I can finally use the sword! (Destiny)

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:30 (3381 days ago)

Some cool guys let me give it a go the other day and I guess I picked it up quickly, killed Crota second try (on normal). It was pretty hairy, my heart was pounding at the end there! Makes you feel like a total hero, I love this game :P So if anyone needs a fairly decent level 32 hunter on 360 shoot Forgetful Jones a message :)

Also beat Crota on hard with my newly 32 titan last night, had a sick 5 man team, first try smooth as silk. Wish they all went that way!

I can finally use the sword!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:59 (3381 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Nice!

Next time you're using the sword as a Hunter, you should try this method:

http://destinyraider.net/2015/02/06/level-31-hunter-obliterates-crota/

You can take Crota down in 2 rounds with the sword as a level 31... a 32 would destroy him even faster :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:14 (3381 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You can take Crota down in 2 rounds with the sword as a level 31... a 32 would destroy him even faster :)

You can take down Crota on hard in two swords too. Hoping to do that tonight :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:21 (3381 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can take down Crota on hard in two swords too. Hoping to do that tonight :-p

I'm actually wondering how a 31 Hunter would fare against Hard Mode Crota using this technique. I'm sure it would take more than 2 Sword rounds... maybe 3?

I've had decent luck getting my 31 Titan through the hard mode raid. Might try my Hunter at some point too. Taking the sword during the final battle might actually be the best use of my Hunter.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:14 (3381 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm actually wondering how a 31 Hunter would fare against Hard Mode Crota using this technique. I'm sure it would take more than 2 Sword rounds... maybe 3?

I've had decent luck getting my 31 Titan through the hard mode raid. Might try my Hunter at some point too. Taking the sword during the final battle might actually be the best use of my Hunter.

I meant you can get him in two swords as a 32 on hard.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:18 (3381 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I meant you can get him in two swords as a 32 on hard.

Right, I'm just wondering how quickly a 31 Hunter could bring him down on hard mode. Using the bladedancer/blink strike technique, a 31 Hunter could potentially bring him down faster than a 32 of any other class. Obviously, a 32 Hunter would be ideal, but in a pinch (if no 32 hunter is in the group) a 31 Hunter might be able to get the job done fairly efficiently.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 17:50 (3381 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I wanted to set this up on Monday night but we never did, cause I blew up from hidden cursed both times....

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 11:06 (3381 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Nice to see you around again, there are remember Yayap fondly and miss it.

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 11:17 (3381 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Yayap.com was great fun, thanks for remembering :)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 11:46 (3381 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Some cool guys let me give it a go the other day and I guess I picked it up quickly, killed Crota second try (on normal). It was pretty hairy, my heart was pounding at the end there! Makes you feel like a total hero, I love this game :P

I just had my first swing at it last night (I'm here all day folks). I didn't do it the second time through, but I was surprised at how well I did! The first time it felt like I had a giant sign on my back that said "Sword wielder in training", but it was still an awesome experience if not a little nerve racking.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:36 (3381 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yea you didn't do bad at all. need to work on the timing, but that is a whole group thing, not just you! Plus we got it in the end and that's all that matters (we blew through everything else so who cares right?)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread