Fireteam builder request (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:29 (3375 days ago)

The problem:

At a glance an activity looks as if it is full when in reality most players are tentative.

A solution:

Somehow indicate whether an activity has reached its cap in the number of non-tentative responses. Perhaps make the first number bold if you've reached the cap. That's just a thought, though.

Suggestion

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:49 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

Have both the number of tentatives and confirmed show up on the fraction.

Example: you have 4 tentatives and 4 confirmed

4+4/6

Suggestion

by petetheduck, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 09:51 (3375 days ago) @ ZackDark

4+4/6

4/6[4]

Suggestion

by Earendil, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:19 (3375 days ago) @ petetheduck

Example: you have 4 tentative and 4 confirmed

4+4/6

4/6[4]

I like the first suggestion as an obvious visual description.
4 + 4 /6
This states to me that there are two types of signed up players. Since I've used the builder before, I know that the two types of signups are all-in and tentative.

4/6[4]
I believe is less intuative, because the [4] is associated with the total number instead of the signup number. I would look at that and wonder how/why the total could be adjusted or modified.

(4+4)/6 ?

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:22 (3375 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

Sure :) [nt]

by Earendil, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:27 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

Suggestion

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 11:44 (3375 days ago) @ ZackDark

4+4/6

I like this.

This would be good.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 10:48 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

If I look at the two signups I started this week, it looks like I have more than enough people. Opening them up shows that I'm 1 short on each for having people who have committed. It would be nice to see that at a glance and not have the possibility of new comitted signups shying away because of the number of tentative signups.

Updated!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:30 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

You'll probably need to refresh (or Shift-refresh) a couple of times to pull the new CSS doc.

Cool!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:42 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

Not all of the entries are putting the confirmed number in bold yet, though

Right

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:46 (3375 days ago) @ ZackDark

Not all of the entries are putting the confirmed number in bold yet, though

Events that have met their quota (including custom events without player counts) do not have bold numbers. I can see how this might be confusing. Should confirmed always be bold?

Right

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:51 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

I think, at least on the number part, confirmed should always be differentiated from tentatives. Maybe have the event itself displayed differently when the quota is met?

Right

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:20 (3375 days ago) @ ZackDark

I think, at least on the number part, confirmed should always be differentiated from tentatives. Maybe have the event itself displayed differently when the quota is met?

Now that I see it, I don't know if we need bold.

If you have only tentatives, does it show up as (0+2)/6?

Yes

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:21 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Removed bolding

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:31 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

Now that I see it, I don't know if we need bold.

Agreed. I think it was making things too cluttered.

good call, the gray tentatives looks great.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:37 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Nice!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:46 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Updated!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:17 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

You'll probably need to refresh (or Shift-refresh) a couple of times to pull the new CSS doc.

Great! You might want to adjust the sizing. Tentatives are showing up a bit large.

Updated!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:21 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

Great! You might want to adjust the sizing. Tentatives are showing up a bit large.

That's what I meant by refreshing. ;-) Your client hasn't grabbed the updated stylesheet yet. If you hold Shift while reloading the page a couple times, that usually does the trick. If you're using Chrome, it can be overly-sticky, but it'll get the message eventually.

Updated!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:27 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

Excellent job, Beorn!

Thanks, much better!

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 14:10 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Fireteam builder request

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 12:53 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

Ha, Im almost always one of the tentatives, so I was thinking this too. Quick turnaround guys :)

Fireteam builder request

by Warbow, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:34 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

Why in "Blue's Friday Night VoG Cryathon" is ChrisTheeCrappy grayed when he is not Tentative?

Good catch

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:45 (3375 days ago) @ Warbow

Why in "Blue's Friday Night VoG Cryathon" is ChrisTheeCrappy grayed when he is not Tentative?

It's because he was 7th, which is more than the cap of 6 for the event. Originally, the first 6 RSVPs (or 3 for Strikes) were black, and then everything afterward was dimmed. Those rules should have gone away when I added "Tentative" RSVPs, but they stuck around because I hadn't noticed (the Admin view is a little different than what everyone else sees). Thanks for the heads-up; I've fixed it now.

Good catch

by Warbow, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:46 (3375 days ago) @ Beorn

Very cool, I wish the programmers I hire worked that fast.

Fireteam builder request

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 13:54 (3375 days ago) @ Warbow

Well, he is a little shady.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread