Thanks to all for the raid experience! (Destiny)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Saturday, February 07, 2015, 20:31 (3374 days ago)

People having to drop and lag aside, I had a blast. Best Death award goes to... crud, I forget. But it would have to be punching the gorgon in the face. (Someone help remind me of who that was?)

My proudest moment was the surprised exclamation over me being the second one to make it across the jumping puzzle. Not by jumping properly, but by misjumping and using a combination of the jetpack and Fist of Havoc to save me. I also liked being able to help people with Weapons of Light. That was fun, if an emergency switch. I think I would have enjoyed the relic, too. Support roles, yo.

And with that, since I'm only running on an hour of sleep, I'm going to try for bed.

'Twas fun!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 20:39 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Too bad my Xbox decided it didn't want to play nice with my internet during the Gatekeeper part, but I had fun for what I was there for.

'Twas fun!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 08, 2015, 03:42 (3374 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I had a blast with you as well. I was sorry to see you go, too. You made me laugh more than once, and to me that's the most important thing. Kudos, dude.

Thanks to all for the raid experience!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 21:22 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

People having to drop and lag aside, I had a blast. Best Death award goes to... crud, I forget. But it would have to be punching the gorgon in the face. (Someone help remind me of who that was?)

I want to say that was Morpheus.
I had fun too until it booted me. I knew I should've made sure I was set on XBL gold before the actual last day. I'm sorry if it pulling me out messed you guys up.

You didn't mess us up.

by ckamp, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 00:10 (3374 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I was bummed you got booted and couldn't finish.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 08, 2015, 03:39 (3374 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Dude, you were boss. I'm sorry that you had to drop -- my plan had been to "fistbump" you once we finished. We've both wanted this for a while now, so it was a brotherhood kind of thing.

You did amazingly well, and I hope that we can game together again soon. I always have fun with you, man.

You're a champ!

by ckamp, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 00:09 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Doing the jump puzzle without a moment's hesitation? Well done! Actually, the whole team did that well. General Vagueness gave me a scare on the ledge when the outcropping pushed him off, but he just triple-jumped his way back up nonchalantly.

I was sad that we had connection issues and lost General and Morpheus, but pulling out the 5-person victory with a bunch of first-timers was priceless.

Seriously, I had fun running it with you all. Hit me up if you ever want to do it again.

You're a champ!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 08, 2015, 03:50 (3374 days ago) @ ckamp

I distinctly remember when the first platform appeared, I yelled out "Aw, crap! I jumping puzzle?!" But folks were already moving, so I just followed. The only reason why I didn't say anything until it was done was that the platform disappearing took me by surprise -- I went into "SHUT UP AND FOCUS ON WHAT YOU'RE DOING OH CRAP OH CRAP" mode. When I got lost and realized that I probably wasn't going to make it, Fist of Havoc once again proved to be my friend.

That gave you a scare? Ha! You should have seen it from my end. I heard someone go "Vagueness!" and saw his name falling... only to bounce. I had no idea what was happening, and was paranoid until he showed back up with us.

Awesome time, all around. Couldn't have done it without you all, including those who had to drop. It's a blast, and should you ever need anybody, feel free and gimmie a holler. If I have the time, I'm always willing.

You're a champ!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 09:59 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

That gave you a scare? Ha! You should have seen it from my end. I heard someone go "Vagueness!" and saw his name falling... only to bounce. I had no idea what was happening, and was paranoid until he showed back up with us.

triple jump, definitely one of my favorite things about being a Hunter
even with that, I used it a bit too early and barely survived the landing
still, thrilling

You Guys Did A Great Job.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 22:58 (3371 days ago) @ ckamp

I'm very proud to see you all pull through. And a victory with 5 and a majority of noobs is extremely impressive. So remember the immortal words of Vernon Chatman:

"You haven't won. You ARE won."

Glad to get pulled in at the end!

by Monochron, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 08:26 (3374 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Thanks for the invite ckamp, awesome that we managed to 5-man it in the end!

Glad to get pulled in at the end!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Sunday, February 08, 2015, 11:43 (3373 days ago) @ Monochron

I'm glad that you came! Even with the panic and disorder that was the final push, you fit in perfectly. Thanks a lot, man!

SUPER Fun.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 09, 2015, 14:08 (3372 days ago) @ Dagoonite

I thought doing a noob raid was going to suck, but in truth, watching you guys flop around for a bit was amusing! Probably too much so. You guys caught on quickly, though--not too much help was needed.

I'm pretty sure the lag was on my end--I tried it again with another group yesterday and it started messing up real bad around 8 minutes.

But we finally managed to pull through. I can't believe--I got a second SUROS(Suros! Suros! Suros! Suros! Suros! Suros! )

And a Vision of Confluence!! Yay!

Now I gotta do Crota, see if I can find any better gear.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 10:03 (3372 days ago) @ Dagoonite

so, anybody have thoughts on finishing the raid, as far as when I could get to it? it felt like we were about at the end when I dropped (and I've seen pictures that imply that was the last room), would I be good just hopping into any old raid?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 10:12 (3372 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Since it reset today, you can do everything again and get the rewards, but yes, you could easily join another Raid with a more advanced checkpoint.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 10:13 (3372 days ago) @ General Vagueness

so, anybody have thoughts on finishing the raid, as far as when I could get to it? it felt like we were about at the end when I dropped (and I've seen pictures that imply that was the last room), would I be good just hopping into any old raid?

Hope you're talking about a new one--the wipe was last night. If you haven't finished it by now, you'll have to start over. Or find somebody who's already at that checkpoint.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 17:24 (3371 days ago) @ Morpheus

Hope you're talking about a new one--the wipe was last night. If you haven't finished it by now, you'll have to start over. Or find somebody who's already at that checkpoint.

hahah, no, I mean, if I jumped into a new iteration of the Vault of Glass, would I be lost at the end? is there anything important you have to do after that second set of sync plates besides fight the final boss, and is the boss a big thing to figure out?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 17:48 (3371 days ago) @ General Vagueness

The latter.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 21:24 (3371 days ago) @ Kermit

The latter.

um... what? the latter one is true? out of which two? presumably the others are false...?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 07:01 (3371 days ago) @ General Vagueness

The final boss fight definitely requires some learning.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 11:51 (3369 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread