Dat music... (Destiny)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 01, 2015, 06:26 (3374 days ago)

So I was running through the daily today when I noticed something. I mean, the penultimate battle of The Last Array isn't technically something major. Compared to fighting the same area when doing The Will of Crota, the battle isn't that intense. When you pump it up to level 30, you still don't have very many elites to deal with.

But that music. It makes my heart race, my hands get sweaty, and makes me just a smidge more aggressive. It completely juices me up, and I'm always just a little sad to beat the level, just because I'm loving it so much. I get the same reaction when doing Scourge of Winter, during the approach to the ship. (Pity the boss fight music doesn't affect me as strongly.)

I know there's one more instance where the battle music gives me a rush, but I can't remember where else at the moment.

Anybody else know of any levels where the music actively makes you feel like a boss just by existing?

Dat music...

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 06:45 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

My favorite: The Garden's Spire

Perfect musical transition into the boss battle.

A Duncan appearance!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 08:32 (3374 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

Dat music...

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 01, 2015, 09:54 (3374 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I've always blazed through this fight, so I've never really gotten to appreciate it until now. I... think I'm going to have to mysteriously start sucking at this fight.

Black Garden

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 08:34 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

For me it's the final battle in the Black Garden. I love how the music changes (and gets a little more epic each time) for each of the three bosses.

+1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 09:04 (3374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Wouldn't be a music thread without at least one embed.

I gots dis! Things start to get Epic @ 4:00 for me. (Twice so @ 5:00)

+1

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 01, 2015, 09:55 (3374 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I've only played Black Garden once, but that's rather awesome!

Beat me to it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 18:53 (3374 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The music that plays towards the end of the boss fight... it only appears 1 other time in the game: early in the game, during the cutscene that shows your ship flying to the tower for the first time.

Having that melody come back right at the end was a great way to bookend the story (weak as the story itself was).

The Devil's Lair

by Velociraptor112, Places., Sunday, February 01, 2015, 10:17 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Love the boss fight music.

Plenty of Times.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 18:49 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

I usually take my time with the enemies there, and try to time the Knight death with the climax of that track. And I always do it a decent distance away from the computer. I absolutely love the excitement in my Ghost's voice: "I think we're clear!.... YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!" And sprinting the whole way only adds to that childlike excitement.

Also, The Dark Beyond. I mean, it has gone down a little bit over the forty-five times I've played it, but it's still cool, gets me pumped up sometimes. DEFINITELY The World's Grave--SUPER love that one. I know I can play it anytime, but I'm even more happy when it's the Daily.

I also love Eye of the Gate Lord, even though it only lasts about a quarter of a second, since my Unfriendly Giant/Hezen Vengeance lay Zydron's ass flat.

I also enjoy the boss music for Sepiks and Aksor. For the most part, these four super-composers nailed it.

+1

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, February 01, 2015, 20:58 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread