Taking the plunge with Toland's Legacy (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:52 (3373 days ago)

Many (many?) of you may recall (because I'm that important :P ) that I am currently absolutely positively not interested in Destiny multiplayer. Not even the foggiest of a care.

Last night after a quick play, I turned in my bounties. As you may have gathered, a exotic bounty popped up. I had a choice of A Voice in the Wilderness (Super Good Advice), Shattered Memory Fragment (Pocket Infinity), & Toland's Legacy (Bad JuJu).

As I have mentioned in the past (with some disappointment in this case since this was my first one), some of these bounties require one to play in the Crucible.

Yet. I Already have a Pocket Infinity, so I don't have to wait for rare fusion rifles again. Throw down a chunk of cash and all that to Xur and I'll be fine. I Just completed a new one for Super Good Advice. So...Bad JuJu. The Bounty requires one to Obtain 10,000 points in the Crucible.

*SIGH*

Can I complete it in Iron Banner? Can some super-pro-DBOrs help when the time comes?

Gosh darn it Bungie.

[image]

Taking the plunge with Toland's Legacy

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:55 (3373 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This one part isnt that bad actually. you get 25 per kill/assist on hunter and Titan and 75 per Warlock. And I dont think you lose anything on death. So its not as bad as the Void damage in Crucible that the thorn bounty requires. The hard part about that bounty is the 25 strikes you have to do. But you get materials/glimmer. I just kept running The summoning pits and using black wax idols. Good Glimmer. occassional engrams. But it was the fastest strike to run. =\

Hard part?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:01 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

That's my favorite part of any and all Exotic bounties. :p
Strike playlist all day long. :D

Hard part?

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:06 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

More like annoying. Its nto bad just gets boring quick. Thats where my margaritas kicked in.

Hard part?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:39 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

More like annoying. Its nto bad just gets boring quick. Thats where my margaritas kicked in.

I guess if you're determined to finish it quickly.

INSANEDrive. This is one you set and forget. Don't worry about it. You'll complete it eventually. Now that we've got ten slots it's not a huge problem to just let a bounty sit there. You probably will have to do what I did, and add some Crucible into your regular Destiny diet. And if you're like me, and you don't care about winning, you might have some fun with it. Earn some bounties anyway. Find a faction gun you want to buy to give yourself another goal.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:25 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

This one part isnt that bad actually. you get 25 per kill/assist on hunter and Titan and 75 per Warlock. And I dont think you lose anything on death. So its not as bad as the Void damage in Crucible that the thorn bounty requires. The hard part about that bounty is the 25 strikes you have to do. But you get materials/glimmer. I just kept running The summoning pits and using black wax idols. Good Glimmer. occassional engrams. But it was the fastest strike to run. =\

Hmm... I've always thought of the Nexus as the fastest. (You can pretty much run past everything except the first 3 servitors and the nexus.)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 02, 2015, 19:03 (3373 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hmm... I've always thought of the Nexus as the fastest. (You can pretty much run past everything except the first 3 servitors and the nexus.)

Especially if you have black hammer for the boss. One of the easier ones to continually pummel to proc white nail. Phogoth is much harder to do that on.

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 08:11 (3372 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I did Nexus a few times. Ended up taking longer because I kept getting lower lvls in there whereas doing the summoning pits I got alot of near max lvl people.

Thorn

by snakegriffin ⌂, MD, Monday, February 02, 2015, 17:43 (3373 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Ugh. Toland's Legacy was a cakewalk. Took me about 10 games to get it, and I consider myself grossly average at multiplayer game.

I got the Thorn bounty the other day. Singlehandedly caused me to quit Destiny, maybe for good. Would love that gun, but after getting as high as 100 I had 3 lopsided games that took me down to 10. Stupidest thing I've ever seen. Don't have time to grind for more void weapons, just want to play the damn game the way I feel comfortable playing. Quickly realizing that there are too many elements of this game trolling me and I feel like I'm wasting my time :(

Thorn

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 07:04 (3372 days ago) @ snakegriffin

Ugh. Toland's Legacy was a cakewalk. Took me about 10 games to get it, and I consider myself grossly average at multiplayer game.

I got the Thorn bounty the other day. Singlehandedly caused me to quit Destiny, maybe for good. Would love that gun, but after getting as high as 100 I had 3 lopsided games that took me down to 10. Stupidest thing I've ever seen. Don't have time to grind for more void weapons, just want to play the damn game the way I feel comfortable playing. Quickly realizing that there are too many elements of this game trolling me and I feel like I'm wasting my time :(

I had same experience even though I never got close to 100. It put me off Crucible.

Finally decided to stop worrying about it. If I ever hit a stride in Crucible where I notice my K/D going up, then I'll start thinking about it again. I might delete it. I have better weapons.

Thorn was my favorite bounty

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 10:46 (3372 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 10:55

I had same experience even though I never got close to 100. It put me off Crucible.

I might have enjoyed this bounty specifically because I play a great deal of crucible with DBO people. I also enjoyed it because it wasn't as much of a grind, or at least the grind was extremely unique. It forced me to play the game differently and think about what weapons I was using at all times; I actually learned some fun strategies from it, like knowing not to pick up heavy right away, so that when I died I could switch to truth and wreck people with heavy after they thought my team was out of rockets.

Finally decided to stop worrying about it. If I ever hit a stride in Crucible where I notice my K/D going up, then I'll start thinking about it again. I might delete it. I have better weapons.

I know elsewhere on the thread people were asking for PvP reward weapons specific to PvP; that's what the thorn is. It's a top 3 crucible gun. If you don't play a lot of crucible, you aren't really going to miss the Thorn.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, February 02, 2015, 11:58 (3373 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If you didn't already know, that is NOT 10,000 kills. I forget the exact point values per kill (you can look it up somewhere), but I seem to remember some of my better games adding close to 1000 points toward the bounty.

Also, unlike some of the other bounties with Crucible components, it's not possible to go backwards on this one due to deaths or losses. That's why it's the only one I've bothered to complete. :)

Not half as bad as it sounds

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:03 (3373 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Assists count, death takes no toll and each kill gives you quite a few points (triple for Warlocks victims). All you have to do is gather up a nice bunch of people to play with.

I highly recommend those wackos on destiny.bungie.org. Some crazy dude over there even programmed a Fireteam Builder.

MT?

by TheeChaos @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:06 (3373 days ago) @ ZackDark

I feel like this was a misstype haha

by Warbow, Monday, February 02, 2015, 12:59 (3373 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I had my future son-in-law complete my Crucible portion of the Thorn bounty. He was able to complete the bounty in 6 matches. Where as I had played 20 matches and had reached a max of 20 out of 500. I believe, I was at 13 when he started playing for me. That shows how bad I am at Crucible.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 02, 2015, 13:01 (3373 days ago) @ Warbow

I had my future son-in-law complete my Crucible portion of the Thorn bounty. He was able to complete the bounty in 6 matches. Where as I had played 20 matches and had reached a max of 20 out of 500. I believe, I was at 13 when he started playing for me. That shows how bad I am at Crucible.

Damn, that's what I need--a future son-in-law. Guess I need a daughter first.

And I thought sorority pledges were bad ;p

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 13:11 (3373 days ago) @ Warbow

- No text -

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, February 02, 2015, 13:40 (3373 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Currently have the same bounty. If the past couple days are any indication it's going to take me a while unless I can team up with some people. Maybe a use for the Fireteam Builder?

Both regular Crucible and Iron Banner should count. Probably should try to combine it with other Crucible bounties for extra credit, especially if you don't normally do crucible.

PS4? Add Kahzgul.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 10:15 (3372 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'll bring my big backpack. You just camp the heavy ammo and keep a heavy machinegun handy. Swarm or Against All Odds are probably your best options, barring Thunderlord (if you're terrible at aim, then use Truth or another "detonates early" launcher). Spec bladedancer, Striker, or Voidwalker for big AoE attack supers. Remember, the goal is to maximize your kills, not your score. Become the Kamikaze!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread