House of Wolves leak (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 08:50 (3377 days ago)

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this.

I'm sure much has changed, as DeeJ says, but I will say in terms of the new armor, I like the Fallen aesthetic much more than the raggedy-axx, bony Hive aesthetic. (The Vex aesthetic is still my favorite, though.)

House of Wolves leak

by Durandal, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 08:58 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

Bumping everything 2 light levels and enhancing gear means that all the VOG stuff will fall too far behind to be useful.

I'm not looking forward to regrinding all my gear again. I still haven't gotten all my exotics back up to full strength yet.

House of Wolves leak

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:14 (3377 days ago) @ Durandal

Bumping everything 2 light levels and enhancing gear means that all the VOG stuff will fall too far behind to be useful.

I believe they are working on something to make it worthwhile again. That was a rumor though.

I'm not looking forward to regrinding all my gear again. I still haven't gotten all my exotics back up to full strength yet.

And you never will, because that is the nature of this game. (and RPGs in general)

I don't say that as a criticism- just something people should know when they play.

In order for the game to succeed, the goal posts will continually move forward, just when you thought you scored ;)

House of Wolves leak

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:49 (3377 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I believe they are working on something to make it worthwhile again. That was a rumor though.

I was thinking about this. Maybe they could just add an upgrade drop at the end that you could use to upgrade a weapon or armor. That would give people who want to upgrade a reason to play the raid some more (beside just for fun).

And you never will, because that is the nature of this game. (and RPGs in general)

I don't say that as a criticism- just something people should know when they play.

In order for the game to succeed, the goal posts will continually move forward, just when you thought you scored ;)

At least they (Luke) have said that they're changing how exotics are upgraded. I'm not a fan of having the perks reset.

House of Wolves leak

by Pfhor, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:39 (3377 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Pfhor, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:48

Yes, according to Luke, you will not need to fully upgrade exotic weapons you own all over again. He admitted they messed that up in the DLC. It'll probably be like the Necrochasm upgrade path where you just need to obtain an item and it'll upgrade the weapon's base attack.

Also the Vault gear right now is useless on HM Crota and anything going forward. Luke has previously talked about looking at possibly doing something to the Vault in the future (http://tmi.kotaku.com/q-a-the-lead-designer-of-destinys-vault-of-glass-1647227058), and there is another set of blue Vault armor in the database, so my bet is the Vault will be getting a lvl. 34/35 hard mode in the summer to hold us until Comet arrives.

House of Wolves leak

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:22 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

destinydb datamined all the expansion weapons/armor weeks ago. there is a massive JPEG of all of it somewhere. this is the first instance i've seen of it "in-game."

House of Wolves leak

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:25 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

looks like he set his clock forward on his PS4 until it unlocked.

House of Wolves leak

by JComboBox, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:26 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

It's interesting to see some new armor designs that could be in the new expansion, but the basic vendor weapons are the same old stuff so even if we knew the stats were 100% correct etc, it's just not something to get excited about. The only thing that's actually going to be new is story content, the raid, and the exotics so if there was a big leak there I'd be excited.

House of Wolves leak

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 12:31 (3377 days ago) @ JComboBox

but the basic vendor weapons are the same old stuff so even if we knew the stats were 100% correct etc,

Bungie has said the stats are NOT correct, and always subject to change.

House of Wolves leak

by Pfhor, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:43 (3377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

These stats can't be accurate because in the picture it shows the Vendor's armor light level at 39 max, but Luke already stated that vendor gear going forward will not surpass past Raid gear like it did in this DLC.

House of Wolves leak

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 14:39 (3377 days ago) @ Pfhor

These stats can't be accurate because in the picture it shows the Vendor's armor light level at 39 max, but Luke already stated that vendor gear going forward will not surpass past Raid gear like it did in this DLC.

That's not really what he said. What he did say was that the Vanguard gear immediately making the raid gear obsolete was a mistake that they won't make again. Sure, that could mean lowering the light levels from what is shown in the "leak", but there are plenty of other ways they could do it instead (even if the Vanguard gear scales to 39 light each with the expansion).

House of Wolves leak

by Pfhor, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 15:24 (3377 days ago) @ Speedracer513

"Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders"

Vendor gear will not be one level higher than of Raid gear like it was in CE.

House of Wolves leak

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 15:32 (3377 days ago) @ Pfhor

"Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders"

Vendor gear will not be one level higher than of Raid gear like it was in CE.

I can agree with that statement. I'm just pointing out that it is highly possible that the stats listed in the leak could be accurate and the raid gear still not validated (either because raid gear could be scaled as well, or for some other reason that Luke/Bungie could be planning).

House of Wolves leak

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 18:26 (3377 days ago) @ Speedracer513

My guess would be that either

# Vanguard gear goes up to 39 but will require yet another new Material to reach that point (probably only obtained from the raid)
or
# Some but not all vendor gear will reach 39, so you cant wear a full set and reach 33 without raiding.

House of Wolves leak

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 09:40 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

I shouldn't be surprised. You're just following the rules! D'oh!

Let it be said that the Bungie response was what made it a legitimate topic in my mind, but I'll admit I'm a little fuzzy about what we should not mention in this realm. If I've goofed, I'm sorry, admins!

House of Wolves leak

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:28 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

I was going to say that as a joke, but as I read the rule this is not a violation. The rule was there to avoid copyright violations that reduced the value of exclusives for game news outlets. Put another way, it was talking about official news releases through third parties.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

House of Wolves leak

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 10:52 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm sure much has changed, as DeeJ says...

Which can be seen here & here.

House of Wolves leak

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 11:13 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm sure much has changed, as DeeJ says, but I will say in terms of the new armor, I like the Fallen aesthetic much more than the raggedy-axx, bony Hive aesthetic. (The Vex aesthetic is still my favorite, though.)

I'm really digging my current look. The Hive stuff is just not my cup of tea.

Extropy Morph helmet...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 12:37 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

Hello CQB, My old friend...

Ever since the Dark Below patch was released months ago, the same bit of "leaked content" keeps getting rehashed as "just discovered". Although images of said content are new this time...

I want that helmet.

I need the Ram

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 12:41 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

Blind all your enemies when you use fireborn? Instant flame shield.

Never go near a warlock corpse ever again.

Someone Call Me?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 17:30 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread