Big 360 showdown on Friday (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, February 02, 2015, 08:07 (3373 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, February 02, 2015, 08:36

Hey 360 people, let's try to do that 6 on 6 crucible lobby. I have a tentative group set for Friday; let's see how many we can get, and reschedule if we don't get to 12 by Friday morning. Feel free to sign-up regardless of how well you feel you play crucible; it's all DBO people so there won't be any griefing.

Big 360 showdown on Friday

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 07:21 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Are we thinking if we just get both teams in the same live party and start matchmaking at the same time we'll maybe get stuck together? Too bad someone who works at Bungie can't just magically make us always get matchmade together!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 07:35 (3372 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Are we thinking if we just get both teams in the same live party and start matchmaking at the same time we'll maybe get stuck together? Too bad someone who works at Bungie can't just magically make us always get matchmade together!

I was talking to Chaos about this; since we live about 20 minutes from each other, we're hoping that if we're fireteam leaders and we enter around the same time, we should be able to match in pretty quick. Once we're in a lobby as a group we'll stay together as long as we don't back out.

As far as chatting goes, I figure we'll jump in to party all together while we're matchmaking/loading, and leave party to just use fireteam chat in-game.

No need to leave the party

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:09 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You could just switch to game chat and back.

Nifty!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:22 (3372 days ago) @ ZackDark

You could just switch to game chat and back.

Wasn't aware this was an option. Probably because I've never had any friends before :/

Nifty!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:24 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You just open the party chat screen and then press Y. It switches to game chat, then if you need to go back to the party you go back to the party chat and press Y again. The only downside is we won't know if you switch back to the party.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:24 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Won't we still get split up ocassionally by matchmaking anyway as it tries to balance out things?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 09:25 (3372 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Won't we still get split up ocassionally by matchmaking anyway as it tries to balance out things?

Possibly? I'm gonna try to balance the teams out based on what I know from playing with everybody, so one team doesn't have a huge advantage. I think we should be able to matchmake pretty well.

I might ruin it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 11:17 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

If we take too long to matchmake, I'll graciously step down, after spewing a curse or two.

Rosters for the Big Show

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 13:53 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Here's a look at rosters as they currently stand; having played crucible with just about all of you, I think these should be pretty balanced, and if that isn't the case we can mix them up as we go:

Knights of the Banana Republic
• Iconicbanana
• Kermit7
• RaichuKFM
• Blackt1g3r
• DocMartz
• Masterxtp1

Professor Chaos and his Fluffy Minions
• Chaossociety
• Ragashingo
• Robot Chickens
• Lawnmower172
• bluerunner
• Speedracer513

Alternate’s
• Oholiab
• Rellekh

Haha, loved the name of our group

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 14:01 (3372 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Bring it on, Fluffies!

Btw, IIRC, Rellehk is Robot Chicken's wife, so they'd probably be both available at the same time.

Bingo

by rellekh, PNW, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 11:38 (3371 days ago) @ ZackDark

Correct, sir. You do recall correctly. Just a note, I was serious about not knowing anything about Crucible. I'd understand if y'all would rather have me back out and set up an event that is more a "Rellekh tutorial" in Crucible behaviors at a later date.

Bingo

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 11:42 (3371 days ago) @ rellekh

Correct, sir. You do recall correctly. Just a note, I was serious about not knowing anything about Crucible. I'd understand if y'all would rather have me back out and set up an event that is more a "Rellekh tutorial" in Crucible behaviors at a later date.

You're more than welcome to jump in if we have anyone back out; the order is based on first come first serve, but things usually come up, so if you're listed as an alt expect to see some action. And don't worry about aptitude, I think everybody here is less concerned with winning, and more interested in just trying to make the damn thing happen! It might be one of the better environments for new players. Just stay away from Chaos, he's cray-z.

Bingo

by rellekh, PNW, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 12:00 (3371 days ago) @ iconicbanana

No worries either way. There are other things I can do in Destiny while you have a full crew. Thank you though, appreciate the positive response. And noted, RE: Chaos. I'm curious to see how cray-z manifests itself.

Bingo

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 12:02 (3371 days ago) @ rellekh

No worries either way. There are other things I can do in Destiny while you have a full crew. Thank you though, appreciate the positive response. And noted, RE: Chaos. I'm curious to see how cray-z manifests itself.

I just mean he's better than the rest of us ;)

KotBR, expect to get squished by that monster.

Bananas might get shredded, but they always grow back

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 12:23 (3371 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Go banana! Go go banana!

Big 360 showdown: Team Shaders? *Edit

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:29 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by iconicbanana, Friday, February 06, 2015, 10:17

Might be too late for this, but should we try for team shaders? Yellow and Red might be easiest, so if you're Team Banana try to bring yellow, and if you're Team Chaos try to bring red (Chaos is a big red shader fan). Emblems might be tough, but try for the same colors, banana yellow and chaos red, if you can.

Team Banana! Go get oracle 99!

+1 for Shaders

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:47 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Although I think KOTBR should use Thunderdevil since Chaos's team will feel thunderstruck after we get done with them!

Your bananas are blue?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 10:10 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You should have that checked out, bro. ;)

But seriously, why not banana yellow?

Oracle 99 is yellow right?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 06, 2015, 10:13 (3369 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Very true. Go input that code, turkeys!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 10:13 (3369 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Take RXC-9XJ-4MH and put it here.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 06, 2015, 11:51 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Might be too late for this, but should we try for team shaders? Yellow and Red might be easiest, so if you're Team Banana try to bring yellow, and if you're Team Chaos try to bring red (Chaos is a big red shader fan). Emblems might be tough, but try for the same colors, banana yellow and chaos red, if you can.

Where do I get a red shader on the spot?

Also, I think it should be pretty easy to have consistent emblems, assuming most of us have entered these codes (and thus should have all those emblems at special orders in the tower).

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 11:54 (3369 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Where do I get a red shader on the spot?

Also, I think it should be pretty easy to have consistent emblems, assuming most of us have entered these codes (and thus should have all those emblems at special orders in the tower).

No idea about the shader; you guys might have to go blue/purple if you all haven't landed god of war at this point. If any of you haven't redeemed all the codes yet, get on it scrubs!

Why not blue?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, February 06, 2015, 13:12 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)

No way am I wearing red. That's almost as bad as orange.

Why not blue?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 13:36 (3369 days ago) @ bluerunner

7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)

No way am I wearing red. That's almost as bad as orange.

You can take that up with Chaos. You can also take back that shit talk about orange, thank you. HUP HOLLAND.

What about emblems?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:09 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Just go as yellow/red as you can.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:53 (3369 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

How about

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 13:08 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Lone Focus, Jagged Edge (7CP-94V-LFP)? Seems as yellow as it can get

Seems fine with me.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 13:36 (3369 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Question

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:44 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Should I go with the Oracle to match, or Cytherean Bloom for max yellow (and some unripened boots)?

Answer

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:54 (3369 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Should I go with the Oracle to match, or Cytherean Bloom for max yellow (and some unripened boots)?

Whatever you like better, we're not all gonna be perfectly the same so as long as its close. This is pretty last minute.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread