Bad juju is some good juju (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 10:57 (3373 days ago)

Finally unlocked the String of Curses perk for my Bad juju yesterday. Made doing bounties a joke. No reloads. increased damage. Really looking forward to seeing how it does in the Crucible and Crotas end Abyss. I don't have high hopes for the crucible, but the abyss should be a breeze now.

Bad juju is some good juju

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:01 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Finally unlocked the String of Curses perk for my Bad juju yesterday. Made doing bounties a joke. No reloads. increased damage. Really looking forward to seeing how it does in the Crucible and Crotas end Abyss. I don't have high hopes for the crucible, but the abyss should be a breeze now.

You're right. It almost sucks in the Crucible, because of its lack of punch and/or range (depending on your perks), but the Abyss, with my Obsidian Mind, makes me giggle like a little girl.

So. Many. Nova Bombs.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:25 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yea. I am pleased with it though. I did play a few crucible games and as long as you arent getting targeted its great. but in 1 on 1 situations its not consistent. Thorn is my go to for crucible, I just like mixing it up. I enjoy how bad juju looks.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:26 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

I would also guess (and have heard) that it's pretty meh in Crucible. It can be amazing in PvE, though. Especially in some of the Dark Below content where masses of Thrall come straight at you.

If memory serves, Korny once claimed to have soloed the abyss (well, part of it, after a teammate died) using Bad Juju. There may have been video evidence, but I don't recall that part.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:29 (3373 days ago) @ stabbim

I used it this weekend in the Abyss and it works great with armor piercing rounds. Just mows them down.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:33 (3373 days ago) @ stabbim

If memory serves, Korny once claimed to have soloed the abyss (well, part of it, after a teammate died) using Bad Juju. There may have been video evidence, but I don't recall that part.

That's entirely possible. The Vortex of your Nova Bomb can keep you safe on the rare occasions you need a breather. Bloom and Axion Bolt help a lot as well.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:49 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

Warlocks super and grenades are awesome. But their Glide just feels strange to me. It moves very slow compared to the Titan and hunter.

I hop around with the speed perk

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:59 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Triple "jump" all the time. Makes sprint across the map a lot faster.

It did take a while to get used to, I admit, but it feels a lot snappier than my Titan's, that's for sure.

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:03 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

hunter is nice and fast. titan i feel just has quicker horizontal movement. Warlock just seems to dragggg

Trick is to not let him/her glide for too long

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:06 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

With the speed perk, the first few frames get you a great boost of speed, while the rest of the glide slows you down very fast. That's why I cancel the glide ASAP and then back on. And back off. And back on.

Trick is to not let him/her glide for too long

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:07 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

Im lvling mine on and off. I will have to give that a go.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 07:38 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

Titans with the speed/mobility upgrade are (I think) the fastest thing in the game, if you get the timing right. Have to hit your double jump just before you start losing height, when you have maximum forward momentum. Faster than a max agility Bladedancer at full sprint!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 09:41 (3372 days ago) @ someotherguy

Titans with the speed/mobility upgrade are (I think) the fastest thing in the game, if you get the timing right. Have to hit your double jump just before you start losing height, when you have maximum forward momentum. Faster than a max agility Bladedancer at full sprint!

I wonder if MIDA could make up the difference? But then, I suppose the Titan could use MIDA as well, so maybe a moot point.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 11:43 (3372 days ago) @ stabbim

Red Robber and I tried this out. I had a maxed agility bladedancer and he had a titan. No difference in sprint speed when both were holding MIDA. The difference was in walking speed. I was faster.

I also put on Radiant Dance Machines. I didn't lose any speed when aiming down sights, so I was about 3/4 of full sprint speed even when aiming down sights with MIDA. I swapped out to another scout rifle and lost some speed, but was still pretty fast.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 02, 2015, 13:27 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

At least once a raid I will shout out "warlock jump!" In agonized failure. I assume by now the PS4 crew has made a drinking game out of it.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:15 (3373 days ago) @ stabbim

It's decent in Crucible too. Its range is a little shorter than some other Pulse Rifles... more comparable to a Hand Cannon really.... but it fires fast and can be super stable and is a three shot kill if your aim is good. Getting killed by it feels similar to getting killed by The Last Word when someone lands all head shots. One moment you are standing there and the next you feel three very quick pulses hit you and you're dead.

Yeah, No Doi.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 11:23 (3372 days ago) @ TheeChaos

http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=7811680

Bad news, though--the abyss won't really help that much, considering you have to turn around and essentially stop running. And that's all they'll need... >:-)

Yeah, No Doi.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 04:31 (3372 days ago) @ Morpheus

Typically when I die in the abyss its due to the fact that I got stuck (my fault) or im reloading ( my fault but not really). So this weapon certainly cant hurt

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread