Share your favorite Legendary Rolls (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 12:44 (3383 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 13:06

What are some of the best rolls on Legendaries you guys have got? What's everybody using? These are a few I use often:

PvE

The Chance
-Hip Fire
-Field Scout
-Feeding Frenzy

Another NITC
-Final Round
-Hammer Forged
-Firefly

Purifier VII
-Void
-Spray and Play
-Send it
-Cascade

Valedictorian 9-44
-Arc
-Cluster Bomb
-Field Scout
-Who's Next?

PvP

Badger CCL
-Who's Next?
-Send it
-Third eye

The Comedian
-Solar
-Performance Bonus
-Flared Magwell
-Shot Package

The Calming
-Void
-Spray and Play
-Hammer Forged
-Who's Next

I got a good looking roll on Vanquisher VIII, but haven't tried it, nor might I ever given the AR nerf:

Vanquisher VIII
-Spray an Play
-Perfect Balance
-Glass Half Full

Share your favorite Legendary Rolls

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 13:32 (3383 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have your comedian, just void, and full auto instead of performance bonus.

by DreadPirateWes, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 16:03 (3383 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I have 3 handcannons with firefly and explosive rounds... forget the name. I'm disappointed any time I switch to another primary.

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 16:23 (3383 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

You can't beat Texas Roadhouse for rolls.....

CC

those are hard to beat!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, February 08, 2015, 18:46 (3383 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

- No text -

Dat Vanquisher

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, February 09, 2015, 06:47 (3383 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I have an almost identical Vanquisher roll (just swap Spray and Play for Feeding Frenzy) and it's obscenely good. Practically aims itself with that much Stability, and the low magazine count gives you Glass Half Empty very quickly.

Recent Nightfall Roll

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, February 09, 2015, 07:28 (3383 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Purifier VII
Fusion Rifle
Damage Type: Solar
Magazine: 5
Abilities:
- Spray and Play (Fast reload when empty)
- Grenadier (Kills generate grenade energy)
- Accelerated Coils (Faster charge time)

Even without unlocking Accelerated Coils and Grenadier this weapon has been great in PvP. I think it's going to replace my old The Calming fusion rifle which also had Accelerated Coils. :)

It's currently equipped if you want to see it:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429710562/2305843009215257600#gear

Recent Nightfall Roll

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 09, 2015, 09:09 (3382 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Even without unlocking Accelerated Coils and Grenadier this weapon has been great in PvP. I think it's going to replace my old The Calming fusion rifle which also had Accelerated Coils. :)

I had a calming with accelerated coils, and I found that because the charge time was already so low, making it lower resulted in the gun having so little impact as to be unable to reliably one shot people in crucible. For those not in the know, charge time and impact are related in that as your charge time goes down, so does the impact, regardless of what the stat says. After switching it to single point sling, it faired much much better.

The only exception seems to be Plan C's special ability.

Shadow Price

by Kahzgul, Monday, February 09, 2015, 09:21 (3382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Red-Dot OES1 scope (best zoom in class!)
Outlaw (reload quickly after a precision kill)
Field Scout (42 rounds in the mag)
Reactive Reload (damage boost if you reload after a kill)

This gun is a beast and outperforms every other weapon I've ever had.

Shadow Price

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, February 09, 2015, 10:25 (3382 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Really love mine. Field scout, glass half full, and feeding frenzy. So good in crucible.

Shadow Price

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 09, 2015, 10:39 (3382 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Red-Dot OES1 scope (best zoom in class!)
Outlaw (reload quickly after a precision kill)
Field Scout (42 rounds in the mag)
Reactive Reload (damage boost if you reload after a kill)

This gun is a beast and outperforms every other weapon I've ever had.

Sounds like a beast in crucible even now.

Shadow Price

by Kahzgul, Monday, February 09, 2015, 14:39 (3382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It is the best gun I've ever seen.

by nico, Monday, February 09, 2015, 09:50 (3382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've got a Timur's Lash with Outlaw, Third Eye, and Armor Penetrating rounds that I like a lot.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 09, 2015, 10:11 (3382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Up for Anything with Persistence and Glass Half-Full has been very nice to me in the Crucible.

My Vanquisher VIII with Cascade and Crowd Control has just unlocked its perks, so I still haven't enough experience with it to give a fair judgement. So far, I'm loving the RoF/Impact combo.

Final Rest II with Hip Fire, Perfect Balance and Kneepads has been wrecking Minotaurs for a very long time as well.

Other than those, I haven't had any good Legendary rolls, really. The only other rolled Legendary I use is a Deviant Gravity-A whose perks don't merge well with my playstyle (seriously? Take a Knee on a MG?!). But hey, that MG by itself is great as is, so no complaints there.

Of course, there are quite a few Legendaries I frequently use, but they're all Raid drops, so no "rolls" on them.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, February 09, 2015, 13:22 (3382 days ago) @ ZackDark

The only other rolled Legendary I use is a Deviant Gravity-A whose perks don't merge well with my playstyle (seriously? Take a Knee on a MG?!).

That is an awful perk for a machine gun. Honestly, I feel like there are certain perks/weapon combinations that shouldn't ever appear together, and that's one of them.

Thankfully, Deviant Gravity is a great gun on its own.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 09, 2015, 14:25 (3382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Other than raids, the only Legendaries I've ever (remembered) rolled were Ascendancy. Which I didn't mind, but for chrissake, I need ENERGY. 71 shards and 4 keys.

GOD.

Then again, my rep gains have usually gotten me something nice.

Stuff I got from The Cryptarch include:

B-Line Trauma
Proxima Centauri II
Deviant Gravity-A
I don't remember where I got the Light/Beware from, so I'll just say here.
Istanu-GNT Razor
Astrolord Robe

The only thing I ever got from Crucible that wasn't blue....was something I literally bought from Xur no more than seven minutes before.

Oh, and I got the Timebreaker for finishing a Raid last week--after like, 45 seconds of driving it, I realized I could not continue to use that vehicle, because it would permanently distract me into blowing up my vehicle every 10 seconds.

Also...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, February 09, 2015, 14:28 (3382 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by Morpheus, Monday, February 09, 2015, 14:39

Pretty much everything in my vault that isn't yellow.

XD

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, February 09, 2015, 19:26 (3382 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by bluerunner, Monday, February 09, 2015, 19:31

Just got TFWPKY 1969 with clown cartridge, explosive rounds, and feeding frenzy. I think I'm gonna love it.

Edit: Meant to report to Cody's main post.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 17:35 (3381 days ago) @ bluerunner

Just got TFWPKY 1969 with clown cartridge, explosive rounds, and feeding frenzy. I think I'm gonna love it.

Edit: Meant to report to Cody's main post.

Clown cartridge is cool because the bonus ammo you get doesn't come from your reserve. It's 'free'.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, February 09, 2015, 20:11 (3382 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Valedictorian
Field Scout
Spray and Play
Surplus

Two to the Morgue
Knee Pads
Perfect Balance
Full-Auto

Another NitC
Final Round
Explosive Rounds
Third Eye

Two to the Morgue with Perfect Balance is insane

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 03:24 (3382 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 05:02 (3382 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

The Crash
Grenadier (x2)
Hammer Forged

Venation III
Spray and Play
Luck in the Chamber
Perfect Balance

Up for Anything
Focus Lens FLS2
Hip Fire
Perfect Balance
Crowd Control

Badger CCL
Truesight/Ranged Lens (depending on the map)
Rodeo
Explosive Rounds
Firefly

One Way Ticket 000
Linear Compensator
Tripod
Javelin
Clown Cartridge

Against All Odds
Rodeo
Perfect Balance
Feeding Frenzy

I also have a couple of expansion blues, an ALR96-40 Overkill (Autorifle) and an I PROTEST (shotgun) that are a lot of fun, but haven't been fully levelled yet.

~m

Favorite Sniper

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 18:25 (3381 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just got this when I was playing with Chewie and Zero on Saturday:

Y-09 Longbow Synthesis:
Spray and Pray (Very quick reload when clip is empty)
Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

It also naturally has a five round clip. Awesome sniper rifle, finally a solid non-exotic replacement for my Praedyth's Revenge.

Favorite Sniper

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 21:52 (3381 days ago) @ Xenos

I have two of those (void and solar) and really like them. The void one actually has slightly higher impact than my arc LDR, which is impressive.

Favorite Sniper

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 23:05 (3381 days ago) @ stabbim

Just got a void Prudence II with performance bonus, field scout and outlaw. Rate of fire looks to be on par or better than P.R.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread