Vault of Glass virgin... (Destiny)

by MythicReclaimer, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:08 (3371 days ago)

Oddly enough I have went through Crota's End 5-6 times but have yet to play through the VoG. I was going through it the other night with an experienced group on hard mode when I lost communications and then had a total disconnect.

I would like to run it from start to finish on normal to get the mechanics somewhat down and assumed this was probably the best place to see if there was an Xbox One group willing to walk/help me through it and explain whatever is needed.

I have a level 31 Hunter (one piece of Crota raid gear from 32) and a level 31 Titan (two pieces of Crota raid gear from 32). I want to run my Hunter first.

Xbox GT - MythicReclaimer

After 5:00 PM EST Wednesday through Sunday and anytime on Monday and Tuesday is preferable.

Would also like to find some regular Nightfall and Weekly Heroic mates as well although admittedly I kind of enjoy the challenge of doing them solo at times.

Can you do 360?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:27 (3371 days ago) @ MythicReclaimer

General Vagueness was looking for some people to go through it at least pretending to be N00bs

Can you do 360?

by MythicReclaimer, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:51 (3371 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

No, Xbox One only, unfortunately. Really not worried about being spoiled or anything of the like so any level of experience would be welcome. Just looking to run it for the possible loot on normal first and then hard once I get the mechanics and understanding of the raid down.

Was using DestinyLFG to find folks to play with but my recent experience there was a bit cesspoolly and unwilling to be organized with a common strategy and/or do their role raid wise. Looking to find, hopefully, regular players to play with weekly at least.

I love the Halo series, well, mostly the story and firefight and have lurked HBO for over a decade and just figured this was a good outlet to find some like-wise players.

Can you do 360?

by MythicReclaimer, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:01 (3371 days ago) @ MythicReclaimer

I should say that my experience with DestinyLFG was mostly a positive one all-around but I value my gaming time and would rather find some regular folks to spend that time with.

Vault of Glass virgin...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:17 (3371 days ago) @ MythicReclaimer

I say set up a time for VoG and see who shows up. Otherwise, add people to your friends' list and play regularly. Sign up for other events. I tend to think that these "regular groups" form organically, and are based on behavior people already have.

I'll be happy to play with you. Kermit7.

Vault of Glass virgin...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:08 (3371 days ago) @ Kermit

I tend to think that these "regular groups" form organically, and are based on behavior people already have.

The "regular" groups that I am a part of have definitely just formed organically -- generally just by having a bunch of people on my friends list and joining/inviting freely.

The first time I did VoG, I got a random invite from Korny and I joined without knowing him very well at al or knowing what they were doing. Next thing I know, my shipped dropped me off on Venus as the five other guys in my new fireteam were opening the door. I just went with the flow and started joining/inviting many of those guys for strikes or VoGs. I don't even remember who all was in that first raid, but I'm sure at least 2-3 of them are still in my core group of playmates. Fast forward a few weeks and I had a pretty regular group of friends that I would play with almost every night and then we soon decided to all go for the Flawless Raider trophy together. After 3-4 weeks of trying for Flawless Raider a few times per night, 4-5 times per week, 5 of us finally achieved the impossible. Getting that trophy with that core group has been the pinnacle of my gaming experiences - and I hate to think how the last 5 months of my Destiny playing would have been if I had hesitated to join that random group and then continue to play with some of them.

In general, my fireteam is always open and I like it when people join my fireteam and say, "hey, whatcha doin?" I also usually don't hesitate to do the same and just join any other DBOer on my friends list that doesn't already appear to be in a full fireteam.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread