PvP Feedback for Deej (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 02, 2015, 13:46 (3373 days ago)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/98006105/0/0/1

1. More game modes. CTF, Team Oddball, Team KoTH at a minimum.
2. More maps.
3. 'Arcade' mode where you can only use guns from the Vanguard or Crucible quartermasters, or else have a limited scope to what you can bring in. Think of it like an MLG mode.
4. You should get double the marks you get now. 4 for a loss, 6 for a win.
5. Dedicated Servers.
6. Custom Games
7. Film support.

That's about all I'd really want.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, February 02, 2015, 13:49 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2. More maps.
3. 'Arcade' mode where you can only use guns from the Vanguard or Crucible quartermasters, or else have a limited scope to what you can bring in. Think of it like an MLG mode.
5. Dedicated Servers.
6. Custom Games
7. Film support.

8. Team Colors/Shaders
9. Infection

PvP Feedback for Deej

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, February 02, 2015, 14:21 (3373 days ago) @ CyberKN

Team Colors could be nice. I know there's been a time or two I wasn't sure I was looking at an enemy right away (especially the first few times I played crucible). It'd be like having pinnies in pickup sports.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, February 02, 2015, 14:27 (3373 days ago) @ BeardFade

I agree, or maybe some sort of team particle effect or something. I do like there being shader customization.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, February 02, 2015, 14:51 (3373 days ago) @ BeardFade

Team Colors could be nice. I know there's been a time or two I wasn't sure I was looking at an enemy right away (especially the first few times I played crucible). It'd be like having pinnies in pickup sports.

There is no friendly fire in Destiny. Therefore, if you aren't sure, shoot first and ask questions later.

I refuse to let my fabulous shader be overridden by some ghastly team rig. I am a snowflake, dammit!

PvP Feedback for Deej

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:13 (3373 days ago) @ RC

I've always thought the enemy should glow a faint red. That would be an option that let's you keep your unique snowflake status while being very clear who's enemies and who's friendlies. I am curious if there are any options that would be better than colors for those who are color blind.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Monday, February 02, 2015, 14:17 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Agreed

2. More maps.

Agreed, but we know this is in the works. Changes to what maps show up in what playlists has helped too

Why?

That would be nice

5. Dedicated Servers.

eh

6. Custom Games

I'd like it, but there's no way thats gonna be patched into Destiny 1.

7. Film support.

Not gonna happen till Destiny 2 if it ever happens. Next gen consoles have streaming recording features that makes this much less of a priority, and film mode was a huge hog in terms of dev cycles

PvP Feedback for Deej

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, February 02, 2015, 14:48 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

5. Dedicated Servers.
6. Custom Games

At bare minimum let us have a party of 12 in a playlist that 'doesn't count' or allow us to match up with another party of 6. I REALLY miss the LAN party / Customs, & being able to recreate that in Destiny would be wonderful.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 02, 2015, 15:24 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If they didn't include these basic gametypes, it's gotta be for a reason. Maybe kinks couldn't get worked out...
Still, they did talk about experimentation, so maybe we'll see something similar (and not just the gametypes that leaked).
Since a lot of the data is server-side, it's entirely possible that they may add a Shield-based Juggernaut, or sword-based Infection gametype... Can you imagine a CTF gametype where you can use the shield to protect your teammates while you slowly hobble to your base?

2. More maps.

Specifically, non-DLC-pack maps. If they released one or two free maps in between DLC releases, this would be nice. Helps everyone, and keeps Crucible fresh...

The farther that Destiny gets from "MLG", the better.

From a consumer standpoint, that sounds awesome... But it'll likely never happen. The less marks you get per game, the more games you are likely to play, and for a publisher, that's the ideal strategy. It's either this, or you can pay $1.99 for 100 Marks, so which will it be?

5. Dedicated Servers.

That's kind of a dumb request.

6. Custom Games

Don't know why this wasn't included. I'd love to see that.

7. Film support.

Seriously.

Coulda fooled us!

PvP Feedback for Deej

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:06 (3373 days ago) @ Korny

2. More maps.

Specifically, non-DLC-pack maps. If they released one or two free maps in between DLC releases, this would be nice. Helps everyone, and keeps Crucible fresh...

Bioware did free maps for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and I thought it was fantastic. It didn't fracture the player base like the map expansions for Reach/H4 did and everyone got to enjoy all the quality work the map designers did.

And you're right, it would keep crucible fresh and draw a lot of players back in if they heard there were new free maps.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:17 (3373 days ago) @ marmot 1333

2. More maps.

Bioware did free maps for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and I thought it was fantastic. It didn't fracture the player base like the map expansions for Reach/H4 did and everyone got to enjoy all the quality work the map designers did.

And you're right, it would keep crucible fresh and draw a lot of players back in if they heard there were new free maps.

Not just that, but they took feedback and altered existing maps, sometimes drastically (Firebase White got two whole new hallways that changed how the map played, and the stuff like dust storms and acid rain changed how we approached maps we were already used to)... It was a blast, and so much content that I happily shelled out human munnies to play more.
If something is fun, constantly growing, and doing it for free, who wouldn't want to support it?

Bungie already showed that they can Forge changes, but how about overhauls? Can they add entire new rooms?
(Battlefield 4 added some underground areas to certain maps to help out infantry against the might of the vehicles).

At least one of those map packs cost real money

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:21 (3373 days ago) @ marmot 1333

- No text -

Nope. Five DLC packs, all free...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:29 (3373 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And the Retaliation pack was massive. We're talking Expansion here... New enemy faction, overhauled maps, over a dozen playable characters, etc...

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, February 02, 2015, 20:13 (3373 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, the game went from (I think) 36 original characters to 72. All free. Each of the 5 map packs had 2 or 3 maps.

And like he said, all free. The only paid DLC was single player content.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 02, 2015, 21:16 (3373 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I must have gotten confused by the 8 bajallion Microsoft points I spent trying to get the awesome cloaking sword lady... :)

PvP Feedback for Deej

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 02, 2015, 17:23 (3373 days ago) @ Korny

From a consumer standpoint, that sounds awesome... But it'll likely never happen. The less marks you get per game, the more games you are likely to play, and for a publisher, that's the ideal strategy. It's either this, or you can pay $1.99 for 100 Marks, so which will it be?

I dunno man. Folks get discouraged and DON'T want to play when it feels like they are not making progress, and getting 150 crucible marks takes a really really long time.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, February 02, 2015, 17:51 (3373 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Gotta agree here, especially if you're swapping between characters for variety. Since you can't share marks across characters, it takes forever to build up enough marks on each, or you have to stick with just one until you get enough. I'm not fond of either option.

PvP Feedback for Deej

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 10:09 (3372 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1000 times this.

2. More maps.
5. Dedicated Servers.
6. Custom Games
7. Film support.

I'd add:

- Horde mode PvE on PvP maps.
- Custom games so you can set up matches against your buddies (don't give marks for it to prevent cheesing).
- Variable objective zones so the flags aren't always in the same place, or can move.
- A no supers mode.
- An all hits are kills mode.
- Vehicles with more than one seat.
- The ability to vote up or down on the next map in the queue.
- Some logic to prevent playing the same map twice in a row (let alone NINE TIMES. Come on Bungie, that's just silly).
- Challenge mode where it's every man for himself, but you only score points by shooting target dummies (oracles? Fallen?) which appear.
- PvP rewards which are better for PvP play than the PvE rewards. It seriously makes no sense that the best PvP weapons are rewards from PvE raids.
- PvP rewards for more skilled players (even if it's just resources... give the top players something).
- PvP achievement type rewards, such as a special gun if you get a 15 in a row killstreak, or a cool armor shader if your team wins 10 games in a row.
- Dramatically reduce glimmer cost of Iron Banner rewards so that, after PvPing your butt off for rep, you don't then have to do boring as hell glimmer farming just to be able to afford your prizes.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread