Why can't this happen every Nightfall? :-p (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:02 (3393 days ago)

[image]

Tell me about it

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:05 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Three weeks in a row, nothing but shards/energy/strange coins on all of my characters.

Tell me about it

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:06 (3393 days ago) @ Beorn

Three weeks in a row, nothing but shards/energy/strange coins on all of my characters.

This week was pretty good. 11 coins, and two exotics I needed to upgrade from Xur. Still no hawkmoon.

I wish they were

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:08 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm the only member of my raid to get an exotic from Nightfall this week. Last week, no one in my raid group got an exotic. The week before, only two of us got one.

All three exotics that dropped in the last 3 weeks for members of my raid group were Hard Light.

I'd like to trade two Hard Lights for a Gjallerhorn, please!

Lol.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:07 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You ran with Ourange and didn't get a Hawkmoon.

I got Skull of Ahamkara, Alpha Lupi chest (that I was planning to upgrade), and... 12 coins...
Meanwhile, Cruel got Jack, Squat, and a 4th Horseman...

Nightfall rewards be weird... But I can understand them not throwing three exotics at you every week on top of Raid drops.

Lol.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:09 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

You ran with Ourange and didn't get a Hawkmoon.

I got Skull of Ahamkara, Alpha Lupi chest (that I was planning to upgrade), and... 12 coins...
Meanwhile, Cruel got Jack, Squat, and a 4th Horseman...

Nightfall rewards be weird... But I can understand them not throwing three exotics at you every week on top of Raid drops.

Speaking of raid rewards, I just got my 8th No Land beyond from he Deathsinger. Literally the 8th. This game apparently does not like me dismantling them and insists I have one.

RNG Gods have turned against me

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:34 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

It's gotten to the point where I'll actually be surprised if I ever get anything decent ever again (;p)

No new weapons from Crota's End since getting the Fusion Rifle 3 weeks ago.

No new weapons from VoG for over a month... got my Gjallarhorn from the chest 5 weeks ago, then finally got the VoG Machine Gun a couple days ago. Nothing but shards and mythoclasts in between (sorry, speedracer).

This week I did get 2 exotics from 3 nightfalls, so that's pretty good. They weren't the ones I was hoping for, but that's neither here nor there.

My wish list is getting pretty short.

Hawkmoon
Monte Carlo
Black Hammer
Vision of Confluence
2 more Gjallarhorns
Crota armor to get my Hunter & Titan to level 32.

That's the thing about RNG... the more stuff you already have, the tougher it is to get the few remaining things you want. Oh well, good problem to have, right?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:49 (3393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Black Hammer

Black Hammer is an amazing amazing sniper. I hope you get it.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:07 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Black Hammer

Same here :) I like having legendary alternatives to my favorite exotics. When I'm not using an exotic primary, I use Fatebringer. When I'm not using Gjallarhorn, I use Hunger of Crota. I want Black Hammer because it seems like a great alternative to Icebreaker (I'm using LDR right now, and it's quite good).

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:36 (3393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Black Hammer

Same here :) I like having legendary alternatives to my favorite exotics. When I'm not using an exotic primary, I use Fatebringer. When I'm not using Gjallarhorn, I use Hunger of Crota. I want Black Hammer because it seems like a great alternative to Icebreaker (I'm using LDR right now, and it's quite good).

Black Hammer is my first CE weapon, but when I got it I already had my LDR, and maybe it's cause I suck at snipers, but I like my LDR better because of the bigger clip.

Nothing is worse than that feeling of: I got two precision shots, I had better get that last one or I have to wait 5 minutes to reload this thing. Most of the time I just stick with a shotgun to the face (there is a reason why I'm a titan)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 18:10 (3393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't know if it's the scope or what, but I can't get along with the Black Hammer. It's great for Hydras, Ogres and yellow Knights because of their gigantic heads, but other than that I always stick to my LDR (Outlaw, Field Scout, Performance Bonus).

This

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:10 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Those poor, poor Strike bosses...

I got some Munky Giggles

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:45 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

Watching Slycrel get blasted 4 times in a row by those thrall-bombs that come out of the hallway door was almost worth an exotic drop. It certainly would have been if I had it on tape.

I got some Munky Giggles

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:28 (3393 days ago) @ dogcow

Watching Slycrel get blasted 4 times in a row by those thrall-bombs that come out of the hallway door was almost worth an exotic drop. It certainly would have been if I had it on tape.

Oh don't worry, I did.

+1, would watch again!

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 14:07 (3393 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

It does...

by petetheduck, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:09 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

...No one got Gjallarhorn

If you want a gjallahoorn...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:12 (3393 days ago) @ petetheduck

...just jump in on one of my solo nightfall runs right as I complete it. Guaranteed drop ;)

If you want a gjallahoorn...got Hard Light!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:21 (3393 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I had that affect on people too.

this is a tried and true method.

by ckamp, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:33 (3393 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Mental note: keep tabs at banana at all times

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:39 (3393 days ago) @ ckamp

- No text -

Why can't this happen every Nightfall? :-p

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:26 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've received exactly one exotic from Nightfalls, and it was Gjallarhorn the week before TDB dropped. I'm not even mad!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:32 (3393 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I've received exactly one exotic from Nightfalls, and it was Gjallarhorn the week before TDB dropped. I'm not even mad!

I got my first and only Gjallarhorn on my first nightfall run back in the fall. Not mad either.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:40 (3393 days ago) @ Kermit

I got my first and only Gjallarhorn on my first nightfall run back in the fall. Not mad either.

There are exotics, and then there are EXOTICS. Once you get a Gjallarhorn, nothing else seems to matter as much :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:50 (3393 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

There are exotics, and then there are EXOTICS. Once you get a Gjallarhorn, nothing else seems to matter as much :)

I'd say Hawkmoon is more EXOTIC. Xur's never sold one! Gjallarhorn was sold ONCE!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:13 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd say Hawkmoon is more EXOTIC. Xur's never sold one! Gjallarhorn was sold ONCE!

I've got 50 strange coins set aside in my vault for the day Xur sells Gjallarhorn again (so I can buy 2 more).

I want a Hawkmoon as well, but I rarely use exotics in the primary slot, so I don't feel like I *need* it as badly. I'd eventually like to have Hawkmoon, Last Word, and Thorn split up across my 3 characters (right now I've got thorn and 2 last words). I want to do the same with the Auto Rifles: 1 character with Suros Regime, another with Hard Light, and the 3rd with Monte Carlo (right now I've got 1 suros and 2 hard lights).

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:40 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Every nightfall? How many Hard Lights do you need?

You Just Have To Stop Caring!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 05:55 (3393 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do you know why I do Nightfalls in the first place?

Burns. That's all I care about. That, and having fun chattin' with my fireteam. When you expect nothing, you'll always be overjoyed at what you get. It's supposed to be a wild and enjoyable challenge. It's about fun. Although, I do wish I could do it more than once--that could help.

Meh.

Well...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:04 (3393 days ago) @ Morpheus

If burns and fun is all you care about, you can certainly do it more than once...

Assuming

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 19:57 (3392 days ago) @ ZackDark

That you can find anyone else willing to do it again, or who still need to do it at all that week.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 07:23 (3392 days ago) @ Morpheus

When you expect nothing, you'll always be overjoyed at what you get.

You get it. I was saying this exact thing last night to some folks.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:37 (3392 days ago) @ Morpheus

This. I tend to look at it mainly as an XP boost for the week, since that part is guaranteed provided you finish (and, I think, worth it on its own simply due to the time it will save you leveling things up). Anything else that happens to drop is just a bonus.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread