Luke was VoG Only (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:20 (3367 days ago)

I was under the impression that Luke worked on both raids, but apparently he only worked on Vault of Glass. Just an interesting little tidbit. I don't know if this was commonly known information.

Either way, the raid team is the best thing to happen to Destiny.

Surely he "oversaw" in some way

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:48 (3367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was under the impression that Luke worked on both raids, but apparently he only worked on Vault of Glass. Just an interesting little tidbit. I don't know if this was commonly known information.

Didn't you say he was promoted? My assumptions are either he was promoted into a much broader lord over destiny Design job or his Raid team grew and he became more hands off.

Anyways, the raids are my favorite part of Destiny, by far.

Surely he "oversaw" in some way

by petetheduck, Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:58 (3367 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Didn't you say he was promoted? My assumptions are either he was promoted into a much broader lord over destiny Design job or his Raid team grew and he became more hands off.

Anyways, the raids are my favorite part of Destiny, by far.

Yep, Raids are the awesome. More Raids, Bungie!

Luke was VoG Only

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:01 (3367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I certainly didn't know. I'd also assumed he was in pretty much the same position for both raids.

Luke was VoG Only

by Kahzgul, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:20 (3367 days ago) @ stabbim

I assumed this as well. My hope for the future of the game, though, is that the Raid feel is brought to all of the game.

You sure?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:37 (3367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cody, you've gotta stop posting declarations as fact without sources. First rule of the Internet: just because someone declares a fact doesn't make it true.

Where did you see/hear that Luke wasn't involved with Crota's End? Do you have reputable sources? Did you dream it last night? Even if true, what value does the information have? What does it mean to you? "Here, I have this nebulous and weird thing to say, you guys deal with it" is not a particularly helpful or useful topic. The signal/noise ratio isn't helped by such posts.

Here's a source: I'm remembering the TTL Podcast, Episode 8 where DeeJ and Luke came on to talk about raids, both VoG and CE. I certainly got the impression that he was involved with Crota's End…

You sure?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:59 (3367 days ago) @ Beorn

Cody, you've gotta stop posting declarations as fact without sources. First rule of the Internet: just because someone declares a fact doesn't make it true.

Urk himself told me. What, do I have to screen grab the message? Geez. I told him to tell Luke I really was digging what he did on the raids, and Urk said he only did VoG, not CE.

You sure?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:00 (3367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well, you could've certainly mentioned you had a reliable source. Maybe even name Urk, if possible.

How hard was that?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, January 30, 2015, 17:58 (3367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Urk himself told me. What, do I have to screen grab the message? Geez. I told him to tell Luke I really was digging what he did on the raids, and Urk said he only did VoG, not CE.

You could have put this in your original post:

I asked a friend who works at Bungie to tell Luke I really was digging what he did on the raids, and my friend said that Luke only did VoG, not CE.

And it would have been great. I would have taken that as fact and not questioned it. But without source or context, it's hard to tell what's fact from fiction on the 'net. Could have come from anywhere.

With that out of the way, I think that this is an interesting bit of information for those of us who care about the inner-workings at Bungie, and now I'm curious about who's working on the next raid.

You sure?

by Pfhor, Friday, January 30, 2015, 19:37 (3367 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cody, do you think you could you ask him if Luke is working on the next raid?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread