What to buy from Vanguard (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:44 (3373 days ago)

I have vanguard marks and commendations burning a hole in my pocket. The only Vanguard weapons I have are Another NitC, and TFWPKY. Neither I really use.

Are there any other vanguard guns worth getting? I'm just looking for something that would fit in as a contingency in case I need a legendary in the slot instead of an exotic or something. I was thinking of the fusion rifle possibly, although I rarely use those in PvE.

Same thing for Crucible gear.

What to buy from Vanguard

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:47 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Up For Anything is good. Crazy range, good magazine size, good impact, and Persistance makes a noticable difference in landing headshots. It's got two of my favorite scopes (the first two in the tree, whatever they are called) as well.

If you use FR's, Plug one is a beast

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:49 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have vanguard marks and commendations burning a hole in my pocket. The only Vanguard weapons I have are Another NitC, and TFWPKY. Neither I really use.

Are there any other vanguard guns worth getting? I'm just looking for something that would fit in as a contingency in case I need a legendary in the slot instead of an exotic or something. I was thinking of the fusion rifle possibly, although I rarely use those in PvE.

It has the best perks I've seen on a Vendor roll. Slow charge time is compensated by the fact that it's basically a legendary plan C; huge range and impact with perks. But I understand you don't use AR's ;)

I hear LDR is nice too.

If you use FR's, Plug one is a beast

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:50 (3373 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I hear LDR is nice too.

Oh, I have two of those, one arc one void, and yes they are very good.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:06 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Up For Anything is a pretty decent autorifle. I don't use autorifles much, but when I do I tend to favor the slower-firing, heavy-hitting versions (like the old Shadow Price Vanguard rifle, or the Grim Citizen Crucible rifle). Up For Anything isn't quite as slow and stable as those, but of the current crop of autorifles it's the closest I've seen.

LDR 5001 is a very good sniper rifle (and I don't even like sniper rifles, generally). I have one that's arc, like the vendor sells, but it was a drop so the perks are different. The one the vendor sells actually has armor piercing rounds, which would be very useful even if the gun generally sucked (which it doesn't).

None of the others really jumped out at me. The stats on Plug One:1 actually look pretty good, but I'm not sure it's worth spending marks on a solar fusion rifle when you probably already got a Murmur for free. I have a Time on Target pulse rifle but honestly it seems pretty meh to me. It didn't really do acceptable damage until I maxed it.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:33 (3373 days ago) @ stabbim

I really like my Do Gooder V for both PVP and PVE because it started with Persistence and has the option of either Fitted Stock for PVP (29 mag) or for PVE I like the Field scout for a 56 mag because it chews through shots. It has pretty darn decent stability for its fire rate too. I would classify it as a between stable and auto fire AR.

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:46 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

LDR is great. I got "The Supremacy" from the queen's bounty way back when and the stats are almost identical -- much better than anything else pre-expansion overall. Same impact as icebreaker, better stability etc.

I got a plug.one as a drop and it's almost always a 1-shot kill in PvP, assuming I'm giving it a slight pre-charge time.

If you're into scout rifles, the badger is a decent option.

from the other vendors I've not used a ton of things... I'm missing my deviant gravity MG from dead orbit. It's got a high impact and a decent firing rate. The range perk helps a lot too. I'd prefer that over the against all odds that I have now.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:57 (3373 days ago) @ slycrel

from the other vendors I've not used a ton of things... I'm missing my deviant gravity MG from dead orbit. It's got a high impact and a decent firing rate. The range perk helps a lot too. I'd prefer that over the against all odds that I have now.

Deviant Gravity is a beast.

Vanguard = Buy LDR 5001

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 17:14 (3373 days ago) @ stabbim

If you have Vision of Confluence, buy 3 LDRs and skip the rest. It's great having LDR, Black Hammer, and Ice Breaker. Badger and Nitc are inferior to VoC.

The two guns you mentioned are from Crucible vendor, so I wonder if you meant to ask about Crucible. If so, I like Against All Odds (high impact/slow fire machine gun). Saterienne Rapier is fun with the explosions.

Against All Odds

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 17:16 (3373 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I've spent a lot of time with a random-drop version of Against All Odds--it was one of my first 331 weapons. I like it a lot.

Against All Odds

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, January 30, 2015, 00:38 (3373 days ago) @ marmot 1333

That's what I have as well -- from a drop. The clip size / max ammo size is just too small for me. IIRC it's 26 rounds per clip and 75 max ammo.

I was spoiled though, I had a deviant gravity with field scout, which brought it's ammo to 60 per clip. It also had 150 rounds max, fired slightly faster and had most of the impact that the against all odds has, so the damage was comparable. Also had range finder and the surplus perk, so I usually had plenty of ammo for it and the range was pretty good. Might have been some awesome perks making it better I guess, hard to say for sure. But it had a better feel IMO.

I think Cody said he wanted to know about all vendors.

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, January 30, 2015, 00:39 (3373 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 30, 2015, 01:20 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Another NITC is a good one to have--it might be best to wait and see what rotating perks are on there, though.

Up For Anything can kill anything.

LDR, I guess.

Secret Handshake is good too.

And if you can, get Harm's Way. Excellent Machine Gun.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread