :-)

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:19 (3370 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Haha, very good!! :)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:06 (3370 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

I hope it is okay to post this here! If not, I'm so sorry and please feel free to delete!

No worries, you're definitely in the right place. I thought the piece was very well-done, and if you do any others I'd like to hear them!

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:21 (3370 days ago) @ stabbim

Thank you stabbim! I got a pretty good response and I absolutely LOVED the whole process, so I'm definitely going to do more. I'm either going to do "Guardian" or "The Traveler" next, hopefully will come up with an arrangement and record this weekend!

Well done!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:46 (3369 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

Very cool to hear it on piano. I could (mentally) hear the string section and the sound of my ship taking off from the game as I listened to your arrangement.

Well done!

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:11 (3369 days ago) @ BeardFade

Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it :)

Nice work!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 05:44 (3369 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

- No text -

Nice work!

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 08:38 (3369 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Thank you!

Wow, really awesome!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:04 (3369 days ago) @ LadyDesiree

- No text -

Wow, really awesome!

by LadyDesiree ⌂, Florida, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 08:38 (3369 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Thank you :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread