Yet another PS4 perk: a lazy gatekeeper (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:43 (3391 days ago)

I've played VoG many times now, and yesterday I noticed something and Speedracer said he'd noticed it, too. A standard strategy is to stand in the doorway and snipe the Gatekeeper when you first get to the vault. I kept telling my Xbox team yesterday that that's what we should do, and nearly every time we tried it, he kept teleporting away! I assumed that someone was doing something to trigger it, but after playing with a more experienced team later last night, I don't think so.

So anyway, Destiny is easier on the PS4. Now we know the secret to the flawless raiding thing. Heh.

Yet another PS4 perk: a lazy gatekeeper

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:50 (3391 days ago) @ Kermit

I've played VoG many times now, and yesterday I noticed something and Speedracer said he'd noticed it, too. A standard strategy is to stand in the doorway and snipe the Gatekeeper when you first get to the vault. I kept telling my Xbox team yesterday that that's what we should do, and nearly every time we tried it, he kept teleporting away! I assumed that someone was doing something to trigger it, but after playing with a more experienced team later last night, I don't think so.

So anyway, Destiny is easier on the PS4. Now we know the secret to the flawless raiding thing. Heh.

That explains why everyone acted like a scared little baby in Nevin's videos, like they can't walk into the room and shoot some hobgoblins.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:53 (3391 days ago) @ petetheduck

That explains why everyone acted like a scared little baby in Nevin's videos, like they can't walk into the room and shoot some hobgoblins.

It's not that we aren't more than capable of killing everything in the room without mercy -- it's just that it takes about 4 minutes less time to just shoot the bastard in the face from the doorway and then watch all his idiot minions disappear the second we open the portal!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 11:06 (3391 days ago) @ petetheduck

We weren't scared, we were petrified. Legitimately frozen in place :)

Here's the thing...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 09:59 (3391 days ago) @ Kermit

We may get an easier Gatekeeper, but we also have to play with Cody "I died again" Miller. Not even close to breaking even.

;p

Here's the thing...

by petetheduck, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:08 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

We may get an easier Gatekeeper, but we also have to play with Cody "I died again" Miller. Not even close to breaking even.

;p

I would equate the difficulty of the Gatekeeper to that of the Trials of Kabr. :p

Here's the thing...

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:11 (3391 days ago) @ petetheduck

;p

I would equate the difficulty of the Gatekeeper to that of the Trials of Kabr. :p

Hey -- the Trials of Kabr are where Cody had half his deaths when we were trying for Flawless Raider!

He's not joking.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:13 (3391 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Seriously, we didn't even make it to the Templar half the time XD

Here's the thing...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:53 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

;p

We all die, but the difference is when I die it's something stupid and I'm being an idiot.

Oh, I fell off the edge while getting the relic again? Sorry guys. Oh, I tried to get a 4th hit in on Crota and didn't go invisible in time? My bad. Oh, I fired a rocket at Crota and didn't know there was a second bubble beside me?! Wow, I am such a doofus.

Here's the thing...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 11:00 (3391 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We all die

Not during our Flawless Raider runs... I managed to scrape through without ever causing a wipe (and I'll never stop reminding the rest of you ;p)

Although I'm the last person who should be bragging after all my deaths during Crota last night. I haven't raided with my Hunter in a while. I'd forgotten just how weak her armor is.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:46 (3391 days ago) @ Kermit

I wonder if it comes down to positioning? Maybe if you're too far forward, he reacts? We're usually all the way back down the steps when we do it.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 10:55 (3391 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I wonder if it comes down to positioning? Maybe if you're too far forward, he reacts? We're usually all the way back down the steps when we do it.

It doesn't seem to matter. I noticed immediately that his behavior was somewhat different while the fireteam's behavior wasn't much different. Even on PS4, he'll start moving if you don't kill him with 3 shots of each person's sniper - but on Xbox he starts moving right away, even if no one has even threatened to shoot at him.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread