Speedracer is a big meanie (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 06:14 (3391 days ago)

We all know Speedracer has been on a long quest for his first Mythoclast. Despite his 50+ runs through the Vault of Glass, he still doesn't have one. So naturally, when I returned to the tower after completing the raid last night and found this waiting for me, I thought of him.

[image]

So I decided to send Speedracer an image message... you know, for encouragement! I wanted him to remember that his dream will one day come true. After all, this is my 6th Mythoclast. Surely he'll get one eventually, right?

He did not meet my helpful good will in kind.

[image]

That's what I get for trying to brighten someone's day.

ps

I also got this from Crota's End last night. Safe to say my bad luck is over, for now :)

[image]

Terrible

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 07:20 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

you are

Hey....

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 08:57 (3391 days ago) @ Speedracer513

...at least you got a little sum'n sum'n coming from Tess in a few days that's pretty tough to get ;)

Hey....

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:43 (3391 days ago) @ iconicbanana

...at least you got a little sum'n sum'n coming from Tess in a few days that's pretty tough to get ;)

Yeah. I'm not the only crazy one checking her booth every couple hours, am I...?

You go *hours* between checks!?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:03 (3391 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

PS4 is still my primary platform ;-)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:11 (3391 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

I'm dense

by marmot 1333 @, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 15:24 (3391 days ago) @ iconicbanana

What are you talking about?

They won the frontpage

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 15:55 (3391 days ago) @ marmot 1333

What's With The Bayonet?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 08:33 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

The signature perk is related to melee

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 31, 2015, 08:51 (3391 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Awesomeness. that's what.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 11:56 (3391 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Crazy useful with the Gunslinger...

by Sammy Whammy, Gravity Falls, OR., Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:18 (3391 days ago) @ Morpheus

Throw knife, finish off with Monte Carlo, knife is back instantly*. Rinse and repeat.
Crucible becomes hilariously fun.

*Not always. Sometimes just part of the charge is sped up.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:50 (3391 days ago) @ Sammy Whammy
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:53

Throw knife, finish off with Monte Carlo, knife is back instantly*. Rinse and repeat.
Crucible becomes hilariously fun.

*Not always. Sometimes just part of the charge is sped up.

I always wondered how rolling with the following in Crucible would be:

Monte Carlo
Incendiary Blade (Knife burn enemies for extra damage. Will one knife finish off someone from full health with the burn?) or Knife Juggler (Critical Hits reset knife cooldown)
Scavenger (replenish melee and grenade on ammo pickup)
Gambler's Dagger (Additional knife)

I might want to swap Scavenger for Gunslinger's trance, to make it easier to kill with monte carlo since ammo pickups are rarer in pvp then pve. Chain of Woe is just way too good in PvP though, making it hard to give up for an additional knife.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:56 (3391 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Incendiary Blade (Knife burn enemies for extra damage. Will one knife finish off someone from full health with the burn?) or Knife Juggler (Critical Hits reset knife cooldown)

I use Incendiary Blade instead of Knife Juggler in Crucible. Takes them down to a tiny sliver of health left. Usually if I'm low health I'll shoot someone once then throw an incendiary knife in their head, even if I die they usually burn to death (unless they kill me with a melee that recharges their health or gives them a shield).

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 12:57 (3391 days ago) @ Xenos

I use Incendiary Blade instead of Knife Juggler in Crucible. Takes them down to a tiny sliver of health left. Usually if I'm low health I'll shoot someone once then throw an incendiary knife in their head, even if I die they usually burn to death (unless they kill me with a melee that recharges their health or gives them a shield).

It sounds useless then. One body shot with a hand canon + a regular knife can kill. It would seem to add nothing!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 13:00 (3391 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It sounds useless then. One body shot with a hand canon + a regular knife can kill. It would seem to add nothing!

Bit of exaggeration there. You named the gun type with the most impact per bullet, there are in fact 3 other types of primaries, all of which have lower impacts. So... not useless.

Edit: Also, when I forget to turn it on I can't even count the number of times I get killed after hitting a knife headshot because they have the tiniest sliver of health left.

Speedracer is a big meanie

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 11:57 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Well at least he is smiling in the picture.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread