Crota fight - 31 Hunter can deal massive damage (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 06, 2015, 07:10 (3375 days ago)
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Friday, February 06, 2015, 07:22

We ran Crota on Normal last night. Crota himself was giving us a tough time. We were using the window-ledge hard mode technique, and things just kept going wrong. Sword barrer wouldn't cooperate, Crota killing me while I was invisible, etc. But over time, we worked out the kinks.

The good thing about running the fight over and over is that I got my first chance to really experiment with using a Hunter as the sword wielder. Using cloak and blink strike, I worked out the timing such that I could land 4 or 5 sword slams per attack, for massive damage. In the end, we brought Crota down in 2 rounds.

I'd actually go as far as to say that a 31 Hunter may be preferable over a 32 of any other class when choosing a sword wielder (of course a 32 Hunter is preferable).

Here's a video from my perspective, for anyone who's interested:

http://youtu.be/ZbomejK_JfQ

Disappearing sword

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 06, 2015, 07:29 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ha... Just watched the video. It would have been less than half the length if the sword hadn't disappeared after downing the 2nd sword barrer.

You did a great job last night!

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:32 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by slycrel, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:42

Also, I always seem to die in the videos you post. I may be getting a complex about it. :D

You did a great job last night!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 06, 2015, 10:24 (3375 days ago) @ slycrel

Also, I always seem to die in the videos you post. I may be getting a complex about it. :D

We all had our fair share of deaths... I had more than my fair share ;)

It was a lot of fun. Always great to hit a wall like that and power through it.

Lvl 32, thx!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:56 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Well done Cruel. Thanks everyone for being so persistent & resolute in that prolonged battle against Crota. You were great sports all around. With the shards that dropped from the 2 different runs last night I was able to take my Titan to level 32. Now my Hunter just needs oodles of shards.

Lvl 32, thx!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 06, 2015, 10:28 (3375 days ago) @ dogcow

Well done Cruel. Thanks everyone for being so persistent & resolute in that prolonged battle against Crota. You were great sports all around. With the shards that dropped from the 2 different runs last night I was able to take my Titan to level 32. Now my Hunter just needs oodles of shards.

Nice! I had a great time. Still no luck on getting the armor I need. I still need the Chest piece and helmet for both my Hunter and Titan... I keep getting nothing but gloves. Still, I've had some good weapon drops from the raid this week. Got the pulse rifle and shotgun, plus my 2nd 331 Truth.

Anyway, it was lots of fun. Always a pleasure playing with you all :)

Crota fight - 31 Hunter can deal massive damage

by TheeChaos @, Friday, February 06, 2015, 11:45 (3375 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Theres the evidence I need. We will definitely beat HM tonight!!!!!!!!!! Just Bring your best

Crota fight - 31 Hunter can deal massive damage

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 06, 2015, 15:47 (3375 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Theres the evidence I need. We will definitely beat HM tonight!!!!!!!!!! Just Bring your best

Well as long as we have a 32 Hunter in the group, it should be doable ;)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread