Fun with Spreadsheets (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 20:22 (3374 days ago)

I'm taking my nerd status to new heights here, but I was inspired by a tweet from David Candland to take a more organized look at my weapon inventory. After the initial "holy crap I've got a lot of stuff" moment wore off, I actually found this really helpful. It's made it a lot easier for me to organize which weapons go with which character. I can make sure I've got an even distribution of weapon types and elemental damage across my characters. Hopefully this will lead to fewer trips to the vault to swap gear around.

Just thought this was a fun little thing to share :)

[image]

Thanks for sharing!

by slycrel ⌂, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 22:08 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It almost makes me inspired enough to do that myself. Almost. =)

My problem is I'm still pretty attached to most of my go-to weapons. I find that I keep going back to 1-2 in each slot, keeping me swapping them around. I should probably branch out more than I do, give a few things more of a chance. I did that with "up for anything" and I really didn't like it when it was un-leveled. Once I got it more or less upgraded it was a lot better and I use it some in PvP now.

Thanks for sharing!

by slycrel ⌂, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 00:03 (3374 days ago) @ slycrel

So... feeling inspired, I did the same. It was a good exercise and I learned a few things. (Like the fact that I have 2 universal remotes... o.0) I need to do some housecleaning again I think. Some of those guns I'll never use.

The asterisks are guns that need to be finished levelling.

[image]

Fun with Spreadsheets

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 06:29 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's a pity the Bungie.net website can't do this kind of view.

Seems useful.

Nice!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 07:15 (3374 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I actually did the same thing a few months ago, but with an eye towards organizing all my gear by its required upgrade materials. I wanted to see what I would need to max out all my weapons and armor. It's....a lot. :P

Nice!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 09, 2015, 08:43 (3373 days ago) @ Mid7night

I actually did the same thing a few months ago, but with an eye towards organizing all my gear by its required upgrade materials. I wanted to see what I would need to max out all my weapons and armor. It's....a lot. :P

I did the same thing. I was like, crap now I need to give up my job of software engineering and become a farmer!

Fun with Spreadsheets

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 09, 2015, 10:26 (3372 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've been thinking about how it would be useful to have something like this, but never have tried to do it. Maybe I wil put the work in now that is have peer pressure.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread