Dynamic Music (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:31 (3373 days ago)

I never noticed consciously until now, but during the Crota right, the music will dynamically change and become really epic when you pick up the sword and start attacking Crota.

Really cool, and I wish more video games had situational music that transitioned like this. I'm curious how much of Marty's stuff is in Dark Below, and how much will be in House of Wolves.

so good

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:54 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's the music from the Dark Below cinematic trailer, and I think it's my favorite music in Destiny. Certainly sounds like Marty to me. And yes, I also love the way it kicks in as soon as the sword gets picked up. Creates a great sense of drama around the moment.

Dynamic Music

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:59 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Video games have had dynamic music since Dark Forces (star wars FPS) on the PC waaaaay back when. It's practically a must-have for a modern AAA title. The fact that you didn't notice it til now means they've done a good job of underscoring the action without overplaying their hand.

Dynamic Music

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:04 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I never noticed consciously until now, but during the Crota right, the music will dynamically change and become really epic when you pick up the sword and start attacking Crota.

Wait, really? You never picked up on that?

That's the best way to tell how long you have left with the sword.

Dynamic Music

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:16 (3373 days ago) @ CyberKN

Wait, really? You never picked up on that?

That's the best way to tell how long you have left with the sword.

Between this, the pillars during the Atheon fight, and [other instances I can't remember off the top of my head right now] - it's probably safe to say that Cody isn't the most observant member of our group. ;-)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread