Radiant Dance machines + MIDA (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:33 (3371 days ago)

Has anybody tried this? I HEARD that these two together basically make you outrageously fast, and in crucible really hard to hit while aiming your weapon!

Not sure why I didn't buy those boots from Xur that one time.

Radiant Dance machines + MIDA

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:49 (3371 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have both, but need to upgrade the boots. I'll report back when I get them ready.

Radiant Dance machines + MIDA

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:02 (3371 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Don't have MIDA yet, if I ever do, I'll test this out.

Doesn't have to be mida...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:26 (3371 days ago) @ BeardFade

There are several weapons that can grant you +2 agility, such as Icebreaker.

I also have a FWC shotty that has it.

So, check your inventory!

MIDA is more than just +2 Agility

by Hoovaloov, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:36 (3371 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It has Lightweight AND a special agility perk that stacks on top of Lightweight. It's noticeably faster than just a Lightweight gun, and when you go back to using any other gun, you feel like you're running through mud.

MIDA is more than just +2 Agility

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 17:12 (3371 days ago) @ Hoovaloov

It has Lightweight AND a special agility perk that stacks on top of Lightweight. It's noticeably faster than just a Lightweight gun, and when you go back to using any other gun, you feel like you're running through mud.

You sure? I've not noticed a difference when running with it and Icebreaker (but I can tell the difference when switching off those guns to a regular one)

Is yours Leveled up?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 20:29 (3371 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Is yours Leveled up?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 30, 2015, 04:10 (3371 days ago) @ unoudid

Yup.

Both are maxed. I've not perceived that there is a difference, but then again I can't equip both exoitcs at the same time to check haha

Try this

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:39 (3371 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Get a friend, sprint behind them, then switch to the appropriate gun to see if you catch them!

Try this

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:48 (3371 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Get a friend, sprint behind them, then switch to the appropriate gun to see if you catch them!

Oh I've done that already- For awhile the (soon)wife could not figure out why we'd both be sprinting, and I'd still run right by her.

The question NOW is am I running by her FASTER with MIDA than with IB....

Try this

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:04 (3371 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Because agility doesn't affect sprint speed, it only affects sub-sprint movement speed. Whereas MIDA's unique perk DOES.

As far as I'm aware, it's the only thing in the game outside of the Blade Dancer's "fleet footed" ability which can.

Clarification: MIDA boosts strafing/walking speed

by Hoovaloov, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:01 (3371 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I didn't make this clear, but MIDA doesn't really affect your sprinting speed. However, it significantly changes your strafing and walking speed. A Bladedancer walking with MIDA almost feels like sprinting. That's why it works so well with Radiant Dance Machines, you basically never slow down, even when ADS.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:07 (3371 days ago) @ Hoovaloov

I bought the boots, but I haven't put any experience into them. Now I really want to just so I can build a super fast bladedancer. I also wonder how much of an advantage it would have in the first section of CE. It's going to hard to beat the Don't Touch Me gloves.

*Parkours and double jumps over everyone and everything*

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:09 (3371 days ago) @ bluerunner

Oh, sorry, what was that? Titanfall had an awesome sale on the XBONE and I can't hear you over the sound of my ridiculously agile pilot. ;)

I feel the need...

*shades*

...for speed.

by Durandal, Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:25 (3371 days ago) @ bluerunner

Had a fellow hunter make it near solo all the way through the abyss on hard last night with these. It was most impressive because he didn't stealth most of the time, he just ran from light to light one step ahead of a swarm of thrall. I think he cloaked only three times until he activated the bridge.

It's pretty outrageous

by Hoovaloov, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:38 (3371 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Radiant Dance Machines basically takes away the movement penalty while Aiming Down Sights. It's pretty significant. Now whether that extra agility is really worth it when you could be using The Last Word or Suros Regime is debatable. But it's pretty fun to just cruise around the map.

Bladedancer + MIDA + Radiant Dance Machines = Usain Bolt

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread