Speedracer, marmot, someotherguy, and Bones (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 06:34 (3374 days ago)

Thanks for the help last night. I had a bad feeling about our level of preparedness, and I should have trusted my gut. Bigarm was excited about trying hard, and we almost did it! I appreciate you sticking it out as long you did.

Speedracer, marmot, someotherguy, and Bones

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 30, 2015, 06:53 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

*shrug* It's always nice to play with you guys, and we came so close to doing it too. Run a few more normals to get those VoCs/Epilogues and we'll smash those Oracles :)

Protip: Don't let me take the relic. I always think I'm helping but I'm awful with it ^_^

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:13 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks for the help last night. I had a bad feeling about our level of preparedness, and I should have trusted my gut. Bigarm was excited about trying hard, and we almost did it! I appreciate you sticking it out as long you did.

No need to thank us - it is was fun nonetheless. We came so close a couple times; I'm sure we could have done it if we just had a tiny bit more luck in who got teleported and to which side.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:23 (3374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

There's a feeling you get on a good run--I know you know as well as anyone. Everytime I got teleported, I felt helpless and felt it going to crap. Sigh.

You were a great leader, though. Thanks for your patience.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:34 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

Having the right weapons to deal with the oracles makes such a huge difference. I tried using Fang of Ir Yut on them last night (the Crota's End scout rifle). I've got it upgraded to level 312 damage, and I still felt like I could barely scratch them. Didn't have Atheon's Epilogue on that character, so I switched to Eidolon Ally, which worked out ok. Seems auto rifles in general do a little better against them than most other weapons.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:40 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Having the right weapons to deal with the oracles makes such a huge difference. I tried using Fang of Ir Yut on them last night (the Crota's End scout rifle). I've got it upgraded to level 312 damage, and I still felt like I could barely scratch them. Didn't have Atheon's Epilogue on that character, so I switched to Eidolon Ally, which worked out ok. Seems auto rifles in general do a little better against them than most other weapons.

Another NITC was certainly useless. I know you've lacked Vision of Confluence, but I take it that you've used Atheon's Epilogue all this time?

I was spoiled. I got both on my first VoG run on the Xbox. Didn't know how lucky I was.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:47 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

Another NITC was certainly useless. I know you've lacked Vision of Confluence, but I take it that you've used Atheon's Epilogue all this time?

I was spoiled. I got both on my first VoG run on the Xbox. Didn't know how lucky I was.

On Normal mode I'll often use Fatebringer. It's not great against Oracles, but I'm "on the ball" enough with regards to their spawn timing and placement that I can get away with it. On Hard mode I typically use Atheon's Epilogue. I find Fusion rifles are actually quite good at taking them down too, as long as you can get close enough.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:01 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

On Normal mode I'll often use Fatebringer. It's not great against Oracles, but I'm "on the ball" enough with regards to their spawn timing and placement that I can get away with it. On Hard mode I typically use Atheon's Epilogue. I find Fusion rifles are actually quite good at taking them down too, as long as you can get close enough.

Heh, well, there you go. Can't do VoG hard so I can't get Fatebringer to use in VoG.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:25 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

Some random guy told me once that Super Good Advice is the ultimate oracle killer because the ammo perk on hitting an oracle is the same as if you missed, so you can have a chance to not use a bullet. This means on normal mode, you can solo kill all the oracles with one clip with a leveled up gun. When I found this out and tried it, I almost crapped my pants, it was so easy.

I also don't know if this was meant to happen, or if it's a glitch so they may have patched it. I donno, haven't tried VoG in a while.

Same thing happens with ovesoul.

by Up North 65 @, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:33 (3374 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

And detainment shields. #SGARox

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:38 (3374 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:39 (3374 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Some random guy told me once that Super Good Advice is the ultimate oracle killer because the ammo perk on hitting an oracle is the same as if you missed, so you can have a chance to not use a bullet. This means on normal mode, you can solo kill all the oracles with one clip with a leveled up gun. When I found this out and tried it, I almost crapped my pants, it was so easy.

I also don't know if this was meant to happen, or if it's a glitch so they may have patched it. I donno, haven't tried VoG in a while.

Yeah, I'm really weapons-poor on the PS4. Don't have that either. My best bet at the moment is to level up Corrective Measure, which I do have, to get the oracle disruptor perk. I won't try hard again until I have that, and (I hope) a raid primary.

Wait, what?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:31 (3374 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

*mental note to always carry SGA now*

Wait, what?!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 15:20 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yep, it's awesome. I always bring mine and it wrecks Oracles. Also gives me an excuse to not carry the Relic :p

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:36 (3374 days ago) @ Kermit

No problem, man--it was still a lot of fun. Our sherpa did a pretty good job leading us through, too. I got a lot better at Atheon relic duty. *smash*

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread